About this event
On Sunday December 6, 2020 the Shenandoah Region will conduct a drive through parts of Western Albemarle and Nelson Counties. Great roads and some nice views. Meet up time will be 8:30AM at the Pro Renata Brewery back parking lot. The end point for the drive will also be the Pro Renata Brewery. We will have a mid-point break near Montebello in Nelson County. Drive length is 105 miles and expected duration including the break time is three hours.
In an effort to improve the usability and practicality of our Route Instructions they will only be provided in a digital format. We will be using the Scenic Motorcycle Navigation app to provide route guidance. It is available for iPhone only. Please download it to your iPhone before you arrive at the start location. If you do not have an iPhone we will partner you with an iPhone user and you will only need to follow your partner.
In the spirit of COVID-19 awareness the drive will be limited to eighteen cars organized into three sub-groups of six cars each.
We will provide the route instruction file to you at the start point, assist you in uploading it and provide instructions in the use of the app for route navigation. As always you really only need to keep the car in front of you in view to stay on the route.
COVID-19 Guidelines for this event can be found below:
PPE (Personal Protective Equipment) and Situational Awareness
- Please read this entire document before you register for the event. That will allow you to make an educated decision about attending the event
- If you are at higher risk for severe illness, or if you are sick, or if you have been in contact with anyone that is sick in the last two weeks, or experiencing COVID-19 symptoms such as fever, cough or shortness of breath, please stay home.
- Participants must supply their own face covering / mask. If you don’t have a mask you will not be permitted to participate and be asked to leave the event site.
- Things are not “normal”. The world has changed. Please remember that. Limit physical contact; refrain and discourage hugs, handshakes, and high-fives.
- All registration will be done electronically on www.Motorsportreg.com. Online pre-registration will be open until 9:00pm the day before the event.
- Registration and waiver signing must be completed on Motorsportreg prior to the event. We will be unable to accept walk ups due to COVID-19 restrictions.
- Waivers for all participants will be signed using Speedwaiver. This link Speedwaiver will be used to sign the waivers. You must have a smart phone to complete this process. This must be completed before the drivers meeting on the day of the event. There will not be any paper waivers or wristbands.
- If a minor will be riding on the tour with a family member please print this Form (in color) and bring it filled out to the drivers meeting.
- Please understand that the steps above are the only way to register and participate in this event. If you show up and are unable or unwilling to register this way, you will not be able to participate.
- A properly worn face mask (covering nose and mouth) is required any time you are outside of your car.
- Virginia COVID-19 rules and regulations can be found here: https://www.vdh.virginia.gov/coronavirus/
Hope you can join us!