About this event
St. Louis Region SCCA Performance Driving Event (PDE)
We offer four 20 minute sessions for $200. At this event, you will have an opportunity to work with an instructor and practice car handling and precision driving in your own car on the 1.6 mile road course at World Wide Technology Raceway at Gateway. This is a non-competitive, non-timed event. Drivers are grouped by prior experience. Drivers are required to wear a helmet, long or short sleeved shirt, and long pants.
Drivers will be assigned to the novice, intermediate or advanced groups based on prior driving experience and performance. Novice students will have an instructor with them on track at all times. Intermediate students will have the option to have an instructor ride along or not. Advanced students can request an instructor for a session and are subject to instructor availability.
* If you have not driven with our program before, you must register for the novice group. If you have significant track experience, reach out to the registrar ahead of time, but most people will need to start in the novice group with us.
12:00 PM Optional Track Walk (Meet On Pit Road)
1:00 PM Mandatory Check-in & Tech
2:00 PM Mandatory Driver’s Meeting
2:30 PM First Group on Track
$200 per driver for SCCA members
$215 for non-members
Co-Chairs: Chris Lorenz
SCCA Track Event rules:
All drivers are responsible to read and adhere to the SCCA Supplemental Regulations, which can be found here:
All drivers must complete a self-tech sheet, which will be collected at registration the day of the event:
Convertibles and targa tops must meet the standards outlined in the SCCA Track Event rules:
- A helmet meeting one of the following standards:
- Snell Foundation SA, SAH, M, or K, 2010 or newer (ex. SA2010)
- SFI 31.1, 41.1, 31.1A, 31.2A, 41.1A, 41.2A
- British spec BS6658-85 type A/FR
- Long pants
- Closed-toe shoes
- Short or long sleeve shirt is OK
- Completed self-tech sheet
Trailers are not allowed to go through the tunnel at World Wide Technology Raceway at Gateway.