About this event
Welcome to the Motor City Chapter BMWCCA!
Join us for our annual one-day high performance
driver's education (HPDE) event at Waterford Hills.
Conveniently located in metro Detroit, Waterford Hills offers
an invigorating driving experience for novice and expert alike.
This year, the event will be held on Friday, June 18, 2021.
What better way to start a summer weekend?
2021 marks our 17th consecutive year at Waterford Hills.
Motor City BMWCCA prides itself on offering some of the best instruction in HPDE. No matter your driving level, we will help you improve!
COVID-19 Changes *PLEASE READ*
Due to COVID-19, the following run group changes will be in effect:
There will be 3 run groups:
- Instructor, Solo and Advanced
- Taste of the Track (3 sessions in the afternoon)
- The intermediate group will have instructors observing the session, and these instructors will “de-brief” students after each session. To qualify as an intermediate student, you must speak to and be approved by the chief instructor, at email@example.com.
Taste of the Track sessions are being provided in place of the novice student group. This is an excellent opportunity for people who want to experience the track, but at lower speeds.
- Controlled lap speeds with no helmets required
- No tech inspections are required for this group
- Consists of an intro to the track and “classroom” instruction
Click "Continue" below to start your registration now!
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
- Location: Waterford Hills in Clarkston, MI
Situated on the grounds of the Oakland County Sportmen's Club,
between I-75 and Dixie Highway (US 24)
- Event Type: High Performance Drivers Education (HPDE)
This is a non-timed, non-competitive driving event.
Participants safely learn and develop (a) high performance driving
technique, (b) driving line at Waterford Hills, and (c) situational awareness
through on-track and classroom experiences.
- Driving Groups: Participants (other than Taste of the Track) will be organized into run groups based on experience. Passing rules are more lenient for more experienced students. Our goal is to foster a safe and invigorating environment for everyone!
- Amenities: Due to Covid-19, please bring your own food and water for the day.
We’ll take a break for a lunch mid-day. Bring bottled water to keep yourself hydrated!
- What’s Next: Click “Continue” to begin your registration!
- Drivers. By the date of the school, all drivers must be 16 years or older and have a full driver’s license that does not require another qualified party to be a passenger in the vehicle. Note: For students under the age of 18, the student and a parent or guardian must sign a Parental and Minor Release Waiver (see Forms below).
Vehicles. All cars must be titled and have a valid automobile insurance policy at the time of the event. No vans, minivans, trucks, or similar vehicles are permitted. If you have a capable SAV (BMW X3, etc) and would like to bring it, please contact our chief instructor at firstname.lastname@example.org for prior approval. Our apologies, but per the BMWCCA Driving Events Operations Manual, we cannot accommodate convertibles (soft or retractable hardtop), targa, or T-top vehicles. (Note: For our Taste of the Track group only, SAVs and convertibles are welcome without further approval.) Waterford’s local township ordinance noise levels require that all cars MUST have an operational commercially-available muffler and that sound levels at the property line be kept below 75 dB. Cars not meeting this requirement will be excluded from the event.
Tech inspection. All vehicles (except for the Taste of the Track group) must pass a pre-school technical inspection performed by a licensed mechanic and complete the Vehicle Technical Inspection form (see Forms below). This is to be completed before the school. No onsite technical inspections will be performed.
- Helmets.You will need a Snell SA or M-rated helmet (2010 or newer), except for our Taste ot the Track group.
Forms: All participants will need to read and complete the following forms and bring them to the event, where they will be collected by Motor City Chapter staff. All forms are available on our website HERE.
- Vehicle Technical Inspection (except for the Taste of the Track group)
- BMW CCA adult waiver
- BMW CCA communicable disease waiver
- Helmet certification (unless you are in the Taste of the Track group)
- Parental and Minor Release Waiver (if the student is under 18)
Note: We no longer require a medical form. If you have a medical condition you would like the track's safety crew to know about, you can communicate with them directly. We'll also have available paper wristbands on which you can write a medical condition you'd like the crew to know about.
For questions or additional information regarding any of these requirements, please contact our chief instructor at email@example.com
Note that a separate application form must be submitted for each driver, even if you are sharing a car.
Please monitor the Motor City Chapter BMW CCA web site for up-to-date information.