About this event
Waterford Hills Road Racing
NOTICE: Effective 7/21/2021 Participation of Electric vehicles has been suspended until WHRRI obtains specialized equipment to deal with Electric Vehicle emergencies.
Welcome to the Waterford Hills Time Trials/Road Bracket Racing Registration!
This Season's schedule:
- Bracket 1: 5/1/2021
- Bracket 2: 5/2/2021
- Bracket 3: 6/26/2021
- Bracket 4: 6/27/2021
- Bracket 5: 7/31/2021
- Bracket 6: 8/1/2021
- Bracket 7: 8/28/2021
- Bracket 8: 8/29/2021
- Bracket 9: 9/25/2021
- Bracket 10: 9/26/2021
What is Road Bracket Racing?
- RBR is a way to test your skills and compete on a level playing field against other drivers and vehicles
- After a practice session ,You tell us what your lap time will be during a timed session
- The person with the closest three runs is the winner!
How it works:
- We will zip tie a transponder to your vehicle during the Tech Inspection
- You'll complete a quick ~1/2 hour meeting to explain how the event works
- Participate in a timed practice session in the Morning.
- Choose your target lap time based on the timed practice session runs
- We'll place you out on the track by order of fastest to slowest to minimize traffic
- Drive your session and try to get as close to your chosen time as you can.
- Your best times will be used to score your runs. The lower the differential, the better your score.
- Point to pass rules... no driver may pass unless they are pointed by the leading driver
- NO wheel to wheel racing! All passes are completed in controlled zones with driver acknowledgment
- If you've run an Open Track Day at Waterford Hills, you already know 90% of the procedure!
What do I need to participate?
- Regular State issued driver's license (Any US State)
- HPDE2, HPDE3, and HPDE4 drivers are qualified after a safe full weekend in their run group. HPDE1 drivers are not allowed.
- You MUST have documented experience at a WHRRI Waterford Hills Open Track Day event or a significant amount of track experience.
- All previous Bracket Race entrants are fully eligible and require no additional experience.
- Good condition that can pass a basic safety inspection.
- Preferably a manual transmission
- You don't need a performance car to run these events!
- Street or fully prepared cars are welcome!
- *Additional rules apply for convertibles... contact us for more information
- Original equipment restraints for your vehicle Snell rated helmet (2005 or newer) with a SA, M, or K certification
- Helmet rentals are available at the track!
- Additional safety equipment is permitted
- All Drivers must be able to attain a dial-in time LOWER (read "faster") than 1:32:00. This time will be adjusted in case of inclement weather.
- Drivers with lap times faster than 1:20.00 during the event are subject to additional safety inspections
Registration is limited to 12 cars per day.
- Track opens at 8:00am each morning
- Registration and vehicle tech from 9:00am to 10:00am
- 10:00 Mandatory Driver's meeting/Race Training
- 20 minute Practice session just prior to Lunch break (12:30)
- 1:00 Driver's meeting to gather target times
- 20 minute Timed session just prior to afternoon worker break (3:30)
- Enjoy the races while scores are computed
- ~4:00pm Winner Announcements
- Bonus track time at end of race day if time permits!
- 6:00 Trophy presentations at the club house
*Session times may vary based on track schedule/maintenance
- Online payment/Pre-Pay $100.00
- Day of Event $130.00
- Competition Package (6 event days) $475.00
- Competition package can be scheduled for any bracket race event during the season
- Unused events during the season may be transferred to the next race season
LICENSED RACE DRIVER.
Waterford Hills is a 1.5 mile track located in Clarkston, Michigan with elevation changes and challenging corners to provide a thrilling ride for everyone from novice to expert. There are NO SPEED LIMITS on the track! This is the place to see and learn what you and your car can really do!
Waterford Time Trials are open to all makes and models. Any street car that can pass a simple safety inspection can participate. Convertibles require a roll bar, or factory rollover protection. SUVs are case by case (A high center of gravity and high speed turns usually don't mix!). The only specialty gear you need to run is a Snell 2010 or newer helmet.
New-comers to the Track are provided detailed instruction on Track Etiquette and safety. Instructors are available at no extra cost to show you how to navigate the track and improve your driving skills.
Walk up registrations are welcome!
- Bracket Racing Rules: 2021-whrri-rules-and-regs_Final.pdf
- Tech Form: 2018 WATERFORD_HILLS_OTD_TechForm.pdf
- For reference only - printed Tech form will be provided to you on the day of the event)
- Open Track Day Rules: 2018_WHRRI_Open_Track_Day_Rules.pdf
- Questions on anything above? Send questions to: