About this event
PCA - Inland Northwest Region
Saturday, June 12, 10 AM to 4 PM.
Please join us for the Thompson Pass Drive on Saturday June 12, 2021. We will meet at The Snake Pit, 1480 Coeur d'Alene River Rd, Kingston, Idaho, 83839 at 9:30 AM for an on time tour departure at 10 AM. To get there, take I-90 to Idaho exit 43. Take exit 43 and turn left onto Coeur d'Alene River Road. The Snake Pit is about a mile down Coeur d'Alene River Road on the right. It will take about 1 hour and 5 minutes (with no stops) on I-90 from Spokane, Washington to arrive at the meeting point. Please allow enough time to arrive at the meeting point. There is no prearranged route or tour to arrive at the meeting point. Note that the Snake Pit is open at 8 AM for breakfast so you could have a morning meal before the tour (and maybe use their rest room). Breakfast is not included as part of the drive. The next outhouse is on the top of the pass.
The group will depart the Snake Pit at 10:00 AM. After the drive there are several options to participants at the top of the pass including:
- Hike one of the many hiking trails in this area; stop for a picnic lunch and enjoy the view. The Blossom Lakes Trail is especially worth checking out. You will see crystal clear lakes, epic scenery, and the natural beauty nature provides.
- Continue your drive for another 40 minutes down the Montana side to the town of Thompson Falls where you can stop for lunch. The town’s businesses are open.
- Or, return back to I-90 and stop to visit the historical Cataldo Mission, one of the oldest standing buildings in Idaho..
There are no scheduled formal activities either before or after the drive.
Register and sign waivers on Motorsportreg.com. Come with a full tank of gas, water and any other provisions you might need for the tour. Packing a lunch is highly recommended if you are not going to Thompson Falls.
Point of Contact for this drive: Bill Massy, 509-995-7228
Compliance with PCA COVID Member Safety Guidelines is required.
- Cancellations must be made before June 6 on MotorsportReg.com. No refunds will be given after that date.
- Age Restriction: All drivers must be 18 years of age or older.
- Compliance with PCA COVID Member Safety Guidelines is required. All adults in the vehicle must complete the PCA Communicable Disease Waiver and the PCA Release and Waiver of Liability. Minors in the vehicle require a parent to complete the PCA WAIVER AND RELEASE OF LIABILITY AND INDEMNITY AGREEMENT FOR MINORS IN RESTRICTED AREAS, DRIVING OR RIDING. Until PCA changes the requirements, it doesn't matter if you have received a COVID-19 vaccine or not.