TX SCCA Track Day & Time Trial #1-Cresson 1.7 CWMotorsport Ranch - Cresson
About this event
What: Texas Region SCCA Track Day and Time Trial
Where: Motorsport Ranch Cresson
When: April 1st
Cresson does have a sound limit of 103 dBA.
This event has three registration options – Track Day - Novice, Track Day - Experience, and Time Trial. Please choose the correct element during the registration process:
- Track Day - Novice (NG) element is open to novices with little or no track experience. This will help you improve your track skills and knowledge. This is simular to HPDE or PDX in other programs. NG drivers will participate in classroom sessions covering track driving concepts, flagging, etiquette, and more. Also there is track time to practice what you have learned with lead-follow or in car instruction. When you are ready, you will be signed off to solo. This will also earn you a SCCA Time Trial Novice license. You are required to sign up for this if you have not been signed off to solo on track with SCCA or another group.
- Track Day - Experience (EG) is for those who have been signed off to solo by our novice group or other driving groups and would like to have some fun with their car on track or time to practice before starting competition.
- The Time Trials (TT) element is a timed event (SCCA level 2 Track Event), with the option to participate in the 2023 Time Trials Championship Series.
- Driver qualification for Time Trials will be as follows:
- Hold a current SCCA Competition license, or a history of tracking events with SCCA or SCCA recognized organizations such as PCA, NASA, CHIN, BMW, PBOC, etc; or
- Hold a current SCCA Time Trial License; or
- Signed off by SCCA Time Trial to "solo" from Novice events; or
- Has been approved to drive solo by any of the following HPDE schools: Apex, Drivers Edge, Chinn, Eagles Canyon, Edge Addicts.
- Receive an entry waiver from the Event Chief Driving Instructor.
- Driver qualification for Time Trials will be as follows:
If you do not meet the requirements of 1-4 above, you can request an entry waiver by contacting the Chief Driving Instructor, Miles Furlong. All drivers approved for participation who do not meet 1-4 above and who don't have and entry waiver will need to choose the Novice Group (NG) option when registering. NG drivers will have lead/follow and/or an instructor assigned to them for the day.
Pricing: Track Day - Novice $280; Track Day - Experience $250: Time Trial $250. There is a $25 transponder rental if you need one.
*Your AMB transponder must be compatible with our timing system. If you're not sure, please email Taylor Burnidge for clarification.
We are running under the current National Time Trial Level 1 safety rules and the 2023 TT Supps Sanction number for Track Day is 23-TERG-xxxxx and Time Trial is 23-TTTA-xxxxx.
There is the possibly of charges from the track if your vehicle dumps fluids that requires cleaning it off the track.
Your helmet must meet the SCCA certification or you will not be able to use it at the event. 2023 Helmet-Certification Labels.pdf
If you have a convertible, please check with the 2023 Time Trial Supplementary Rules 5.6 for safety requirements. 2023 TT Supps . You must have rollover protection that is attached to the frame of your car.
If you want 2 drivers in 1 car, please contact Sherrie Ledbetter to see if that is possible. Otherwise, you will be splitting the sessions between both drivers.
There have been some changes in the National classing especially in the Sports classes. Please check your class if you are in the Sports class. Texas Region SCCA Time Trial is using the SCCA National Time Trial car classing. Here is the National TT link to find you car classing: National SCCA TT Car Classing. It helps to start with what modifications you have made to your car, start with that category and use the drill down to find you classing. Here is a breakdown of car makes and models for the Sport and Tuner classes (see tabs for each category): 2023 TT Classing.xlsx . Open-Wheel Race Cars that are not explicitly classed in the National Time Trials Rules are not permitted at Texas Region SCCA Time Trials events. If you have a "non production car" please contact Sherrie to see if you qualify. If you have any questions, please email Sherrie Ledbetter .
Everyone on site at our events must sign the SCCA insurance waiver and wear the provided wristband. Minor waivers are available for anyone under 18 accompanied by a parent or legal guardian. SCCA members, including minors, have the option to complete a digital annual waiver ahead of time instead of signing the paper waiver on site. The process is quick, simple, and free: Digital Annual Waiver Instructions. Note: Your my.scca.com profile picture, not the photo submitted with the annual waiver, will be shown on your membership card. A profile picture that is wider than it is tall may be shown sideways on your membership card, so cropping it before uploading is suggested.
Here is the race schedule for the event that is subject to change: 2023 Run Schedule.pdf 4 - 20 minute sessions for TT and 4 - 25 minute session for Track Day. There is also a open 20 minute 5th session for Time Trial partipants.
MotorsportsReg has a texting feature for Time Trial. Please check the yes box for receiving text message when you register. Also go to your profile and make sure that the phone # that is listed for you will be the one you have at the track. If not, please change it. This will be used to let you know when to report to grid. BE THERE EARLY
7:00 Registration Opens
8:15 Mandatory Drivers Meeting
8:45 First Session on track
There will be a MANDATORY drivers meeting at 8:15. Failure to attend this meeting will prohibit you from participating.
Please print off and complete this 2023 SCCA TT Tech Form before you come to the event. If you are not comfortable completing the checklist yourself, a race shop can do it for you.
The Chief Steward, Chief Safety Steward (Bob Neff), and Chief Driving Instructor (Miles Furlong) have the authority to disqualify participants for failure to follow event rules, both on and off track. Event Lead is Matt Lucas, registration Sherrie Ledbetter, Wavier Chief Jimmy Chen.