SCCA - TSSCC 2023 Test & Tune at GrissomGrissom Aeroplex
About this event
For the TnT we will have a basic test course (slaloms, sweepers, offset gates, etc.) to help dial in any settings that you would like to experiment with. There will also be a 100 ft skid pad to help test tire pressures and calculate some G's. The skid pad will be unmanned and have no timing equipment.
All participants who run the TnT will be required to work a shift out on course shagging cones. The length of work shifts is determined by how many people are going to be at the TnT. It is typically about an hour. Work assignments will be given out on a first come first serve basis and in such a fashion that we ensure coverage for the whole day. The TnT will run from 10 am to 4 pm EST. You must pre-register for the TnT and check-in at 9 am or no later than 12 pm with a board member. Before and/or after your work assignment you can run as much or as little as you would like. (The TnT is not included in the Pre-Registration Program)
There is no alcohol allowed on the base property, this is a federal regulation. Furthermore, there can be no trash left behind. We will have plenty of garbage bags on hand. There will be no reason for not keeping the site clean. If you see trash flying around pick it up and throw it away.
There are a few fast food places within a few minutes drive of the site, but as always it is best practice to bring your own lunch if possible.
The entrance gate for the site can be found here (40.654881, -86.133149 --- Google Maps Link) Plug those coordinates into your GPS device of choice and you'll be golden. The closest place with an address is 7518 S Innovation Way, Bunker Hill, IN 46914. We will do our best to have a few cones out there to guide the wa
- Check in when you arrive on site.
- Bring your self-tech sheet! We will try to have extra blank forms available if you forget yours, but it is your responsibility to go through the items and verify your car is in good condition prior to arriving on-site.
- If changes need to be made to your personal information or car information, you must do so at Registration to update your information BEFORE your car is teched.
- Get a work assignment from the worker chief. ALL COMPETITORS MUST GET A WORK ASSIGNMENT!
- Verify your car is ready to go; ALL loose items removed, numbers applied to the body panels of the car which meet SCCA requirements, tires checked, etc.
- Registration closes at 12PM.
- You must be at least 16 years old and have a valid driver’s license to enter. All entrants and guests MUST sign the waiver.
- Drivers’ under 18 must have a Minor Waiver completed for each event. Minor Waivers must be completed by the driver and the parent/guardian in the presence of a board member at registration.
- After checking and returning your driver’s license, the registrar will check you into the computer system and take your self-tech form.
- If you do not have tape or magnetic numbers, low tack tape may be available for purchase from the registrar.
- Get a work assignment from the worker chief. ALL COMPETITORS MUST GET A WORK ASSIGNMENT! Failure to complete your work assignment will result in DSQ'ing of your runs. Additionally, you may be prevented from running with TSSCC in the future.