About this event
Texas Region SCCA's 2018 Road Rally program begins with the
Hey guys and gals, the perfect time and place to take your sweetheart for a ride is coming up on the Sunday before Valentine's Day. Join us in Willow Park at the Railhead Smokehouse BBQ, 120 S. Ranch House Road (¼ mile south of I-20 exit 418) for the first rally of our new season. Please plan on enjoying the Railhead's tasty fare before and after the rally's fun, 80 mile drive on some of the scenic and historic hard surfaced country roads in eastern Parker County. As usual, Jerry White will be the rallymaster for this event.
In addition to the normal Texas Region wordplay puzzles there will also be some math, complete-the-phrase and count puzzles to solve based on signs found along the route. To keep it fun you'll never have more than one puzzle to solve at a time. Not only that but your Route Book will include up to four (4) possible answers for each puzzle so all you have to do is to circle the correct ones you find (if any). Also, two rest-stops/restarts at the Railhead Smokehouse will give you opportunities to see how you're doing.
In one or more places a travel speed may be prescribed. The rallymaster has used the distance times rate = time (D x R = T) formula to determine when you should pass any surprise timing points. Each full minute you are early or late will cost one penalty point so even if you just run by the "Seat of Your Pants" (and your speedometer) you should do well.
- Awards: First Timers, Novices (2 or less rally trophies won by each vehicle participant), and General Class.
- Optional Master Class for those who want bragging rights but don't want any more trophies.
- Starting Location and Finish Meeting Point: Railhead Smokehouse BBQ.
- Registration/Check-In: 12:00pm - 1:00pm.
- General Instructions Review: 12:15pm (Geared toward first timers and novices but all are welcome.)
- Mandatory Safety Briefing: 1:05pm.
- Car 1 receives their Route Book: 1:31pm (Car 2, 1:32pm, etc.)
- Cars should finish at the Railhead Smokehouse from approximately 5:00pm through 5:30pm.
- Vehicles: Sports cars, family sedans, pickup trucks, SUV's and anything else with 4 wheels that's street legal (bring something that you will be comfortable in and will have fun driving on back roads and byways).
- Rally Fee: $25.00 / SCCA Members: $20.00 / $5 late fee at check-in if not preregistered here on MotorsportReg.com. Preregister (to avoid the late fee and so we know how many Route Books to print) by clicking on "Continue" below.
- About two weeks before the rally a link you can download the General Instructions (event rules) from will be added near the bottom of the opening post of the of the 2018 SRRR topic mentioned in the bullet point below. Also, about a week before the event the General Instructions will be emailed to those who preregister by then.
- If you have any rally questions contact the rallymaster Jerry White at firstname.lastname@example.org or by posting in the "2018 Sweetheart Ride Road Rally" topic on the "Rally" part of the Texas Region Forum (http://texasscca.org/phpBB3/).
Come on out and discover what game/trivia/adventure (GTA) and time/speed/distance (TSD) rallying are all about!
This rally is sanctioned as a Divisional Rally by the SCCA, and is a part of the National SCCA RoadRally Championship. Sanction Number 2018-DG-41-01.
Texas Region SCCA (www.texasscca.org) is affiliated with the Sports Car Club of America (www.scca.org). With over 67,000 members, and with Regions all over the US, the club offers car related activities in a broad range of automotive events.
This is the first event in the 2018 Texas Region SCCA Championship RoadRally Series.
There must be at least 2 people old enough to read in every rally car. The driver must have a valid driver's license and proof of insurance. The car must be in good mechanical condition. If one of the rally car occupants is a minor (under 18 years old), that person must have an SCCA "Minor Release" signed by a parent in the presence of either the rally registrar or a Notary Public. The form is available from email@example.com, or at registration.