Trillium/GVC HPDE at The GlenWatkins Glen International
About this event
Trillium and Genesee Valley BMW CCA chapters are hosting a HPDE event at Watkins Glen International September 29 - October 1, 2023.
- 1 to 3 days Open-lapping for pre-approved Solo, instructors, and pre-approved Advanced students.
- Two-day Driving School in 2 instructed groups from Novice, Intermediate and Advanced students, Saturday and Sunday
Event Format: On-track sessions run Friday from 8:30 AM to 4:30 PM, Saturday 8:30 AM to 5:30 PM, Sunday 8:00 AM to 4:00 PM. Example Schedule: MSR_export MSR.pdf
Friday: Open-track day for pre-approved Solo, instructors, and pre-approved Advanced students.
Saturday/Sunday: Novice, Intermediate and Advanced students will be combined into two instructed run groups, with four 25 min. sessions per day. All others will use an Open Track format with breaks for the two Instructed run group sessions.
Track Schedules will be sent out to all attendees prior to the event
Fees (all fees are in USD)
- Instructed (Advanced, Intermediate, and Novice): $650 (Sat/Sun) only. Personal instruction (in-car and/or lead-follow, depending on COVID-19 restrictions), and classroom sessions both days.
- Friday open track add-on option for pre-approved Advanced drivers only: add $275
- Pre-approved Solo:
- 2-day weekend (Saturday and Sunday): $675
- 3-day weekend: $925
- 2-day Friday and Saturday only: $725.
- Friday ONLY: $395
- Friday - Sunday: $100
- Saturday and Sunday only: $50
- Garage Bays:
- Instructors FREE
- Lappers and students (first come, first serve) $75 per car - quarter bay (4 cars per bay)
- Fees may be refunded only if cancellation occurs more than 30 days before the event. The club is NOT responsible for currency fluctuations.
- No refund or credit after the 30 day deadline.
For more information about the event, see the GVC registration page.
- To attend this event, you must be a regular or associate member of BMW CCA, with dues paid up, or a current member BMW Clubs Canada.
- You must be 18 years of age or older and have a full driver's license (not a provisional or learners permit), which is not suspended or revoked.
- If your track driving record does not appear in Driving Evals, you will need to send a detailed resume to email@example.com. Your resume must detail:
- Your current driver proficiency level (novice, intermediate, advanced, Solo, and SLIP Level if you have one)
- The make, model, year, and modifications to your car
- Driving/racing organizations and tracks you have experience with
- The total number of track days you have run over how many years
- The type of events (driving schools, club days, open lapping, race schools, time trials, etc.) that you have run.
- If you have been signed off to drive solo, but are not pre-approved A-Solo, Group S, etc., how long ago and approximately how many track days you have been signed off to solo
- The name and email address for two references (e.g., HPDE Chief Instructor, driving instructor/coach or licensed racer)
In addition, please note the following requirements, prerequisites and conditions:
- You must bring an approved and signed GVC pre-event Technical Inspection Form. Your car must be inspected by a competent mechanic (USA only) or a licensed mechanic (Canada only) according to all of the criteria on the club's technical inspection form. At the time of your inspection you must ensure your mechanic completes and signs the form. This inspection should be completed no earlier than 4 weeks before the driving school. A separate technical inspection is required for each and every driving school you attend. You must present the completed and signed form on the morning of the first day of the driving school. Without a completed and signed form, you will not be allowed out on the track.
- Prior to arriving at the event, all participants and guests must sign the electronic waiver at https://gvc-bmwcca.speedwaiver.com/dbnik.
- PLEASE NOTE: CARS EQUIPPED WITH COLLISION AVOIDANCE BRAKING SYSTEMS AND/OR LANE DEPARTURE CORRECTIVE SYSTEMS: These systems must be turned off prior to entering the track for each track session. All other safety systems must be left on.
- Open-top cars: Convertibles, T-tops or Targa tops are allowed only if they have roll-over protection AND pass the "broomstick" test. Such convertibles must have arm restraints or window nets. If a convertible has a hard top, the top must be mounted. If you are not sure, please ask by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org
- BMW SAV’s are allowed only in the novice group.
- Vehicles not permitted include: Open-wheeled cars, trucks (including light trucks, i.e. pickups), vans (including minivans), non-BMW SUV/SAV’s, cross-overs, military vehicles, delivery vehicles, three-wheeled vehicles, motorcycles, etc. Basically, anything that isn't a coupe, gran coupe (i.e. sedan without a b-pillar), sedan, station/sport wagon, hatchback, or compact is prohibited.
*Please note the Chapters reserve the right to restrict any vehicle from participation if we believe there is an unacceptable safety risk to either the driver and/or other participants.
- Hybrid / Electric vehicles: If it's a car, you may bring it but please note that we cannot guarantee the availability of a charging station. Please contact the track directly.
- Helmets required: Helmets must meet the Snell SA2015 or SA2020 standard. A very limited number of loaner helmets are available at the track. Motorcycle helmets are not allowed. Please note an 'M' helmet does not mean Motorsport. It means Motorcycle.
- Occupant safety: The driver and passenger seats and seat belts must be functionally equivalent. This means if your driver seat has a 5-point harness, your passenger seat must also have a 5-point harness.
- Apparel: Long pants and sleeved tops are mandatory on track, no tank tops, no open shoes. Synthetics are strongly discouraged (cotton or silk highly recommended).
- Passengers: Student drivers are NOT permitted to carry any passengers while on track, or during skid pad/autoslalom exercises, except for Trillium/GVC approved instructors. Instructors are the only drivers permitted to carry passengers in their cars, such as school students or guests.
- Refunds: Fees are fully refundable up to 30 days prior to the event. Please note the club is not responsible for currency fluctuations. There are no refunds for cancellations at less than 30 days.
- Driver substitutions: Not allowed.