Tulip Time Rally
SCCA - Texas Region - RoadRally
Registration closed May 26, 2017 6:00 PM on May 26, 2017 6:00 PM CDT Registration ends May 26, 2017 6:00 PM on May 26, 2017 6:00 PM CDT Registration opens March 11, 2017 12:00 AM on March 11, 2017 12:00 AM CST Registration runs from March 11, 2017 12:00 AM to May 26, 2017 6:00 PM
Texas Region SCCA’s 2017 Road Rally program continues with the
TULIP TIME RALLY
The image above left is a kind of rally instruction called a tulip. This one means “Turn left at slant T at STOP”. The X represents the stop sign. These were first used by the famous Tulip Rally in Holland. We will use this type of route instruction for this event
The main challenge for this event will be to find certain signs along the route, and to answer questions suggested by the signs. The clues given to tell you which signs we want (or the questions) may be a little obscure, but you will soon catch on.
- Start location: Mazda of Mesquite dealership, at 15900 LBJ Fwy, Mesquite, TX 75150, at Oates Dr.
- Finish location: Spring Creek Barbeque, 1993 North Central Expy, McKinney, 75070, at the intersection of US-380.
- Rally registration begins at 9:00am on Saturday, May 27. The Safety Briefing will be at 10:00am.
- Car #1 will receive the Route Book and score sheets at 10:21am. First car will be out at 10:31am.
- Cars are expected in McKinney around 2:30pm.
- You will take the scenic route to McKinney, on country roads around Lake Ray Hubbard, for the most part.
- Any vehicle with 4 wheels that’s street legal is welcome: sports cars, family sedans, pickup trucks, etc. All roads are paved.
- At least two people old enough to read must be in the car. Additional passengers are allowed.
- Rally Fee: $25.00 per car. SCCA members get a $5 discount. There is a $5 late fee if not preregistered here.
- Awards: First Timers, Novices (less than 3 rally trophies won), and General Class.
- There is also a Master class for those who don’t want any more trophies. This class is optional.
- If a minor child (<18) will be in the car, contact email@example.com for a Minor Waiver form for a parent to sign.
- If you have any rally questions, send them to firstname.lastname@example.org .
The General Instructions for the event will be emailed to those who pre-register, a few days before the rally.
This rally is sanctioned as a Divisional Rally by SCCA, and is a part of the National SCCA Road Rally Championship. Sanction Number: 2017-DG-41-02.
Texas Region SCCA (www.texasscca.org) is affiliated with the Sports Car Club of America (www.scca.org). With over 65,000 members, and with Regions all over the US, the club offers car related activities in a broad range of automotive events.
This is the second event in the 2017 Texas Region SCCA Championship Road Rally Series.