About this event
The Potomac-Chesapeake Chapter of Audi Club North America is proud to announce our annual Shakes N Brakes drive!
If you are in the mood to get out of the house and take an exciting drive then please join us in the historic and scenic Catoctin mountains. This 4-5 hour summer drive features a state park, photo op with covered bridges, and a local creamery which leads to our catchy title!
COVID-19 Update: We hope everyone has been staying safe and healthy in these trying times. Depending on the incidence levels of COVID-19 at the time this event is run, we may bring back our traditional lunch stop. If we end up not making a reservation at a restaurant for lunch, we'll send an email out letting everyone know and will encourage you to bring your own packed lunch and beverages to enjoy in your car or outdoors during one of our stops.
Our day starts with a welcome and check in from 7:15 to 7:45 am. Participants will complete registration and receive important information, including a mandatory driver's briefing, outdoors in the Food Lion parking lot. We then depart promptly at 8:15 am from Mt. Airy, MD to enjoy the beautiful country roads surrounding Frederick. Our drive will include a few stops for pictures, bathroom breaks, and snacking. We will aim to end around noon at South Mountain Creamery, where you will be welcome to purchase ice cream if you choose.
Please be sure to bring an FRS radio so that you can communicate with other drivers and receive updates during the drive. If you expect to purchase ice cream, please bring some cash and a mask. Otherwise, expect a great drive with good folks. All friends, family, and non-Audi club members are welcome to participate in this event and we look forward to driving with you! If you're interested in attending more events like this we encourage you to check out our website and/or join our club if you aren't already a member.
This event is limited to 30 cars but we will have a wait list in case someone's plans change at the last minute.
This event may be postponed or canceled depending on the weather, expect a confirmation email a few days before the event.
- Date: Saturday, July 16th
- Start Location: Food Lion: 1312 S Main St, Mt Airy, MD 21771
- Event Time: Arrive at 7:15am for registration, leave promptly at 8:15am
- Drivers meeting: Starts promptly at 7:45am
- Lunch: If COVID-19 levels are low, we will try to book a restaurant for lunch, otherwise please bring your own lunch and beverages
- Please note: Event limited to first 30 cars that register (there will be a waiting list so please sign up even if the event is full as we may have cancellations)
- What you need to bring: FRS radio, packed lunch (if we notify you that we won't be stopping at a restaurant) and/or snacks, water or other beverages, cash and a mask if you intend to purchase ice cream at the creamery
The entry fee is $30 per vehicle for non-members and $10 for members. The Audi Club is a non-profit organization.
What you need to bring: FRS radio, packed lunch (if we notify you that we won't be stopping at a restaurant) and/or snacks, water or other beverages, cash and a mask if you intend to purchase ice cream at the creamery.