About this event
|When:||June 9th - 11th|
Putnam Park Road Course
|What:||The Kentucky Region Porsche Club will be hosting our Driver Education event at Putnam Park Road Course in Mount Meridian, Indiana. While this is a Porsche Club event, we are marquee friendly and welcome other makes besides Porsche.|
|Extras:||A custom designed event t-shirt free of charge. Our sponser Blue Grass Motorsport hosts a dinner party on both Friday and Saturday night at the host hotel. Dinner and drinks are provided free of charge to all attendees. Weather permitting, the party is held on the patio with plenty of room to socialize with your fellow participants. Good times are always had by all.|
Please read through all of the following information before continuing
Current Attendee List
Follow the link on the top right of this page. Available once registration opens.
The Technical Inspection form must be completed and signed within 30 days prior to event date.
It is recommended that a qualified mechanic perform the inspection and can Instructors may self tech.
Printed copies of the following documents will be provided at the event, so printing them is not required. They are provided here for convenience.
- Event Headquarters (Host Hotel) are being provided by SpringHill Suites by Marriott If online reservation shows booked please give them a call.
- Additional accommodations nearby provided by the Hampton Inn in Plainfield, IN. (317) 839-9993
- Additional accommodations nearby provided by the Wingate by Wyndham in Plainfield, IN. (317) 279-2500
- Tech Inspection and Registration will be open all day Friday and Saturday morning at the track.
- Four (4) run groups, plus Instructor Group
- Four (4) run sessions each day, 25 minutes each.
- Three (3) Classroom sessions, 45 minutes each (mandatory for novice drivers) and available to all attendees.
- Certified Instructors for all novice and available for first time Putnam advanced drivers.
- Friday Lapping registration open to instructors and advanced drivers only.
- All attendees receive free lunch Friday. Instructors receive free lunch all 3 days.
- Trailers and cars can NOT be dropped at the track on Thursday
- Instructors (includes Friday lapping): $275
- Driver Education (Saturday and Sunday driving): $550
- Friday Lapping for advanced drivers (requires full weekend registration): $275
- Garage rental $250 for weekend (18 spaces available)
- All Refunds subject to 20% handling charge.
- All Sales Final one week prior to the event date.
The PCA has entered into an association with Lockton Affinity who has created a Driver Education insurance program specifically tailored for our members. In addition to providing this coverage, Lockton has agreed to offer exclusively to PCA members a 10 percent discount on HPDE insurance premiums. Non PCA members can still receive coverage without the discount. Click here for more information.
Additional Event Notes
- All registrations must be submitted and pre-paid through the MotorsportReg.com online system.
- Car sharing is strongly discouraged because sessions are back-to-back without the downtime to change drivers between, plus there's the possibility that both drivers might be assigned to the same run groups if skill levels are somewhat similar. Alternating sessions is disruptive to the continuity of instruction if either driver is of lesser experience.
- KYPCA Driver's Education is not a race or timed event of any kind. This is an instructional activity with the purpose of developing high-performance car-handling skills.
- KYPCA Driver's Education is not a racing school and should not be considered as such.
- Safety of all participants and personnel is closely monitored at all times. There is no place for unsafe/reckless behavior at a KYPCA track event, and we will not hesitate to exclude drivers from participation should we determine in our sole discretion that such action is appropriate.
- Some suggested items to bring are: chairs of some sort, cooler with water or drinks (bottled water will also be provided), snacks, sunglasses, sunscreen, hat, umbrella, tire pressure guage, large plastic bag to protect your gear, glass cleaner, rags or paper towels, video or still camera, notepad and pen, quart of oil, friends or family.
Please read through all of the following information
- You must have your car number applied to both the driver and passenger side of your car. The numbers must be of a contrasting color to your car, 1 to 3 digits, minimum 6" tall.
- Helmets - Must be Snell Certified Special Application 2015 or 2020 rated. Non-Snell rated helmets will NOT be accepted. Snell certification sticker can be found inside your helmet. Usually under the liner, at the back or on the side – check before you arrive! Helmets will be inspected at Tech Inspection!
- Helmet inspection is for the sole purpose of determining if it displays the proper certification sticker. No guarantee of fitness of use is associated with this inspection.
- Non-participants are not permitted in either student or instructor cars. Non-participants under the age of 18 are allowed only in spectator areas. Instructors riding in student cars and students riding in instructor cars for instructional purposes are permitted. No student may ride with another student.
- Seatbelts - driver and passenger minimum 3-point (harness preferred).
- For Student drivers the passenger seat and seatbelts must be equivalent to the driver's seat / seatbelts.
- Convertibles with factory rollover protection will be permitted. For all other convertibles a roll bar that meets the “broomstick” test is required.
- Both driver and passenger windows must be fully down (rain or shine). Please be certain your windows are operable prior to arriving at the event.
- Tires must be in good condition, no age cracks. R-rated track tires are not recommended for novice drivers.
- Long sleeve cotton shirt, natural fiber long pants (or driving suit) are recommended but shorts and short sleeve shirts are allowed.
- Closed toe shoes with leather or canvas uppers are required.
- A current and valid driver's license (must show at registration). Please check before arriving at the event.
- Must be 18 years or older.
- No open exhausts permitted.
- Drivers are responsible for the preparation and safety of their cars. You must download, print and complete a Technical Inspection Form. This form must be filled out, signed, and dated within 30 days prior to the event date. It is recommended that a qualified mechanic perform the technical inspection.
- All vehicles will be inspected and must pass a basic safety check at the event prior to running.
- Students should expect that their instructor may ask to drive their car for several laps at each event.
- All participants must obey all passing rules set forth in the driver's run group meeting.