About this event
Shenandoah Region PCA Autocross at Richmond International Raceway on the banked oval!
Come autocross at RIR for the unique expirence of running a course on the 3/4 mile 14 degree banked turns of the NASCAR track!
The course will go down pit road backwards and enter the track at turn 4, go all the way around the track to finish before turn 1 (with a few cones to keep things safe!).
The day starts EARLY with the first car off at 9:00, we have to have the track cleared by 4:00.
Gates open at 7:30AM. The driver's meeting will be at 8:45AM and the first car off will be at 9:00. Spectators are free and encouraged to join us! PCA member registration is $135.00; Non-member registration is $140.00.
Pre-Registration is required, no on site registration.
REGISTRATION IS LIMITED TO 60 CARS!
Shenandoah Region PCA Event Operating Procedures
- All registration, payment, and check in will be done electronically on www.Motorsportreg.com. Online pre-registration will be open until 7:00pm two days before the event.
- There will be no on site registration.
- Once you are parked in the pit area please come to the timing table to pick up your staging bar code sticker with your car number.
- Waivers will be signed using Speedwaiver Use this link Speedwaiver to sign the waiver for drivers and spectators before the autocross. You must have a smart phone to complete this process. This must be completed before the drivers meeting on the day of the event.
- Please understand that the steps above are the only way to register and participate in this event. If you show up and are unable or unwilling to register this way, you will not be able to participate.
- Loaner helmets
- Loaner helmets will not be available. This does not exempt you from the requirement to wear an approved helmet when you compete.
- Driver’s meeting
- The driver’s meeting will be at 8:45.
- The run work order will be posted at the event.
- Tech Inspection
- Entrants are required to fill out the self tech certification in the online registration form
- Course walking
- Entrants can walk the course once it is set.
- There will not be a guided course walk.
- Paddock and Grid
- Paddock area is near pit road
- Participants are encouraged to bring their own drinks for proper hydration during the event.
Current PCA Member
Entrants must show the Event Registrar their valid driver's license.
Entrants will be asked to help work the course, work assignments will be posted at the timing table.
All drivers and passengers are required to wear a helmet. All helmets meeting the latest or two immediately preceding Snell Foundation standards (SA2015, SA2010, SAH2010, SA2005, M2015, M2010, M2005, , K2015, K2010, K2005, K98); SFI standards 31.1, FIA standards 8859-2015, 8860-2010, 8860-2004; or British spec BS6658-85 type A are acceptable.
Loaner helmets will not be available.