About this event
Join us as we hit the west coast for the first time with Blacktrax Performance September 13 2021 at Buttonwillow Raceway!
Established in 2002, BlackTrax continues to deliver the latest in custom and high performance solutions for your import and domestic vehicles. Dyno Tuning Engine Building / Custom Fab BlackTrax Performance is committed to supporting the automotive motorsport industry by offering reliable and repeatable tuning solutions while establishing customer relationships and encouraging involvement of our employees, clients, fans and partners.
S2K TakeOver- For Advanced and Solo intermediate S2000 drivers ONLY
Red- Advanced drivers with 15+ track days or similar experience (open to all types of vehicles)
Blue- Intermediate drivers with 5-15 track days (open to all types of vehicles)
*at this time there will be no beginner group at this event. if there is enough demand before the event is sold out we may add a beginner group*
2 hours on track for all run groups!
North East Track Club Membership Included
Earliest Bird $165 (before 5/1)
Earlier Bird $185 (5/1-6/30)
Early Bird $200 (7/1-8/31)
Just in time $220 (9/1-9/8)
Although there are many configurations Buttonwillow can be ran in, #13 CW has become everyone’s favorite. This configuration is 2.68 miles in length and 40 feet wide with 21 turns. This configuration has everything, on/off-camber turns, hairpins, chicanes, sweepers, elevation change, and straights, which will test both the driver and their vehicle.
Raffles from our sponsors!
HotLap TakeOver Challenge (optional) Brought to you by Proteon Aero
- Download the HotLap.io app and join the S2K TakeOver
- Select your class
- Time your sessions and see where you stack up
- Prizes at the end of the day for top time per class
- End of season points prize per class from StopTech and Stable Energies
- Get Bluetooth GPS Receiver Dual Electronics XGPS160 or similar to improve lap time signal (optional)
S2000 Sponsors & Driver Contingency to end of 2021 season
- StopTech TakeOver pricing through Stable Energies
- El Gato Engineering Services Discount for all vehicles
- Stable Energies Driver Support Program: 10% off for all registered NETC/ TakeOver drivers for the 2021 season!
- Other sponsor discounts vary
There will be a mandatory drivers meeting immediately following your tech inspection.
- Each run group will have a group leader
- Our NEDC / NETC Media team will be on hand all day to capture the fun we will be having
- This event will be RAIN OR SHINE. The show must go on!
- Drivers must wear long pants and closed-toe shoes.
- Helmets are mandatory and must be: RATED SNELL M or SA 2015/2020
-Drivers will be required to get their cars inspected and tech form filled out PRIOR to Sptember 13th by a certified mechanic shop of their choice and hand it in during check-in on track day.
- During check-in we will do another safety check to ensure your car meets all safety requirements mandated by S2K TakeOver, NETC & Buttonwillow Raceway
- PASSENGERS ARE NOT ALLOWED to ride with drivers. The only exception is ONLY if the driver is a certified instructor.
- Only 5 and 6 point harnesses and factory seat belts are allowed.
- Each group will have an assigned leader to help answer any of your questions throughout the day.
DOWN LOAD TECH SHEET HERE: NETC_S2K TakeOver Tech Sheet 2021.pdf
Snell 2015 or newer helmet required for drivers
ALL vehicles must pass tech to be on track
No passengers aloud
HotLap participation is voluntary and will have live timing and technical support at events (optional)
Event is Rain or Shine
HotLap TakeOver Challenge Classing Sheet