About this event
Autocross is back in Edmonton with StratoCross Time Trials, held at Stratotech Raceway just 15 minutes north of Edmonton!
What is an Autocross? An Autocross is a race against the clock (as opposed to wheel-to-wheel) around a unique course defined by cones or pylons. It is one of the safest and lowest cost motorsports you can get into. Click Here to find out more!
All are welcome to participate at this event, from the complete novice with their daily driver to the seasoned pro with a fully built race car!
StratoCross is presented by Motorsports Supplies, Edmontons source for hard core, hard to find motor sports parts and accessories.
Awards provided by RA Motorsports, your local producer of high quality parts for enthusiats on and off the track.
- $85 Per Driver
- This event is limited to the first 30 to register
- Challenging pylon marked Autocross elements are setup throughout the course.
- There are 5 classes: Street l Tuner l Extreme l Unlimited I The Slow Class
- If your vehicle meets the classing requirements you may enter it.
- Click Here For More Info
- 4:00pm Gates open
- 5:30-6:00pm Optional Practice runs (40km/h max)
- 6:00pm Drivers Meeting
- 6:15pm Timed competition runs begin
- 8:50pm Last car on track
- 9:00pm Awards
- 9:30pm Cleaned up and off site
- 40 km/h max speed
- Learn the course & pick your lines
- Must remain a minimum 10 car lengths distance from the car in front of you
- No passing
- Practice runs are optional
- May take as many as you want during the allotted time
- Speeding or dangerous driving will get you disqualified
- 2 run groups
- One group drives while the other marshalls
- 2 heats of 4 runs (8 runs total)
- Cars will be launched every ~25 seconds
- No passing
- Each standing pylon hit = 2 second penalty
- Wrong direction/missed gate = OFF Course
- Drop 2 or more tires off the pavement = OFF Course
- Reverse = OFF Course
- Airplane loop (doing a 360 to get to a missed gate) = OFF Course
- Hit a pylon in the stop box = DNF
- Only your single best run will be used for the final result standings
- You catch up to a car and it slows you down (No passing allowed)
- Timing Issues
- Course/Cone Issues
- If a pylon is out of place you can either slow down and honk your horn and get a rerun or use it to your advantage
- Class Standings
- Overall Standings
- Live results are viewable at www.dmstiming.ca (Tap on the red Live Results button)
- Final results to be posted up on website shortly after event finish.
- Top 2 Fastest Times in each Class
- The Slow Class - Fastest time gets the "The James May Award"
- Finish within the Top 5 of your class or the Top 10 Overall to receive points towards the 2023 DMS Time Trials Championships!
- Click Here For More Info
- If you're not satisfied with the event you will be refunded 50% of the event fee!
- Your Feed Back Is Wanted! Let me know how we can make these events even better. Email firstname.lastname@example.org
- A drivers license
- A mechanically sound car
- To register
- To fill out the online self tech form & sign the annual waiver (Click Here)
- A Snell certified M/SA/K 2010 or newer helmet or ECE 22.05
- Suv’s, trucks, vans and other high center of gravity vehicles are prohibited for safety reasons. Vehicles track width must be greater than it's height. (Street trucks are allowed)
- Have a structure and bodywork that surrounds and protects the driver at least to their waist level when seated in their normal driving position.
- Exhaust noise level less than 94dbA from 100 feet away
- Performance brake pads & brake fluid is highly recommended
- Must have no fluid leaks that could drop oil or antifreeze on the track
- All loose items must be removed from the vehicle.
- 3 point seat belt at minimum (Exception for Karts)
- Kart Requirements View Here
- Only 1 allowed
- Must be wearing same safety gear as driver
- Must sign the event waiver
- Must be of 16 years of age or older