About this event
Women, if you’re interested in learning more about High Performance Driving Education (HPDE) without being the only gal in a room full of guys, here’s your chance to experience the exhilaration and fun that comes from driving on a road course track!
During this one day event, hosted by the St Louis Region Porsche Club of America and it’s subsidiary the STL Track Sisters, you’ll have the opportunity to
• Learn about high performance driving fundamentals through group class sessions
• Learn more about your car and yourself as you apply the techniques covered in class while on the track
• Meet and socialize with women who share your interest in cars and driving, including the STL Track Sisters who have an assortment of on-track experience.
Drivers will be grouped for track sessions according to their prior track experience. Novice and beginner students will be assigned one of our experienced, National PCA instructors who’ll use a two-way intercom to provide in-car guidance and encouragement. With a keen focus on safety, passing is allowed only under controlled circumstances, as this is NOT racing and is NOT a racing school.
The sharing of a vehicle between two participants is allowed.
“Women on Wheels” is open to all women, not just PCA members, no previous track experience is required!
1. Participants must be 18 years of age and have a valid drivers license.
2. Most makes and models of cars are eligible to participate, as well as Porsche Macan and Cayenne, however no vans, trucks or SUVs are allowed on the track.
3. Seat belts and helmets are required. Helmets must be SA 2010, SA 2015, MA 2015 or newer. Complimentary loaner helmets are available and MUST be reserved during registration on this site or by email one week prior to the event. If your vehicle has a 5 or 6 point driving harness, please see the note at the end regarding requirements.
4. All vehicles are required to have a pre-event technical inspection form (form link below) completed by a qualified mechanic. Free car tech inspections are available by appointment from:
• Porsche St Louis (Porsche owners only, any make track car) 314-312-1900
• ET Tuning 636-583-9191
• Reid Vann 314-968-4100
5. If you own a newer model vehicle, please see the note at the bottom regarding “automatic/autonomous braking systems”.
6. Convertible vehicles must pass the broomstick test.
The event will run from 8:00am to 4:00 pm, will include lunch and an on-site Wine Down Wind- Down Social Hour afterwards.
If you have any questions or would like more information, check out STL Track Sisters on Facebook or contact us at STLTrackSisters@gmail.com We look forward to seeing you there!
There is no charge for Instructors who instruct at the WOW HPDE Event.
Regarding Autonomous Braking Systems:
Important Note from PCA National regarding vehicles equipped with “automatic/autonomous braking systems” which apply the brakes without driver input: “Because it is presently not known how Automatic Emergency Braking Systems will react at speed in a High Performance Drive Education environment, PCA will NOT allow affected vehicles to run with our group at HPDE events UNLESS the system can be and is turned off whenever such a vehicle is on the track. While this feature is beneficial for street driving, we cannot risk endangering drivers, instructors and their vehicles at our on-track driving schools.”
Regarding Driving Harnesses:
If your vehicle has a 5 or 6 point driving harness (4 point systems are subject to special rules), several changes to the automobile must be made to create a safe occupant restraint system.
Harnesses must include an anti-submarine strap that has been mounted in an approved manner consistent with the manufacturer’s instructions. The harness system must be used in conjunction with a seat which has the supplied routing holes for the shoulder and anti-submarine belts. All pieces of the restraint system must be installed in accordance with the manufacturer’s instructions.
Every driver and any passenger using more than a factory installed 3 point safety belt MUST also use a “HANS” device. The restraint system used MUST also be equal for each occupant.
YOUR REGISTRATION IS NOT CONSIDERED COMPLETE AND YOUR SPACE WILL NOT BE
HELD UNTIL YOUR REGISTRATION FEE IS PAID IN FULL AND YOU HAVE BEEN CONFIRMED.
PLEASE READ THE FOLLOWING CAREFULLY BEFORE YOU COMPLETE REGISTRATION
If you cancel your confirmed registration, a $15 administrative fee will be deducted from all refunds. There are no refunds or cancellations after September 3rd, 2021 unless your spot can be filled from our wait list.
1. If you will be driving a convertible, before registering please read the following PCA Rules:
Open Cars: Any make of car delivered with factory installed roll over protection meets the minimum standards for Porsche Club of America Driver Education events. In these cars the soft-top must be in the up position or the hard top installed. If the top is in the down position, an SFI and/or FIA approved arm restraint system* must be used. If a car does not have factory installed roll over protection, a roll bar or roll cage must be installed, which meets the "broomstick" rule (the driver's helmeted head is below a bar placed on top of the roll bar and windshield). Design, installation and materials of roll bars or cages and their installation must meet PCA Club Racing specifications, contained in Appendix A-Roll Cage Specifications of the PCA Club Racing Rules. All targa tops must be installed unless there is addition roll over protection. All sunroofs must be in the closed position. The windshield alone is not considered to be factory roll over protection. If you have any questions about whether or not your convertible has factory installed roll over protection that complies with the Rules, email us before you register.
2. If your car does not have factory installed seatbelts for both the driver and passenger, you must email for instructions BEFORE YOU REGISTER.
3. All participants must be at least 18 years of age and must present a valid US state issued driver's license at track registration. Only 1 HPDE student may be in the car on the track. Other than a PCA Instructor, you may not have any passengers on the track. If you are sharing a car with another driver, both of you must be registered.
4. Helmet Requirements: You must have a helmet that has a manufacturer's sticker indicating a Snell "SA 2010" or "M2010" compliance rating or newer. The sticker can be found easily and is affixed inside the helmet under the padding. Approved helmets are available through a number of internet sites as well as at some motorcycle shops. SA helmets provide flame resistance and greater protection from multiple impacts. M helmets generally provide a wider field of vision. Full face helmets may provide more protection than open face models, but either type may be used. WE HAVE A LIMITED NUMBER OF FREE LOANER HELMETS AVAILABLE ON A FIRST COME, FIRST SERVED BASIS. PLEASE RESERVE (SPECIFY HELMET SIZE) DURING THE REGISTRATION PROCESS OR BY EMAIL TO email@example.com IMMEDIATELY AFTER REGISTERING, IF YOU WILL NEED A LOANER.
5. SUV Rules: Porsche Cayennes and Macans are allowed. No other SUVs or trucks are permitted on the track.
6. Safety "Tech" Inspection: Your car must be inspected by a qualified technician no more than 30 days prior to the event. A car safety inspection is required for all participants. No vehicles will be inspected at the track – you must have this done beforehand. All vehicles must be certified by a qualified technician and meet specific safety requirements outlined by the St. Louis Region PCA. Exact technical requirements are detailed on the event tech inspection forms (2 pages) which you can download at this link: Tech Forms 2021 STLPCA DE. However, it is the ultimate responsibility of the individual owner/driver to insure the safe operation of his/her vehicle and to maintain the vehicle’s safe operating condition over the course of the event.