THSCC Rallycross @ Wilson, Points Event #2 & 3Wilson County Fairgrounds
About this event
This is a two day event. Club competition points are for either or both days (two separate events)
Please join Tarheel Sports Car Club at one of our favorite sites, the Wilson County Fairgrounds, for an April Fools Day treat!
The Wilson County Fairgrounds offers an excellent gravel/dirt surface that is the most mechanically sympathetic. THSCC Rallycross has a long history of spectacular events at Wilson and we are hoping to add to that storied history as season points battles start shaping up!
There is a restaurant across the street from the site - picnicing is also a possibility!
The site is easy to find via Google Maps - it's right along US 301 - proceed to the gate at the large grassy lot.
- Members: $50
- Second day has a $10 discount
- We do not plan to be handling cash at the site, so please pre-register and pay through MSR
We encourage you to prepay online through the secure MotorsportReg website. Payment is deferred and accounts will not be charged until day of event, so if you register and find out that you can't make it please cancel your registration prior to registration closing so we may open your slot for someone else.
Your car should be technically inspected BEFORE the drivers meeting. To pass tech, you must:
- Clean out any loose items in the car, this includes cell phones cables, garage door openers, loose change and such.
- The battery has to be properly secured.
- If your floor mats are not physically attached to carpet, they will have to be removed. We don’t want the floor mat to bunch up under the brake or gas pedals.
- Hubcaps and center caps on wheels should be removed. If your hubcaps mount to the wheel and are held in place by the lug nuts, then they can stay on, otherwise they should be removed.
- Have a SNELL approved helmet, 2010 or newer (M-rated or SA-rated). We do not accept DOT-only approved helmets. NO LOANER HELMETS MAY NOT BE AVAILABLE DUE TO COVID RESTRICTIONS.
It is your responsibility to:
- Check basic fluids such as oil, coolant, and brake.
- Make sure you torque the lug nuts to manufacturer's recommended tightness.
- Make sure you have no active leaks on the motor, transmission or diff. Oil on the track is a bad thing.
- Check tire pressure. If you don’t know what to set it to, ask ASAP.
- Your tires MUST be serviceable, meaning they have appropriate tread, no chords showing, etc.