About this event
You thought we were done, but surprise! Texas region is excited to offer the FIRST EVER road-course autocross event at Eagles Canyon Raceway! This will be on February 14th at Eagles Canyon Raceway in Decatur.
This event will count towards the 2020 championship season.
Running on the road course brings with it some special requirements - you must have autocrossed at least 3 times in the past few years with publicly accessible results to be eligible for this event. (clubs other than SCCA qualify). We will be checking local results when you sign up, and will contact you if we can't verify that you meet the prerequisite. This is a safety issue for us - not so much for the drivers, but for the workers. ECR is a large venue with workers spread out over long stretches. It's important that the worker pool be experienced in this situation.
ECR has also informed us that due to safety concerns electric vehicles will NOT be allowed to participate.
Due to the ongoing COVID-19 pandemic, Texas Region SCCA has implemented the following procedure changes.
- Please attempt to maintain social distancing of 6ft at all times
- Registration: This event is pre-registration ONLY. On-Site registration will not be available.
- Paddock: Please park in every other parking spot when selecting a place in paddock. This helps maintain safe social distancing.
- Loaner Helmets: Loaner helmets will not be provided. All participants are required to bring their own helmet. Helmets will be checked during tech. Legal helmet certifications are Snell M and SA 2005 or newer, among others. Details on allowed helmet certifications can be found on the SCCA website here: (2020 SCCA Allowed Helmet Certifications)
- Waivers: Everyone must sign the SCCA waiver and wear the provided wristbands. You are strongly encouraged to bring your own pen to sign the waiver.
- Tech: Tech will be performed with everyone remaining IN their car. Do NOT leave your car, and tech workers will instruct you as required while inspecting your car from the exterior. Annual tech will be honored like normal.
- Check-In: The usual list of pre-registration persons will not be posted on the side of the trailer. Instead, the waiver workers will mark you as in-attendance on a private sheet of attendees.
- Spectators: Spectators are not allowed.
- Water: For safety reasons we will not be providing water, ice, or beverages. PLEASE bring your own.
- Masks: Face masks are required when entering any Eagles Canyon building and inside the SCCA trailer. Masks will be provided for workers positioned inside the SCCA trailer. Masks will be available to purchase for $1
- Access to the SCCA trailer will be extremely limited. Please do not enter the trailer without explicit permission from a Texas Region SCCA staff member. Please attempt to resolve any issues outside the trailer
The policies are also subject to change prior to the event date. Registrants will be notified if any changes do occur.
By clicking continue and completing registration you agree to follow these procedures for the safety of yourself, others in attendance, and the Texas Region SCCA staff. Anyone unwilling to follow these procedures should not complete registration. Anyone on-site who is not following procedures will be asked to leave.
Please be sure to bring your drivers license and SCCA membership card to the event. If you are not a member, register using the Non-Member button and you will be assigned a weekend membership for the event. The fee you pay as a non-member ($15) can be applied toward annual membership dues - you can apply up to 2 weekend membership fees toward your annual membership.
Not sure what class your car is in? Click here to download the Street Class Listing by Manufacturer reference sheet
Approximate Event Schedule:
7:30am - 8:30am.... Registration & Tech Inspection Open
8:00am (approx)..... Course open for walking
8:30am (approx)..... Novice Walk Thru
9:00am (approx)..... Mandatory Drivers Meeting
9:30am (approx)..... 1st heat Drivers in Grid, 1st heat Workers on course, First Car Out!
If this will be your first event with Texas Region SCCA, please be at the site by 7:30am! This gives you time to get your car through Tech Inspection & have plenty of time to walk the course.
Everyone on site MUST sign the insurance waiver & wear a wristband. Minor waivers will be available for anyone under 18 accompanied by a parent or legal guardian.