About this event
NOTE: Sweetheart Ride postponed one more week to Sunday February 28, 2021 due to effects of weather.
Join us at Buc-ee’s (near Texas Motor Speedway) for the first rally of our new season. After about a 90 mile drive on some of the scenic hard surfaced country roads in Denton and Wise Counties, you and your sweetheart (or rally partner) will end up back at Buc-ee’s. As usual, Jerry White will be the rallymaster for this event.
This rally is about solving puzzles (many related to sweethearts) using signs and objects found along the rally route. One penalty point will be assessed for each correct solution you don’t mark as being found and one penalty point will be assessed for each incorrect solution you mark as being a found correct one. Low score wins. Puzzles can have from zero (0) to four (4) correct solutions. There will never be more than one puzzle active at a time. This is not a contest of speed or racing. The rally will make use of the Richta GPS smart phone app to help navigate the course and a Google Forms template for entering puzzle solutions in real time on a smart phone, tablet or laptop. We will send you information on these tools after you pre-register, and conduct a brief Rally School via Zoom ahead of the event to help prepare for the rally. For details on the Rally School and to pre-register, got to msreg.com/SRRR21RSmsr.
In light of the current COVID-19 situation, every attempt will be made to minimize the risks of exposure to the virus. New processes and procedures have been developed and will be put into place to support this objective. You should not have to get out of your car. All of the registration materials and rally materials needed for the event will be available online or sent to you via email, and can be completed there or, if applicable, you can print them and bring them with you. In some cases (e.g., Minor Waivers that have not been notarized) we will witness you signing the completed form.
Ultimately, it is your responsibility to assess the risk to you and to make the decision on whether or not to participate. If you are feeling unwell or are experiencing symptoms such as fever, cough, or shortness of breath, please stay home. If you have been in contact with someone who has been experiencing these symptoms in the last two weeks, please stay home. While on site, please take the health and safety of your fellow participants, volunteers and staff into consideration and practice social distancing, wear a mask, and wash your hands and/or use hand sanitizer frequently.
If you are diagnosed with COVID-19 within two (2) weeks of attending an SCCA event, we ask that you notify the event Registrar immediately.
- Awards: First Timers, Novices (every person in the vehicle has won 2 or less rally trophies), and General Class.
- Optional Master Class for those who want bragging rights but don't want any more trophies.
- Start and finish at: Buc-ee’s parking lot, 15901 N Frwy, Fort Worth, TX 76177
- Registration/Check-In: 11:00 am – noon.
- General Instructions Review: conducted during Rally School via Zoom session ahead of event – details and pre-resgistration at msreg.com/SRRR21RSmsr.
- Mandatory Safety Briefing: 12:10pm
- Car 1 receives their Leg 1 Route Book: 12:21 pm (Car 2, 12:22pm, etc.)
- There will be a rest break in Decatur.
- First car should finish at Buc’ee’s parking lot around 5:00 pm; results to be announced and trophies awarded around 6:00pm
- Automated scoring using Google Forms on a smart phone, tablet or laptop.
- Vehicles: Sports cars, family sedans, pickup trucks, SUV's and anything else with 4 wheels that's street legal (bring something that you will be comfortable in and will have fun driving on back roads and byways, many of which are oil & chip). Speed is not a factor.
- At least two people (a driver and a navigator) are required in each car; contact email@example.com if you have a minor child (<18) in the car, as a form will need to be signed.
- SCCA membership requirements: at least one SCCA Member required in each car, either regular/annual Member or Weekend Member; if not currently a Member, you will be able to become a Weekend Member during online pre-registration
- Rally entry fee: regular SCCA Members $25; Weekend Members $35 (includes membership fee). You must preregister on MotorsportReg.com.
- About two weeks before the rally the General Instructions will be posted on https://roadrally.page. About a week before the event the General Instructions will be emailed to those who preregister by then.
- Contact the rallymaster at firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any questions.
Come on out and discover what game/trivia/adventure (GTA) rallying is all about!
All entrants must pre-register – no same-day registration allowed – and you are advised to pre-register as early as possible. Notice too that registration closes two days before the rally, rather than the evening before the event. To pre-register, page down and click on “Continue”. The Rally Committee reserves the right to limit entries.
This is the first event in the 2021 Texas Region SCCA Championship RoadRally Series. The rally is sanctioned as a Regional Rally by the SCCA under Sanction Number 21-RRRG-20751; it does not qualify for the National SCCA RoadRally Championship.
Texas Region SCCA (www.texasscca.org) is affiliated with the Sports Car Club of America (www.scca.org). With over 67,000 members, and with Regions all over the US, the club offers car related activities in a broad range of automotive events.
There must be at least 2 people old enough to read in every rally car. The driver must have a valid driver's license and proof of insurance. The car must be in good mechanical condition. If any one of the rally car occupants is a minor (under 18 years old), that person must have an SCCA "Minor Release" signed by a parent in the presence of either the rally registrar or a Notary Public. The form is available from email@example.com, or at registration.
For purposes of liability insurance protection, SCCA has (re)instituted membership requirements for RoadRally participants. There must be at least one SCCA Member in every rally car, either a regular/annual Member or a Weekend Member. If not currently a Member, you will be registered as a Weekend Member during online pre-registration. The following scenarios apply:
(1) If both Driver and Navigator are already regular Members, either one can complete this registration for the team and receive the Member rate for the for the team/car.
(2) If only one of the team is a regular Member, then that Member should complete this registration, so as to receive the Member entry fee rate for the team/car. The other person(s) will be designated as Trial Members (no action required on their part).
(3) If neither Driver nor Navigator are regular Members, you have the option of first signing up for a regular Membership (www.scca.org). and then returning to this registration process, now under one of the previous two scenarios. Otherwise, if you proceed, the registration system will assign the person registering as a Weekend Member, which entitles them to certain benefits (see below). The other person(s) in the car will be designated as Trial Members (no action required on their part). If there is a preference for who becomes a Weekend Member, then that person should complete this registration. The other occupants if the car will be registered as Trial Members (no action required on their part). Under this scenario, you qualify for the Non-Member/Weekend Member entry fee rate, which includes the cost for the one Weekend Membership.
Note for Members completing the Registration: MSReg verifies your membership against the SCCA database. Your Member number, first name and last name must all match exactly with the SCCA data. The verification uses the name in your MSReg account profile, so please make sure that your name matches the one in your SCCA profile exactly to avoid verification failures (e.g., Steve vs Stephen will cause a mismatch error). If different, we recommend that you update your MSReg account name to match the SCCA data.
Term: 5 days (consecutive) from day of initial event
Entitled to full participation privileges in SCCA events excluding SCCA Pro Racing events
Entitled to apply a $15 coupon towards any SCCA Annual Membership within 60 days of issuance
Weekend Member will receive email with details and membership upgrade coupon a day or two after the Rally