About this event
*Please note: This drive is open to current BMW CCA members ONLY & will have a limit of 45 cars.
This year, the Tour de Fred is doing it for the kids, and the BMW CCA Oregon/SW WA Chapter would like our members to join in on the fun!
The 2022 drive will still offer the breathtaking views of the Columbia River Gorge and Mount Adams that you’ve come to expect from the Tour de Fred. But this year, the event will also help bring smiles to the faces of pediatric patients via a 50/50 Poker Run to benefit our partnership with Boyd Motor Works for their Annual Toy Drive for Randall Children’s Hospital. Each Driver will pay a $30 fee to participate in the "Poker Run".
While not a race, the Poker Run will be a whole lot of fun, and the best hand wins. At five checkpoints along the route, drivers will be given one playing card, and the driver with the best poker hand at the end of the drive will go home with 50 percent of the “pot” and the other 50 percent will go toward the annual holiday toy drive. Even the car that arrives last could still have the best poker hand. And the more drivers who participate, the more toys for kids undergoing medical treatment at Randall Childrens’ Hospital.
Along the way, we’ll see gorgeous views of the Gorge from Cape Horn, and drive past Beacon Rock and Bonneville Locks and Dam before turning inland along the Klickitat River toward mountain meadows and Mount Adams, then turning back toward the Gorge.
Passengers: bring your ante!! Passengers can buy a hand too! $30 cash gets one passenger hand per car at the Drive.
Cash donations for the annual toy drive will also be accepted at the Drive.
*Please Note: This Drive is for current BMW CCA members and their passengers only, who pre-register and pay online for the Drive.*
We will have a *mandatory* Drivers Meeting promptly at 8:30 AM on May 21st to explain the route and safety rules. We will head out in staggered groups shortly thereafter.
- All *Drivers* MUST be pre-registered online (by May 20th) and be a current BMW CCA member. No "Day Of" registration is allowed, and no "guest" drivers are allowed.
- You do not need a separate registration for any passengers in your vehicle BUT all drivers AND passengers need to sign the online waiver prior to the event. (see #5)
- Registration is limited to 45 cars.
- The Drive cost is $30 per registered Driver.
- ALL DRIVERS AND PASSENGERS MUST SIGN THE WAIVER PRIOR TO THE EVENT. WHICH IS SEPARATE FROM THIS REGISTRATION FORM FOR THE EVENT. THERE IS A LINK TO IT AFTER YOU FINISH REGISTERING FOR THE DRIVE.
- Drivers and passengers should stay with their cars until check-in is complete.
- Drivers meeting held promptly at 8:30 AM is *mandatory*.
- Bring two dollars cash ($2.00) for the Hood River Toll Bridge.
- You do not need a separate registration for any passengers in your vehicle BUT all drivers AND passengers need to sign the separate online waiver prior to the event. (see #2)
- ALL DRIVERS AND PASSENGERS MUST SIGN THE ELECTRONIC WAIVER PRIOR TO THE EVENT. WHICH IS SEPARATE FROM THE REGISTRATION FOR THE EVENT. THERE IS A LINK TO IT AFTER YOU COMPLETE THIS REGISTRATION, AS WELL AS IN YOUR CONFIRMATION EMAIL. If you do NOT get a confirmation email, you are NOT registered for the Drive.
How the Electronic SpeedWaiver works
It all happens on the participants’ personal cell phones. No physical contact is required.
Request an electronic waiver via text message, using the Electronic SpeedWaiver link.
Sign the waiver using your own smartphone. No sharing is required.
Show your digital credential at the event.