About this event
- This event is open to ALL brands of cars.
- $290 for GGLC members and $310 for non-members. You can join the club for $25 when you sign up and take the $20 discount immediately.
- Cancellations with full refund are allowed before May 7.
- $100 discount if you are a first-time track driver or first time tracking with the GGLC
- All brands of cars are welcome.
- We will have experiened drivers available to coach Beginners and Novices.
- Each group is scheduled for five 25 minute sessions and one thirty minute session. The 30 minute session will be the last one of the day and open to all cars with restricted passing rules.
- We have a few spots open for beginners who have never driven on a racetrack before. We will pair you with a personal coach for the entire day.
- Novice/Intermediate Group will allow passing without a pointby on most of the straights and passes in turns only allowed with a pointby..
- Intermediate/Advanced group is open passing. Open passing is NOT a race. Cars being passed are rerquired to make it happen easily and safely.
- Open wheel cars are allowed in the Advanced Group only.
The Golden Gate Lotus Club has been running open track events for over 20 years. We are a non-profit group and our goal is to provide low-hassle open track days with responsible drivers and maximum track time.
All brands of cars are welcome at our events. Typical events are about 15% Lotus and 85% other cars. Lemons-type race cars are allowed if they are in excellent mechanical condition (Lemons type cars will receive a special safety inspection at the track). Open top cars must have a roll bar with rear braces or factory installed roll-over protection (pop-up bars or similar). Roll bars in open cars must pass the broomstick test (top of drivers helmet must not be above the top off the roll bar and windscreen. Open wheel race cars are allowed in the Advanced Group only.
This is for drivers with zero track days experience. We will assign a coach to you and he will ride with you during each session until you are deemed safe to solo. There will be a maximum of 5 beginners allowed and you will be on track with the Novice group
Reistricted passing - Group Novice/Intermediate drivers
You must have a minimum of 1 track day or equivalent previous experience. Passing without a point-by will be allowed on the long straights only. Passing in turns will be allowed with a point-by.
Open passing Group - High Intermediate/Advanced drivers
You must have a minimum of 15 track days experience or equivalent . This is an open passing group and pointbys are not required but always encouraged. Drivers being passed are required to make it easy for the passing car.
This event will run rain or shine.
You are solely responsible for the safety of your car. We may choose to inspect cars for safety at any time for any reason. Damaged body work, missing or primered paint, and other issues will warrant us to make a special inspection. Lemon's type cars are welcome but will receive a special safety inspection at the track. Any size water, brake fluid, or fuel leaks will disqualify you.
You are responsible for any damage you cause to the track or facilities. Any extra charges from the track for cleanup, fire, damage, etc may be charged back to you and we will decide this on a case-by-case basis.
All cars must have numbers on both sides of the cars for Identification. Pick any number. Digits must be 6” tall minimum.
Helmets must be rated SA2015 or later. Motorcycle helmets are not allowed. Eye protection required for open cars. Head and neck restraint systems (HANS) are STRONGLY recommended for all drivers and passengers. If you are using a 4, 5, or 6 point harness then a head and neck restraint system is required. If you are not wearing a HANS you are much more likely to break your neck with a 4-point harness compared to a 3-point belt seat belt. Watch this short video if you don't believe me. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g40YatgE_CE