About this event
Join us for a weekend on the Southeast course at Pocono. At this high-performance driver’s education event, the only speed limit is your own talent. Novice and intermediate drivers will have a volunteer in-car instructor to help you develop your car-handling skills – making you a better, safer driver on- and off-track. Never been on a racetrack before? This event includes Intro to DE on Friday.
About this track
The Southeast course at Pocono Raceway is autocross without all those confusing cones. This is the perfect place to practice or perfect your turn ins, apexes, and track outs. Located, as you might expect, in the Pocono Mountains, this track is convenient to both Philadelphia and New York City.
- Run groups:
- Intro to DE: For drivers who have never been on track before. This one-day event lets you experience every aspect of DE without committing to a full weekend.
- Green: An instructed run group for drivers with little or no track experience. If you have not done at least 3 weekends at 3 different tracks, this is the run group for you.
- Blue: An instructed run group for drivers with a full season or more of track experience.
- White: For drivers with several seasons of experience. An instructor will be assigned to you; participation is optional but highly recommended for those who wish to work on continued improvement and advancement.
- Black: Advanced run group with extended passing. Sometimes combined with red. Placement at the discretion of our chief instructors. Includes new (and new-to-us) instructors.
- Red: Instructor run group with extended passing. Sometimes combined with black. Placement at the discretion of our chief instructors.
- Registration fees:
- Friday-Sunday: $550 for drivers, $250 for instructors
- Saturday-Sunday: $450 for drivers, $200 for instructors
- Friday only (Intro and advanced only): $149 for Intro, $350 for drivers
- Sign up deadline: 04/21/23, 11:59pm
- Cancellation deadline: 04/21/23, 11:59pm
How and why to get in touch:
If you have never done a DE with us and you have questions about our events, please email email@example.com.
We welcome all PCA national instructors! If you have never instructed with us, please provide your instructor number to firstname.lastname@example.org before you sign up.
Learn more about our Driver's Education program on our website.
Requirements for participating:
- Eligibility: You must be 18 or older with a valid driver’s license.
- You need a passenger car (doesn’t have to be a Porsche).
- Convertibles with pop-up rollover protection can be used in Intro to DE only; in all other run groups, convertibles must have fixed (not pop up) rollover protection.
- Convertible drivers must pass the “broomstick test.” (Email email@example.com if you don’t know what that is.) If you will be driving with your top down, you must have arm restraints for yourself and your instructor.
- Electric cars are allowed but be warned that they go through charge and brakes very, very quickly on track.
- Macans and Cayennes can be used in Intro to DE only; no other SUVs are allowed in Intro, and no SUVs or trucks are allowed in any other run group.
- Helmet: You must have a Snell SA or M 2015 or 2020 spec helmet. We recommend full face.
- Safety inspection: No more than 2 weeks prior to the event, you must have your car inspected. This can be done at our safety tech event (see schedule here) or by any ASE certified mechanic using our tech form.
- Cancellations are accepted until 04/21/23, 11:59pm.
- If you have paid for your event, you have the option of a 100% credit for a future RTR DE (valid through 2024), or a refund to your credit card minus $25.
- Cancellations after 04/21/23, 11:59pm will not be refunded. If you are nice about it, we may give you a credit for a future RTR DE.
Guests of all ages are welcome. Guests must sign our waiver upon arrival and wear our wristband throughout the weekend. A parent or legal guardian must sign a waiver on behalf of any guests under age 18. You may print and fill out the minor waiver ahead of the event and bring it to registration with you.