About this event
THSCC's eighth rallycross of the 2016 season is at Virginia International Raceway’s exciting off-road course adjacent the kart track on Saturday, September 10th. The rallycross course itself is a combination of loose gravel and mowed/trimmed field area. It’s a relatively smooth, flat surface with taller grass on each side to define the route of the course as opposed to a sea of cones. The circuit is lengthy, fast, and above all, a LOT of fun!
Directions to VIR can be found HERE - once you arrive at the facility, follow the signs to the Kart track to make your way to the rallycross course.
We hope to see you there!
- Members: $50
- Non-Members: $55
- At event: $60. Cash. Correct change appreciated
We encourage you to prepay online through the secure MotorsportReg website. Payment is deferred and accounts will not be charged until registration closes, so if you register and find out that you can't make it please cancel your registration prior to registration closing and you will not get charged. If you prefer to register at the event, you will be charged the increased day-of registration fee.
If you would like to redeem an event voucher (i.e. Season Passes or Event Passes) please register normally online and then email the registrar email@example.com and your registration will be modified accordingly.
|Gates Open||6:30 AM|
|Tech Inspection||7:00 - 8:30 AM|
|Registration Check-In||8:00 - 8:30 AM|
|Drivers' Meeting||8:30 AM|
|First Car Off||9:00 AM|
Your car should be technically inspected BEFORE the drivers meeting. To pass tech, you must:
- Clean out any loose items in the car, this includes cell phones cables, garage door openers, loose change and such.
- The battery has to be properly secured.
- If your floor mats are not physically attached to carpet, they will have to be removed. We don’t want the floor mat to bunch up under the brake or gas pedals.
- Hubcaps and center caps on wheels should be removed. If your hubcaps mount to the wheel and are held in place by the lug nuts, then they can stay on, otherwise they should be removed.
- Have a SNELL approved helmet, 2005 or newer (M-rated or SA-rated). We do not accept DOT-only approved helmets. A limited number of loaner helmets are available.
It is your responsibility to:
- Check basic fluids such as oil, coolant, and brake.
- Make sure you torque the lug nuts to manufacturer's recommended tightness.
- Make sure you have no active leaks on the motor, transmission or diff. Oil on the track is a bad thing.
- Check tire pressure. If you don’t know what to set it to, ask ASAP.
- Your tires MUST be serviceable, meaning they have appropriate tread, no chords showing, etc.