Trillium DE at CTMP (June 23-25)Canadian Tire Motorsport Park - GP
About this event
*** NOTE: If you wish to purchase multiple events in advance for a "multi-event" discount, do not register here, this site is only for purchasing 1 event at a time. You may register and get the multi-event discount at Trillium 2023 DE Packages.
Trillium Chapter's second Advanced Driving School of 2023 will be at Canadian Tire Motorsport Park on June 23-25.
- Sat/Sun: $851 CAD
- Early-bird prices:
- $712 CAD more than 6 weeks in advance
- $782 CAD more than 3 weeks in advance
- Fri (pre-approved Solo only): $504 CAD
- Early-bird prices:
- $426 CAD more than 6 weeks in advance
- $468 CAD more than 3 weeks in advance
Each year CTMP increases their fees. Trillium also increases the fees to its members by the same percentage. All prices include HST.
If you are a novice and have never been on a track before, enter discount code FIRSTTIMER2023 to get our $75 Novice First Timer discount (limit one person)
Friday lapping is only available to pre-approved Solo, Instructors and A-group students with extensive previous experience at CTMP, and have been previously signed-off at CTMP. If you are an A student and wish to attend on Friday, please confirm eligibility by sending an email to email@example.com to get approval before registering. A-group students are also required to be registered for the Saturday/Sunday DE (either through this page or through the DE Packages) and will be assigned an instructor for Saturday/Sunday.
Since COVID has not gone away, in-car instruction will only be available to students and instructors who are both fully vaccinated and willing to upload proof of vaccination status. Anyone who is not fully vaccinated, or does not want to divulge their status, will not be eligible for in-car and will be required to use the lead-follow format instead. These steps are optional for people in the pre-approved Solo group. After registering for the event, please go to http://msreg.com/TrilliumInCarInstruction and indicate your preference regarding in-car instruction. If you provided your vaccination certificate last year then there is no need to do it again.
- To attend this event, you must be a regular or associate member of BMW CCA, with dues paid up, or a current member BMW Clubs Canada.
- You must be 18 years of age or older and have a full driver's license (not a provisional or learners permit), which is not suspended or revoked.
- If your track driving record does not appear in Driving Evals, you will need to send a detailed resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. Your resume must detail:
- Your current driver proficiency level (novice, intermediate, advanced, Solo, and SLIP Level if you have one)
- The make, model, year, and modifications to your car
- Driving/racing organizations and tracks you have experience with
- The total number of track days you have run over how many years
- The type of events (driving schools, club days, open lapping, race schools, time trials, etc.) that you have run.
- If you have been signed off to drive solo, but are not pre-approved A-Solo, Group S, etc., how long ago and approximately how many track days you have been signed off to solo
- The name and email address for two references (e.g., HPDE Chief Instructor, driving instructor/coach or licensed racer)
In addition, please note the following requirements, prerequisites and conditions:
- You must bring an approved and signed pre-event Technical Inspection Form. Your car must be inspected by a licensed mechanic according to all of the criteria on the club's technical inspection form. At the time of your inspection you must ensure your mechanic completes and signs the form. This inspection should be completed no earlier than 4 weeks before the driving school. A separate technical inspection is required for each and every driving school you attend. You must present the completed and signed form on the morning of the first day of the driving school. Without a completed and signed form, you will not be allowed out on the track.
- You must bring an approved and signed BMW CCA waiver
- PLEASE NOTE: CARS EQUIPPED WITH COLLISION AVOIDANCE BRAKING SYSTEMS AND/OR LANE DEPARTURE CORRECTIVE SYSTEMS: These systems must be turned off prior to entering the track for each track session. All other safety systems must be left on.
- Open-top cars: Convertibles, T-tops or Targa tops are allowed only if they have roll-over protection AND pass the "broomstick" test. Such convertibles must have arm restraints or window nets. If a convertible has a hard top, the top must be mounted. If you are not sure, please ask by emailing email@example.com
- BMW SAV’s are allowed only in the novice group.
- Vehicles not permitted include: Open-wheeled cars, trucks (including light trucks, i.e. pickups), vans (including minivans), non-BMW SUV/SAV’s, cross-overs, military vehicles, delivery vehicles, three-wheeled vehicles, motorcycles, etc. Basically, anything that isn't a coupe, gran coupe (i.e. sedan without a b-pillar), sedan, station/sport wagon, hatchback, or compact is prohibited.
*Please note Trillium Chapter reserves the right to restrict any vehicle from participation if we believe there is an unacceptable safety risk to either the driver and/or other participants.
- Hybrid / Electric vehicles: If it's a car, you may bring it but please note that we cannot guarantee the availability of a charging station. Please contact the track directly.
- Helmets required: Helmets must meet the Snell SA2015 or SA2020 standard. A very limited number of loaner helmets are available at the track. Motorcycle helmets are not allowed. Please note an 'M' helmet does not mean Motorsport. It means Motorcycle.
- Occupant safety: The driver and passenger seats and seat belts must be functionally equivalent. This means if your driver seat has a 5-point harness, your passenger seat must also have a 5-point harness.
- Apparel: Long pants and sleeved tops are mandatory on track, no tank tops, no open shoes. Synthetics are strongly discouraged (cotton or silk highly recommended).
- Passengers: Student drivers are NOT permitted to carry any passengers while on track, or during skid pad/autoslalom exercises, except for Trillium approved instructors. Instructors are the only drivers permitted to carry passengers in their cars, such as school students or guests.
- Refunds: Fees are fully refundable up to 15 days prior to the event. Please note the club is not responsible for currency fluctuations. There are no refunds for cancellations at 14 days or less.
- Driver substitutions: Not allowed.