Potomac's Pitt Race DEPittsburgh International Race Compl
About this event
***ALL PARTICIPANTS ARE REQUIRED TO BRING THEIR OWN MASKS AND HAND SANITIZERS***
We will be strictly adhering to all social distancing policies in place at the time (e.g., masks may be required when outside the car; classrooms may be held outdoors; congregating in large groups / evening happy hours may be prohibited, etc.). For those who do not have their own in-car communicator headset - especially STUDENTS! - and want to purchase your own instead of sharing, you can try here but quantities may be limited. Stay tuned for additional COVID-related details as the event nears.
Join PCA Potomac and our special guests MORPCA for our 3-day DE at Pitt Race!
Our hands-on, high-energy driver education program will give you the experience needed to learn how to drive your car toward the limits. We offer 90 minutes of track time per day, with 5 different run groups. Did we mention there are no speed limits?
The greatest part of Potomac PCA is the people, people that will help you with your car, and new friends to drive with. If conditions permit, we will host a happy hour on Friday and Saturday evening after the track shuts down. This is a great time to talk about the day's driving, boast about your day, or just get to know the people you are sharing the track with. Our motto "be safe, have fun, and learn" will certainly be remembered after a weekend with us.
Pitt Race offers a challenging 2.8 mile circuit with 19 corners and over 100 feet of elevation change. The track was resurfaced within the last few years and offers an exceptional driving surface. A race track this large offers something for everyone, long straights, tights corners, steep hills, flowing corners, and a beautiful layout with generous runoff should your ego outperform your skills. Pitt Race also offers paved paddocks, garages, fuel, food services, and an outstanding 0.83 mile karting track.
Charity Laps to benefit Beaver County Meals on Wheels will be held on Saturday June 25th at Lunchtime. Signup onsite!
Reminders: PCA Potomac is also a social club, and new participants are welcomed and appreciated by the entire DE community. Although we love our Porsches, we encourage other passenger car marques to participate. (SUVs and Trucks are not permitted by track rules. Firearms are not allowed during track events. No alcohol or recreational drugs while cars are on track.) Our DE program does have a “13/13 rule” that can be used at the discretion of our region’s DE leadership in reaction to inappropriate or problematic behavior on the track or in the paddock. This can result in probation and / or “time out” from our DE events for 13 months with reassessment before return permitted. So PLEASE, drive safe, smart and have a great weekend. As always, it’s not just the cars, it’s the people!
Registration Fee: $689 for drivers, $285 for instructors
Potomac requires your car to be inspected no more than 30 days prior to the event (AND must be the only event for the car after getting that inspection!!) Potomac may be offering a free tech inspection, please see Tech Inspections for more details and to download the required Tech form.
All drivers must be at least 18 yrs old and have a valid drivers license.
Click here for FAQs and other useful info about our DE program!
- We require prior training before participating in our DEs -- see the FAQ link above, question "What's the best way to start?" for more details.
- Our events are open to all marques.
- You do not need to be a PCA member to participate.
- Registration closes a week prior to the event (late registrations are risky due to capacity).
- You may notice your event status is yellow / "New" - until it becomes green / "Confirmed", you only have a place in line not an actual slot in the event. (Or if you see "Waitlist"...keep your fingers crossed for an opening!) We will contact you again via email prior to the event to confirm acceptance at which time you will also receive instructions about billing and the date your credit card will be billed.
- Green students are expected to attend all days of the DE, particularly the first day, for safety reasons.
- Sorry, we don't offer single-day or prorated registration.
- IF YOU CAN'T PARTICIPATE, IT IS YOUR RESPONSIBILITY TO CANCEL.
- Event waivers will be provided for review and required signatures at on-site event registration.
- Full coverage rubber-soled shoes, long sleeved and legged clothing, and socks required. Natural-fiber clothing highly recommended. Drivers’ suits, gloves, shoes and neck brace made of fire-resistant materials recommended but not required.
- Potomac accepts only credit cards for payment. You are responsible for maintaining valid credit card information in your profile.
- We bill your credit card on the Sunday four weeks prior to the event. An email will be sent a week before billing to notify you of the anticipated charge date and the cancellation policy. We only bill Confirmed drivers, not waitlisted drivers.
- Billing problems result in notification by email with 48 hours to resolve the issue. If you do not correct the issue within 48 hours, your registration will be canceled. Reinstatement of a registration canceled for this reason will incur a $50 admin fee and require immediate payment with a valid credit card.
- Credit card and billing information uses secure connections and is encrypted. You are the only person who has access to your card number. We only see the last four digits for billing.
CANCELLATION AND REFUND
- You may cancel for any reason and without penalty before billing occurs on the Sunday four weeks prior to the DE. If a documented Covid-19 related event occurs including exposure, illness, or quarantine after this billing and before the event, please cancel in MSR and Email Dechair@pcapotomac.org regarding possible refund.