About this event
The StratoCup - The main event of the year! An all out competition that combines the StratoCross & StratoAttack competitions into the ultimate end of season test! Drivers compete for the chance to win a $300 Cash prize and to take home the StratoCup Trophy in one of the 4 classes.
In the morning the track is setup for StratoCross (Autocross) and in the afternoon the course changes to StratoAttack (Track Sprint). Competitiors will get practice runs followed by 5 competition runs at each course layout. Drivers fastest time from each session are combined and class winners are crowned in each of the 4 classes.
Don't miss out on this 100% Canadian home gown time trials competition! All skill levels are welcome to compete. This is your chance to get recognized as one of the fastest drivers in the west!
More info at www.dmstiming.ca
StratoAttack is presented by Motorsports Supplies, Edmonton's source for hard core, hard to find motorsports parts and accessories.
Awards provided by RA Motorsports, your local producer of high quality parts for enthusiats on and off the track.
- $140 per driver
- This event is limited to the first 60 to register
- Morning session will have challenging pylon marked Autocross elements setup throughout the course.
- Afternoon session will be the same course but without the Autocross elements
- There are 4 classes: Street l Tuner l Extreme l Unlimited
- If your vehicle meets the classing requirements you may enter it
- Click Here For More Info
- 8:00am Gates open
- 9:00-10pm Open Practice runs (40km/h max)
- 10:00am - 12:00pm Autocross Competition Runs
- 12:00pm-12:30pm Break & Course Change
- 12:45pm - 2:45pm - Time Attack Competition Runs
- 3:00pm - Awards
- 4pm Cleaned up and offsite
- 40 km/h max speed
- Learn the course & pick your lines
- Must remain a minimum 10 car lengths distance from the car in front of you
- No passing
- Practice runs are optional
- May take as many as you want during the allotted time
- Speeding or dangerous driving will get you disqualified
- 3 run groups
- One group Drives, One group Marshals, One group Rests
- Drivers will be given 5 competition runs at each course
- Cars will be launched every ~25 seconds
- No passing
- Each standing pylon hit = 2 second penalty
- Wrong direction/missed gate = OFF Course
- Drop 2 or more tires off the pavement = OFF Course
- Reverse = OFF Course
- Airplane loop (doing a 360 to get to a missed gate) = OFF Course
- Hit a pylon in the stop box = DNF
- Only your single best run will be used for the final result standings
- You catch up to a car and it slows you down (No passing allowed)
- Timing Issues
- Course/Cone Issues
- If a pylon is out of place you can either slow down and honk your horn and get a rerun or use it to your advantage
- Class Standings
- Overall Standings
- Live results are viewable at www.dmstiming.ca (Tap on the red Live Results button)
- Final results to be posted up on website shortly after event finish.
- 1st place - $300 and a StratoCup trophy
- 2nd Place - Trophy
- 3rd Place - Trophy
- If you're not satisfied with the event you will be refunded 50% of the event fee!
- Your Feed Back Is Wanted! Let me know how we can make these events even better. Email firstname.lastname@example.org
- A drivers license
- A mechanically sound car
- To register
- To fill out the online self tech form & Waiver (Click Here)
- A Snell certified M/SA/K 2010 or newer helmet or ECE 22.05
- Suv’s, trucks, vans and other high center of gravity vehicles are prohibited for safety reasons. Vehicles track width must be greater than it's height. (Street trucks are allowed)
- Have a structure and bodywork that surrounds and protects the driver at least to their waist level when seated in their normal driving position.
- Performance brake pads & brake fluid is highly recommended
- Exhaust noise level less than 94dbA from 100 feet away
- No fluid leaks that will drop oil or anitfreeze on the track
- All loose items must be removed from the vehicle.
- 3 point seat belt at minimum (Exception for Karts)
- Kart Requirements Click Here
- Only 1 allowed
- Must be wearing same safety gear as driver
- Must sign the event waiver
- Must be of 16 years of age or older