About this event
The Texas Region of the Sports Car Club of America (SCCA) invites you to join us at Fat Daddy’s Sports & Spirits Café (781 Debbie Lane, Mansfield, TX) for Jerry White's annual Valentine's Day themed road rally. It will be about a 90-mile drive on some of the scenic hard surfaced country roads in Johnson and Ellis Counties. All are welcome and no prior rally experience is necessary.
The challenge is to see how many correct puzzle solutions (many with a sweetheart theme) you can find based on signs and objects along the rally route. Puzzles can have from zero (0) to four (4) correct solutions. One (1) penalty point is awarded for each findable puzzle solution you miss marking as found and one (1) is awarded for each solution you mark as found when it didn't exist or in some way was not a correct solution. Low score wins. There will never be more than one puzzle active at a time. Think of it as a visual scavenger hunt.
Google Forms will be used to display the route instructions and puzzles and to collect and score you and your sweetheart's/navigator's solutions. To use a Google Form you will need a browser on a smartphone, tablet or laptop computer that can connect to the Internet via Wi-Fi or cellular data. In addition, you will need a separate smartphone to run the Richta Competitor app. It will use GPS signals and a minor amount of cellular data to monitor your time and course and to tell you when to stop working on a puzzle and/or when to prepare to do the next route instruction. You should also participate in the February 11th Zoom Rally School (or watch the recording of it) and visit roadrally.page to help prepare for the rally.
- Awards: First Timers, Novices (every person in the vehicle has won 2 or less rally trophies), and General Class. Optional Master Class – no trophies awarded, only bragging rights.
- Start at: Fat Daddy’s Sports & Spirits Café, 781 Debbie Lane, Mansfield, TX.
- Finish at: Spring Creek Barbeque, 1724 U.S. 287 Frontage Rd, Mansfield, TX (approximately 0.75 miles east of Fat Daddy’s)
- Registration/Check-In: 11:15am – noon.
- Mandatory Safety Briefing: 12:10pm.
- Car 1 receives the code that will allow them to submit their Google Forms: 12:21pm (Car 2, 12:22pm, etc.).
- There will be at least one rest break at a gas station along the course.
- First car should finish at Spring Creek Barbeque around 4:30pm; results to be announced and trophies awarded around 5:30pm.
- Click "Submit" on completed Google Forms for instant feedback on what you missed.
- Vehicles: Sports cars, family sedans, pickup trucks, SUV's and anything else with 4 wheels that's street legal (bring something that you will be comfortable in and will have fun driving on back roads and byways, many of which are oil & chip). Speed is not a factor.
- At least two people (a driver and a navigator) are required in each car; contact email@example.com if you have a minor child (<18) in the car, as a form will need to be signed.
- SCCA membership requirements: at least one SCCA Member required in each car, either regular/annual Member or Weekend Member; if not currently a Member, you will be able to become a Weekend Member during online pre-registration
- Rally entry fee: regular SCCA Members $28; Weekend Members $40 (includes membership fee). You must preregister on MotorsportReg.com.
- About two weeks before the rally the General Instructions will be posted on roadrally. page. About a week before the event the General Instructions will be emailed to those who preregister by then.
- Contact the rallymaster at firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any questions.
Come on out and discover what game/tour/adventure (GTA) rallying is all about!
All entrants must preregister – no same-day registration allowed – and you are advised to preregister as early as possible. Notice too that registration closes two days before the rally, rather than the evening before the event. To pre-register, page down and click on “Continue”. The Rally Committee reserves the right to limit entries.
This is the first event in the 2023 Texas Region SCCA RoadRally Series. The rally is sanctioned as a Regional Rally by the SCCA under Sanction Number 23-RRRG-59876; it qualifies for Regional Championship points but does not qualify for the National SCCA RoadRally Championship.
Texas Region SCCA (www.texasscca.org) is affiliated with the Sports Car Club of America (www.scca.org). With over 65,000 members, and with Regions all over the US, the club offers car related activities in a broad range of automotive events.
For more information on the RoadRally Series, visit www.texasscca.org/rally
There must be at least 2 people old enough to read in every rally car. The driver must have a valid driver's license and proof of insurance. The car must be in good mechanical condition. If any one of the rally car occupants is a minor (under 18 years old), that person must have an SCCA "Minor Release" signed by a parent in the presence of either the rally registrar or a Notary Public. The form is available from email@example.com, or at registration. An online Annual Digital Waiver option is also available.
For purposes of liability insurance protection, SCCA has (re)instituted membership requirements for RoadRally participants. There must be at least one SCCA Member in every rally car, either a regular/annual Member or a Weekend Member. If not currently a Member, you will be registered as a Weekend Member during online pre-registration. The following scenarios apply:
(1) If both Driver and Navigator are already regular Members, either one can complete this registration for the team and receive the Member rate for the for the team/car.
(2) If only one of the team is a regular Member, then that Member should complete this registration, so as to receive the Member entry fee rate for the team/car. The other person(s) will be designated as Trial Members (no action required on their part).
(3) If neither Driver nor Navigator are regular Members, you have the option of first signing up for a regular Membership (www.scca.org). and then returning to this registration process, now under one of the previous two scenarios. Otherwise, if you proceed, the registration system will assign the person registering as a Weekend Member, which entitles them to certain benefits (see below). The other person(s) in the car will be designated as Trial Members (no action required on their part). If there is a preference for who becomes a Weekend Member, then that person should complete this registration. The other occupants if the car will be registered as Trial Members (no action required on their part). Under this scenario, you qualify for the Non-Member/Weekend Member entry fee rate, which includes the cost for the one Weekend Membership.
Note for Members completing the Registration: MSReg verifies your membership against the SCCA database. Your Member number, first name and last name must all match exactly with the SCCA data. The verification uses the name in your MSReg account profile, so please make sure that your name matches the one in your SCCA profile exactly to avoid verification failures (e.g., Steve vs Stephen will cause a mismatch error). If different, we recommend that you update your MSReg account name to match the SCCA data.
Term: 5 days (consecutive) from day of initial event
Entitled to full participation privileges in SCCA events excluding SCCA Pro Racing events
Entitled to apply a $15 coupon towards any SCCA Annual Membership within 60 days of issuance
Weekend Member will receive email with details and membership upgrade coupon a day or two after the Rally