About this event
Trillium Chapter BMW CCA and Allegheny Chapter BMW CCA are excited to bring you our High-Performance Driver Education (HPDE) event at Pittsburgh International Race Complex. Tuesday and Wednesday will consist of on-track and classroom sessions for all levels of drivers, novice through advanced, as well as pre-approved solo. Monday lapping is only available to experienced A students (that is, 3 or more events in the A group at a Trillium or other BMW club school), pre-approved Solo and Instructors. If you are unsure of whether you qualify to attend on Monday, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
A BMW CCA Club Racing Time Trials event will also be held at the same time. If you wish to register for the time trials, go to the registration page at http://msreg.com/TrilliumAllegheny-TT-PIRC-2020.
There will be a welcome reception (finger foods) on Monday evening and a banquet or tailgate BBQ on Tuesday evening at the track, and is included in the cost of registration. Additional guests may attend for an additional fee.
Please note that BMW SAV’s (e.g. X3, X5) are allowed in the novice group only.
Convertibles with roll-over protection and which which pass the "broom stick" test are allowed. Such convertibles must have arm restraints or nets. If a convertible has a hard top, the top must be up. If you are not sure, please ask by emailing email@example.com
- Tue/Wed: $520 USD before August 1; $570 USD after
- Mon/Tue/Wed (pre-approved Solo and experienced A students only): $670 USD before August 1; $720 USD after
- Instructors: $100 USD
Garages are available. To reserve, please call PIRC at 724-535-1000 and ask for Brenda.
To attend this event you must be a member of BMW CCA, with dues paid up, or a current member BMW Clubs Canada. You must also be 18 years of age or older and have a full driver's license (not a provisional or learners permit), which is not suspended or revoked.
If your track driving record does not appear in Driving Evals, you will need to send a detailed track driving resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. Your resume must detail:
- Your current driver proficiency level (novice, intermediate, advanced)
- The make, model, year, and modifications to your car
- Driving/racing organizations and tracks you have experience with
- The total number of track days you have run over how many years
- The type of events (driving schools, club days, open lapping, race schools, time trials, etc.) that you have run
- If you have been signed off to drive solo, how long ago and how many track days you have driven solo
- The name and email address for two references (HPDE Chief Instructor, driving instructor/coach or licensed racer)
In addition, please see the following requirements.
Pre-requisites and Conditions
- You must bring an approved and signed Technical Inspection Form
- You must bring an approved and signed BMW Trillium waiver
- PLEASE NOTE: CARS EQUIPPED WITH COLLISION AVOIDANCE BRAKING SYSTEMS AND/OR LANE DEPARTURE CORRECTIVE SYSTEMS: Only BMW cars equipped with these systems will be allowed to participate at Trillium track events, and drivers of these BMW cars will be given special instructions. ALL OTHER BRANDS OF CARS WITH THESE SYSTEMS INSTALLED ARE NOT ALLOWED AT TRILLIUM TRACK EVENTS.
- Open-top cars (convertibles, T-tops or Targa tops) are allowed only if they have roll-over protection AND pass the "broomstick" test.
- BMW SAV’s are allowed only in the novice group.
- Vehicles that may not/not participate include: Open-wheeled cars, trucks (including light trucks), vans (including minivans), non-BMW SUV/SAV’s, cross-overs, military vehicles, delivery vehicles, three-wheeled vehicles, motorcylces, etc. Basically anything that isn't a coupe, gran coupe (i.e. sedan without a b-pillar), sedan, station wagon, hatch back, or compact. Please note Trillium and Allegheny reserve the right to restrict any vehicle from participation if we believe there is an unacceptable safety risk to either the driver and/or other participants.
- Hybrid / Electric vehicles: If it's a car, you may bring it but please note that we cannot guarantee the availability of a charging station. Please contact the track directly.
- Helmets must meet the Snell SA2010 standard, or later. A very limited number of loaner helmets are available at the track. Motorcycle helmets are not allowed. Please note an 'M' helmet does not mean Motorsport. It means Motorcycle.
- The driver and passenger seat belts must be equal. This means if your driver seat has a 5-point harness, your passenger seat must also have a 5-point harness.
- Long pants are mandatory, no tank tops, no open shoes, no synthetics (cotton, or silk only).
- Refunds: Fees are refundable up to 15 days prior to the event. Please note the club is not responsible for currency fluctuations. There are no refunds for cancellations at 14 days or less.
- Driver substitutions are not allowed
- Student drivers are NOT permitted to carry any passengers while on track, or during skid pad/autoslalom exercises, except for Trillium/Allegheny approved instructors. Instructors are the only drivers permitted to carry passengers in their cars, such as the school students, or guests.
Your car must be inspected by a competent mechanic (USA only) or a licensed mechanic (Canada only) according to all of the criteria on the club's technical inspection form. At the time of your inspection you must ensure your mechanic completes and signs the form. This inspection should be completed no earlier than 4 weeks before the driving school. A separate technical inspection is required for each and every driving school you attend. You must present the completed and signed form on the morning of the first day of the driving school. Without a completed and signed form, you will not be allowed out on the track.