About this event
AUTOBAHN FULL TRACK -- 3.56 miles!! 19 turns!!
The SCCA Chicago Region invites you to the Autobahn Country Club on Friday, June 9 for an evening Track Event and Time Trial on the FULL Course.
This event includes a Time Trial run group.
Overview: We are planning three run groups for this event, and each group is scheduled to have three 20-minute sessions. If we have extra time, we will also host a “touring session” midway through the evening for friends and families to experience the track at a modest pace.
Entries: The entry fee for SCCA members for either the Track Event or Time Trials is $235. For non-members, the entry fee of $255 covers your entry + a weekend membership, and the weekend membership fee can be applied to a full SCCA membership. Join at SCCA.com and become eligible for discounts, experiences, and even more fun with cars. Transponder rental for the Time Trials is $30, or you may register and use your own transponder. You can also use a personal lap timer, but your times won't be recorded or published, and inaccurate gridding may create congestion on track.
Event Day: Check-In begins at 2:00 PM; the mandatory drivers’ meetings start at 4:30 PM; and on-track activities are tentatively scheduled to start at 5:15 PM.
Run Groups: For safety and everyone's enjoyment, drivers will be divided into run groups based on skill and experience. The Track Event is for drivers of all experience levels and offers two options: 1) a Novice run group and 2) an Intermediate / Advanced run group. Please sign up early to secure your spot in the correct group! A third option, the Level 1 Time Trial run group, is open to advanced, intermediate, and instructor-level drivers in vehicles appropriate to the experiential nature of the program (e.g., preference is given to streetable vehicles with current license and registration). SCCA Time Trial licenses are encouraged and can be applied for by clicking here; alternatively, please be sure your MSR resumé is up-to-date. Event officials reserve the right to change a participant’s run group as needed.
Vehicle Eligibility: Trucks, most SUVs and crossover vehicles, as well as most race cars, are not eligible for this event. Please click here to see the most current SCCA vehicle classifications for Time Trials.
- for the Track Event only
- for the Time Trial only
- for the Track Event and Time Trial
1) Supplementary Regulations Specific to the TRACK EVENT
- CHICAGO REGION, SPORTS CAR CLUB OF AMERICA, INC. PRESENT: Level I Track Event (TE) June 9, 2023, at Autobahn Country Club, Joliet, IL
- This Level I Track Event (TE), Sanction No. 23-TERG-60906, 06/09/2023 at Autobahn Country Club, Joliet, IL, is organized by the Chicago Region, Sports Car Club of America, Inc. (SCCA), and will be held under the current SCCA Time Trial Rules and official updates, except as modified by these Supplemental Regulations. Please read full rule set at: https://cdn.connectsites.net/user_files/scca/downloads/000/044/505/2022_SCCA_Track_Event_Rules_060122.pdf?1654114622- "Track Event Rules."
2) Supplementary Regulations Specific to the TIME TRIAL
- CHICAGO REGION, SPORTS CAR CLUB OF AMERICA, INC. PRESENT: Level 1 Time Trial (TT), June 9, 2023, at Autobahn Country Club, Joliet, IL
- This Level 1 Time Trial (TT), Sanction No. 23-TTRG-60907, 06/09/2023 at Autobahn Country Club, Joliet, IL, is organized by the Chicago Region, Sports Car Club of America, Inc. (SCCA), and will be held under the current SCCA Time Trial Rules and official updates, except as modified by these Supplemental Regulations. Please read full rule set at: https://timetrials.scca.com/pages/tt-basics
3) Supplementary Regulations for both the Track Event and Time Trial
- Entry fees:
- Pre-Registered: $235
- Early Registration Discount: $10 off
- At the Track (day of event): $250
- Weekend Membership*: $20
- Time Trial Transponder rental (optional): $30
- *Membership: All participants are required to be SCCA members. Anyone who does not have an annual membership on their person will be required to purchase a weekend membership on site.
- Drivers: All drivers must be at least 16 years of age and possess a current valid driver's license issued by their state of residence. Minor Drivers: Any driver under 18 must be a full SCCA member and have a Minor Annual Waiver on file with the National SCCA office. Instructions for Digital Annual Waivers are available here. The document must be submitted and processed by the SCCA National office before the driver attends the event.
- Tech Sheets and Helmets: All drivers need to present a completed tech inspection sheet and a helmet meeting current certifications at registration before the event. A limited number of rental helmets may be available.
