About this event
Join us as we visit the New York Safety Track!
Monday 5/8 Uptown Configuration
Tuesday 5/9 Downtown Configuration
Run Groups *(subject to change by total number of drivers)*
- S2K TakeOver HotLap Challenge Run Group - Advanced drivers with 20+ track days and experience in open passing/TT settings.
- Advanced Run Group Drivers with 20+ days on track experience in run groups with open point by passing.
- Intermediate Run Group Drivers with 10-20 days on track experience. Passing with point by's in designated area on track.
Track Length: 2.14 miles
Elevation Change: 450 feet
Hills / Drops: 7
Raffles from our sponsors!
HotLap TakeOver Challenge (optional)
- Download the HotLap.io app and join the S2K TakeOver
- Select your class
- Time your sessions and see where you stack up
- Prizes at the end of the day for top time per class
- End of season points prize per class from Stable Energies
- Get Bluetooth GPS Receiver Dual Electronics XGPS160 or similar to improve lap time signal (optional)
S2000 Sponsors & Driver Contingency to end of 2023 season
- Christian S2K Services discount for all vehicles
- El Gato Engineering Services Discount for all vehicles
- Stable Energies Driver Support Program: up to 10% off for all registered S2K TakeOver driver for the 2023 season!
- Other sponsor discounts vary
There will be a mandatory drivers meeting immediately following your tech inspection.
- Lunch is 1 hour long followed with a group photo session on track (to be determined day of event)
- This event will be RAIN OR SHINE. The show must go on!
- Drivers must wear long pants and closed-toe shoes.
- Helmets are mandatory and must be: RATED SNELL M or SA 2015 or newer
-Drivers will be required to get their cars inspected and tech form filled out PRIOR to the event date by a certified mechanic shop of their choice and hand it in during check-in on track day.
- During check-in we will do another safety check to ensure your car meets all safety requirements mandated by S2K TakeOver & NYST.
- PASSENGERS ARE NOT ALLOWED to ride with drivers. The only exception is ONLY if the driver is a certified instructor or approved by Brad B
- Only 5 and 6 point harnesses and factory seat belts are allowed.
- Each group will have an assigned leader to help answer any of your questions throughout the day.
DOWN LOAD TECH SHEET HERE: 2023 S2K TakeOver Tech Sheet .pdf
- Snell 2015 or newer helmet required for drivers
- ALL vehicles must pass tech to be on track
- No passengers aloud
- HotLap participation is voluntary and will have live timing and technical support at events (optional)
- Event is Rain or Shine
S2K TakeOver HotLap Challenge Rules and Classing