About this event
The 2022 TAC Test and Tune
UPDATE: DATE CHANGED FROM SUNDAY, FEB 13 TO SATURDAY, FEB 12.
- This test and tune will feature: 1) a short practice autocross course, 2) stand-alone skidpad, and 3) stand-alone timed slalom*.
- This event should average 20-30 runs per driver (essentially unlimited).
- Registration will be limited to 35 entrants -- first come first serve.
- This event is not appropriate for new drivers. Must have 10+ autocross events worth of experience.
- Builder Priority Lane (contact Charles Krampert if interested).
- Not a spectator event. Any guest should be accompanied.
- Gates will be closed during the event. You'll be able to let yourself in and out.
- All drivers (including early workers) are required to work.
- There will be 6-7 hours of run time divided into 5 sessions, everyone will work only 1 session, the rest of the time can be used to run, work on your car, eat, etc.
- Workers will "hot swap", meaning we will not stop the event to switch workers and cars will run continuously. *Subject to change*
6:30 AM | Setup
7:45 AM | Tech / Check-in Opens
8:15 AM | Course Open for Walking
8:15 AM | Tech / Check-in Closes
9:15 AM | Mandatory Driver's Meeting
9:30 AM | Sessions begin
4:00 PM | Cleanup
5:30 PM | Must be off site
$50 Member (TAC or TVR) ***Membership will be verified***
Cards will be charged the day registration closes.
If the event is full, you may continue registration anyway and you will be added to the waitlist. If there are cancelations, you will be notified via email if there are openings.
Registration will close the Thursday prior to the event at midnight
Cancel before registration closes - full refund
Cancel after registration closes - refund, minus $10 cancellation fee
*Timed slalom if new timing system arrives in time.
- Bring a valid drivers license with you to the event.
- Autocrossers under the age of 18 will be required to have a parent or legal guardian sign a minor's competition waiver.
- Helmets are required, but we have loaners available.
TAC/TVR has a strict sound policy, due to our residential location and agreement with the Milton Frank Stadium owners. Your car must not be louder than 96 dB without exception. Sound will be monitored approximately 50 feet from the course. The type of exhaust (stock vs aftermarket) is not restricted, but it must not exceed 96 dB. If your car exceeds 96 dB on a run, you will be notified, the run will be scored as a DNF, and not allowed to run again. If you show that a modification has been made to reduce noise (driving at half throttle does not count), then you will be allowed to run again. If your car exceeds the limit a second time, you will not be allowed to run for the rest of the day. We want EVERYONE to have a great day autocrossing, please make this easy by fixing your car before the event!