About this event
- You're invited to participate in TAC's Advanced Autocross School. This school is geared toward autocrossers with moderate experience level. The school will start on Friday evening with an in-depth classroom session, led by multi-national SCCA champion, Steve Brolliar. Saturday will consist of a considerable amount of seat time with focus on mastering standard individual features (drills, not simply course runs). A timed autocross course will also be set up where you will learn to combine features and put it all together. You'll learn how to find the best line, and how to properly execute this line. The day will be devoted to improving your skill set.
- October 13-14, 2023
- 21 student initial entry cap, 24 maximum.
- Cancel before registration closes – full refund.
- Cancel after registration closes – $10 cancellation fee.
- Registration schedule & requirements:
- 9/20 at 3:00 PM - Registration opens to TAC or TVR members who have participated in at least 12 autocrosses and have never completed TAC's Advanced Autocross School in the past.
- 9/22 at 3:00 PM - Registration opens to anyone (some autocross experience is required).
- 10/10 at 11:59 PM - Registration closes.
- Note: everyone who registers will be initially placed on the waitlist. Once your experience has been verified, you'll get a second email showing your entry as "Confirmed".
- Online registration is required. No walkups.
Price includes Friday evening classroom session, all-day in-your-car instruction on Saturday, and Chick-Fil-A lunch on Saturday.
10/13 - Friday Schedule - Classroom Session
Location: Calvary Baptist Church - 126 Douglass Rd NW, Huntsville, AL 35806 (enter building from the most north entrance)
5:30 PM | Student Check-in
6:00 PM | Classroom Session Starts
8:00 PM | Classroom Session Ends
10/14 - Saturday Schedule - Autocross School
Location: Milton Frank Stadium - 2801 15th Ave SW, Huntsville, AL 35805
6:30 AM | Setup Begins (Early setup crew arrives)
7:30 - 8:00 AM | Check-in & Tech (Recommended student arrival time. Students must check-in at the trailer just like a normal autocross)
8:15 AM | Casual Course Walk (Not instructor led)
8:45 AM | Drivers Meeting (Students, Instructors, and Corner Workers must attend)
9:30 AM | School Starts
5:00 PM | School Ends
5:30 PM | Must be off site
- This autocross school is Friday and Saturday only.
- We are also hosting a stand-alone autocross on Sunday, October 15th. You must register for that separately.
- We have a strict sound policy, due to our residential location and agreement with the Milton Frank Stadium owners. Your car must not be louder than 96 dB without exception. Sound will be monitored approximately 50 feet from the course. The type of exhaust (stock vs aftermarket) is not restricted, but it must not exceed 96 dB. If your car exceeds 96 dB on a run, you will be notified, the run will be scored as a DNF, and not allowed to run again. If you show that a modification has been made to reduce noise (driving at half throttle does not count), then you will be allowed to run again. If your car exceeds the limit a second time, you will not be allowed to run for the rest of the day. We want EVERYONE to have a great day autocrossing, please make this easy by fixing your car before the event!
- Helmet requirements per SCCA Solo Rules Section 4.3.1. Snell 2005 and older helmets are no longer acceptable.
- Here is a cheat sheet showing what helmets are acceptable:
- We have a limited number of loaner helmets available on site for free. We require head socks to be worn -- these can be purchased at registration for $1 and they are yours to keep. Please return your loaner helmet to the trailer when not in use.