About this event
Test and Tune is non-timed, non-competition track time for licensed racers, and approved Pitt Race PDE Group 3 drivers. This event will primarily be used by racers testing for the Lemons race weekend. Drivers with previous Lemons race experience and rookie Lemons race drivers who are a part of a qualified team are permitted to participate in this Test. This program is designed for teams and drivers seeking additional seat time for driver improvement, vehicle and chassis tuning, and circuit familiarization prior to a race event. This program permits advanced passing rules in order to maximize the use of time spent on the track. There are no Pitt Race instructors provided for Test and Tune. The goal is to give every team and driver as much track time as possible. Pitt Race reserves the right to modify the run groups at any time during the day. No open wheel cars are permitted for this Test and Tune.
For this event there will be a minimum of 2 run groups; Lemons and non-Lemons. The non-Lemons group will consist of race cars and street cars driven by competition licensed drivers and group 3 / advanced HPDE drivers. If necessary, a third run group may be created depending on registrations.
Multiple drivers per car are permitted. Please enter their names when prompted. All drivers and crew are required to complete the waiver. You can copy the link during registration and email it to them.
$225 per car for ½ day (Afternoon sessions ONLY)
$325 per car for full day
We prefer you preregister through motorsportreg.com before registration closes.
Test & Tune Event Details (subject to change):
- Participants may enter the facility Thursday, April 7th, beginning at 6:00 pm and camp overnight. Please try to arrive no later than 11pm and do not paddock in an electrical powered spot or garage unless you have already completed your reservation by calling the office at 724-535-1000.
- Driver check-in begins at 7:15 am at the Pro Shop, followed by a mandatory driver’s meeting at 7:45 am The drivers meeting for half-day participants will be no later than 1pm. If you arrive after the drivers meeting you must see the lead instructor before you will be given access to the track.
- No race engines may be started before 8 am or after 6 pm You will be asked to shut off your engine and it may result in a penalty with reduced track time for you or your team.
- Test & Tune on-track sessions generally begin at 8:30 am and run until 5:30 pm, but any given Test & Tune schedule is subject to adjustments and modifications
- Pitt Race determines the schedule and run groups based on enrollment. In the interest of safety, Pitt Race reserves the right to limit the number of participants on the track at any time.
Cancellations greater than 48 hours before the event start time will be refunded in full.
Cancellations made less than 48 hours prior to the event start time will be credited toward a future Pitt Race Test and Tune.
Cancellations after the start time or no-shows will not be offered refunds or credits. This includes no-shows, withdrawing for mechanical reasons, or crashes.
Make sure your motorsportreg.com account profile email is correct and that emails from this program are not directed to your junk mailbox.
A tentative schedule will be posted soon
- All drivers must present proof of a current competition license or have documentation from Pitt Race HPDE or other program that shows the driver is in the advanced group. We will accept valid license credentials from: SCCA, NASA Competition or HPDE4 license, Professional Sports Car Racing, VSCDA, SVRA, Vintage National License, VRG, RCCA, NASCAR, CART, FIA or EMRA. Certificates documenting the completion of a racing course from an accredited driving school within the past 12 months may also be accepted.
- Shoes that cover the entire foot must be worn while on track. (No open toe shoes or shoes with heels are permitted. (This includes "Crocs" style shoes, sandals, etc.)
- Long pants and long sleeved shirts are required for participation.
- Helmets Snell certified with the following ratings are accepted: SA2020, SA2015, M2020, M2015, and SFI 2015.
- Drivers are required to bring their helmet to check-in for approval and helmet tech decal. The helmet will then be valid for the year indicated on the decal.
- Drivers must bring Log Book or credentials to check-in for approval if requested.
- For your safety and others participating, all cars must complete the Self Tech Form before driving on track.
- This program requires all drivers to use their own qualified vehicle.
- Fully prepared road race competition cars and street cars are permitted.
- Vehicles with a high center of gravity and narrow track, including SUV's, Cross-Overs, Mini Vans, and 4WD pickup trucks, are not permitted.
- Convertible vehicles with operational factory rollover protection system are allowed. This includes factory roll bars, pop up rollover protection, and reinforced a-pillars designed to provide rollover protection. The car must be driven with the convertible top in the up and locked position. Arm restraints are recommended.
- All other convertibles require either an installed factory hard top or a four-point roll bar. If a roll bar is installed, the top of the driver’s helmet must be below the line from the top of the roll bar (not including padding) to the top of the windshield frame. Portions of the roll bar subject to contact by the drivers’ helmet must be padded with a non-resilient material with a minimum thickness of one-half inch. Arm restraints are recommended.
- If you are unsure about your convertible compliance. Please call the track prior to completing registration so we can verify the use of the car.
- No passengers in any cars at any time, excluding approved instructors or coaches riding with a student. Instructors or coaches must be seated in the front passenger seat, and must have the same safety equipment as the driver.
- Pitt Race management reserves the right to deny access to the track to any driver or vehicle for safety concerns.
Manned Corner Stations
Pitt Race provides emergency services and corner workers. Please attempt to get disabled cars to a designated safe zone and remain in car while waiting for assistance from the flag worker or Fire/Rescue.
Support crews are responsible for their own safety during Test & Tune Days. The paddock speed limit is 10 miles per hour for all vehicles. All hot-pit traffic is ONE-WAY; violators will be noted. Please pay attention to traffic in the paddocks and pits at all times. No person under 16 years of age is permitted in the pits at any time. No alcoholic beverages are allowed in the pits or paddocks.
A Waste oil recycling conatiner is located behind the North Track garage. Please deposit only the fluids labled on the container or drum.
IMPORTANT: DO NOT POUR OIL, GASOLINE, ANTIFREEZE, OR OTHER FLUIDS ON THE GROUND OR PAVEMENT.
Please contact Pitt Race personnel if you have any questions about the containment of waste fluids
Sunoco Racing Fuel is the official fuel of Pitt Race. The following grades are available at the facility pay-at-the-pump station. There is a Sunoco mandated security program in place that will limit you to three transactions on the same card in one day. If you think you will need more than three trips to the pump in one day, bring more than one card.
· Leaded 110 Octane
· Unleaded 100 Octane
· Unleaded 93 Octane
Garages and Electric Supplied Paddock Spots
If you are interested in renting a garage for this event please call the track at 724-535-1000. Please note that this is a separate reservation from the weekend rental you may have scheduled with another organization. There are limited numbers of each and they must be resreved and paid for in advance. Unreserved spots are available on a first-come-first-served basis and you must go to the Pro Shop to pay for the space.