About this event
Come out and join Schattenbaum Region for a great 3-day event on the Thunderbolt circuit at New Jersey Motorsports Park.
DE participants will get lots of track time each day, and can watch some exciting club racing between run sessions.
NOTE: Entrants in the PCA Club Race are not permitted to register for this DE event.
If you are registering for the PCA Club Race, you are in the wrong place. Click here for the Club Race registration site.
This DE is for solo/advanced drivers only and is held in conjunction with a PCA Club Race.
There will be no instruction, no students and no novice drivers at this event.
Preference is given to 3-day entrants and those with prior Advanced (Black or Red run group) experience.
Experienced intermediate drivers will be admitted if space is available, at the discretion of the registrar.
Fri-only and Sat/Sun-only registration, or drivers with Intermediate-level experience will be accepted on a space-available basis.
Dates: August 16-18, 2018 (Fri., Sat., Sun)
Registration is open noon August 14.
PCA Members (membership number MUST be provided in your motorsportreg.com profile):
Sat/Sun Only: $325
Fri Only: $180
Sat/Sun Only: $355
Fri Only: $195
Saturday Dinner Banquet: $30
Garage Rental: Contact NJMP directly
No payment is required at time of registration.
The entry fee will be automatically charged to your credit card approximately 30 days prior to the event.
Payment and Cancellation Policy:
- All entrants must have a credit card on file at motorsportreg.com unless other payment arrangements have been made with the registrar for the upcoming event.
- Credit cards will be charged 30 days prior to the event. Registrations made within 30 days of the event will be charged immediately.
- For cancellation 15-30 days in advance of the event start date, there is a $50 administrative fee ($25 for a 1-day registration). The balance will be refunded to your credit card.
- For cancellation less than 15 days from the event, no refunds or event credits will be issued.
- Cancellation should be made via motorsportreg.com. Notify the registrar via email to email@example.com if there are any issues regarding cancellation.
Open to all licensed drivers age 18 or older.
All track-worthy sports cars may be accepted pending a satisfactory safety inspection prior to the event. No SUVs. A Safety Inspection Form must be completed before the event and submitted at the track. Vehicles deemed by Schattenbaum staff to be unsuitable for high speed track events will not be permitted.
PLEASE READ THE NOTES ON THE INSPECTION FORM! -- THERE ARE NEW REQUIREMENTS FOR 2019.
A few of the key requirements for PCA and NJ Motorsports Park are:
- Helmets must be Snell 2010 or 2015 rated, SA or M.
- Closed-face helmets are recommended. Open-face helmets are permitted in factory-spec cars with fully functional air bag system.
- A certified (SFI 38.1, FIA 8858 or newer) head and neck restraint device MUST be used by all occupants of any car with an aftermarket harness and roll bar/cage system.
- All convertibles must have rollover protection (No un-deployed "pop-up" bars), with top up if possible.
- All cars running open-top must have proper 5 or 6-point harnesses, harness-compatible seats and arm restraints.
- Long pants and long-sleeve shirts required. Short-sleeve shirts MAY be permitted if allowed by the track.
- Shorts and open shoes are NOT permitted beyond the pit lane fence.
- Harness expiration dates are enforced (SFI 2 years, FIA 5 years).
THIS IS JUST A PARTIAL LIST OF REQUIREMENTS.
REFER TO THE SCHATTENBAUM REGION SAFETY INSPECTION FORM AND
PCA DRIVERS ED STANDARDS FOR ADDITIONAL VEHICLE REQUIREMENTS!
Additional NJMP Information:
1. The NJMP track registration office is open the night before an event from 6-10 pm and also from 7:00-10 am every morning. All participants who wish to rent NJMP suites must contact the track directly for reservations.
2. All persons entering the NJMP facility are required to sign NJMP's waiver statement. No one will beallowed to enter the park without the proper wrist band or credential. All DE entrants must also sign a PCA liability waiver when checking in for the event in the padock classroom. Credentials distributed by Schattenbaum are for Club use only and do not override or substitute NJMP credentials unless previously authorized by NJMP.
3. Typically, groups will not be allowed to enter the paddock until 7pm the night before an event. However, NJMP security personnel may permit early entry on a case by case basis. This will never occur before 6pm. The same procedure applies to the morning entry time of 7am. Contact NJMP directly to inquire about early entry.
4. State of New Jersey Chapter 62 Race Track Regulations do not allow anyone under the age of 18 to enter the hot pits. Therefore, NJMP security will not allow anyone without the proper wristband/credentials to go beyond the pit lane fence. These credentials will be distributed at our registration window.