- Transponders: Transponders will be available for rent for $30 each, and they may be picked up at registration. Competitors may use their own transponders with approval from staff. All competitors must secure transponders to participating vehicles.
- Car Numbers: All registrants should have car numbers clearly visible to track workers -- from a distance, and at speed -- on both sides of the car. Typically, this means numbers should be 6" to 8" tall and in a color contrasting with your vehicle's body color.
- Pertinent dates for this event (all dates 2023):
- Opening date for receipt of entries 12:01 AM CDT — March 31
- Early discount fee expires 11:59 PM CDT — April 30
- Online registration closes 4:00 PM CDT — July 1
- Cancellation Policy:
- No charge for cancellations made through MSR, email, or phone before the event.
- Credit cards will not be charged until the event.
- Registration/check-in 2:00 PM to 4:00 PM
- Mandatory drivers' meetings 4:30 PM
- On-track activities commence 5:15 PM
- Debrief and summary session After Checkered Flag
- Important Notes:
- Drivers may be held responsible for damages to property, including track and environmental damage.
- All convertibles must have a factory recognized roll over structure or SCCA GCR legal rollover protection, unless approved prior to the event.
- All participants must have a Snell M-2010 or better helmet. A small number of loaner (SCCA) and/or rental (Autobahn) helmets may be available at the event.
- Chicago Region, Sports Car Club of America, Inc.
- 921 Lawn Circle
- Western Springs, IL 60558-2262
- Event Lead: Roger Vilmur
- Registrar: H. Ingraham
- Registration information:
- The registrar for this event is
- H. Ingraham
- 921 Lawn Circle
- Western Springs, IL 60558-2262
Below are the Autobahn Country Club track rules. They are considered part of these supplementary regulations and are enforceable as such.
- Camping. Camping by Participants may be permitted by Autobahn Circuit at its sole discretion, and shall be restricted to certain areas. Autobahn Circuit retains the right to charge a fee for camping, which fee shall include 24-hour security costs incurred by Autobahn Circuit for days in which such camping takes place. No campfires will be allowed at the Circuit.
- Facilities Rules and Regulations. Autobahn Circuit reserves the right to impose certain rules and regulations for the Circuit and Lessee agrees to enforce these rules and regulations throughout the duration of the Event. These rules and regulations include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Road Course Access. Under no circumstances shall any Participant access the road course in any vehicle unless specifically authorized by, and under the control of, Lessee as part of the Event activities. Unauthorized driving shall be considered grounds for removal of the driver and the vehicle from the premises for the entire Event and for the driver’s exclusion from future events.
- Alcoholic Beverages. No alcoholic beverages may be brought on site without the consent of Autobahn Circuit. No alcoholic beverages will be permitted in the pit or main paddock areas until 30 minutes after the end of the final event of each day. Lessee and its Participants (and families or guests) shall comply with all state and local liquor laws.
- Minibikes, Dirt Bikes and Four Wheelers. The use of unlicensed vehicles such as minibikes, four-wheelers and dirt bikes shall be restricted to their use as service vehicles for competitors and shall only be used in the paddock area. Only licensed drivers shall use such vehicles. Children are specifically forbidden to ride such vehicles in the paddock or in any of the public areas. Autobahn Circuit reserves the right to further restrict the use of these vehicles if, in the sole discretion of Autobahn Circuit, such use is in any way a danger or annoyance to other persons. No vehicles shall be ridden or driven by any person who is under the influence of alcohol or drugs. Autobahn Circuit reserves the right to remove any person who is in violation of this rule from the premises for the duration of the Event and to forbid their attendance at future events.
- Pets. All pets must be kept on a leash at all times, and all pet waste must be removed and disposed of.
- Quiet Periods. No racing or unmuffled engines may be run outside of the designated times as noted in Section 4.
- Campfires. No campfires will be allowed at the Circuit.
- Minors and Children. All minors and children must be under the direct supervision of an adult at all times.
- Electricity and RV Hook-up. Participants (and families or guests) are prohibited from using any Circuit electrical and waste hook-up facilities unless consented to by Autobahn Circuit, and the use of such facilities may be subject to a separate fee.
- Additional Regulations. Autobahn Circuit reserves the right to impose additional rules and regulations at any time. Such additional rules and regulations shall be provided in writing to Lessee who shall consider them to be part of this Agreement.