Pitt Race Full Track Test & Tune (ChampCar)Pitt International Race Complex
About this event
Test and Tune is non-timed, non-competition track time for ChampCar teams. This program is designed for those seeking additional seat time for driver improvement, vehicle and chassis tuning and for those who want practice time on the Pitt Race circuit prior to a race event. This is a great opportunity to shake down your car or test for an upcoming race.
This event will be restricted to ChampCar racers. Open Wheel/Formula cars/street cars will not have a run group for this event.
This event will run from 12:30 pm until 5:30 pm with alternating sessions between run groups. This is one hour longer than a normal afternoon Test and Tune to allow for more ChampCar drivers to rotate through practice. On-track incidents, mechanical delays and adverse weather are unpredictable and could result in reduced track time.
To be clear, your registration is for one run group, not both. However, you may register for the other run group if you wish to get additional track time.
Pitt Race does not provide instructors for Test and Tune events.
The goal is to give every team and driver as much track time as possible. On track incidents and weather that delays track time cannot be made up. Pitt Race reserves the right to modify the run groups at any time during the day.
$250 per car for ½ day (Afternoon sessions ONLY)
*There is a $30 walk-up fee if you do not pre register*
Drivers/Teams MUST pre-register here on Motorsportreg.com before the close of registraiton.
Test & Tune Event Information (subject to change):
- Driver Check-In begins at 10 am followed by a mandatory driver’s meeting at 11:45 am If you arrive after the drivers meeting you must see the lead instructor before you will be given access to the track.
- No race engines may be started before 8am or after 8pm You will be asked to shut off your engine and it may result in a penalty with reduced track time for your vehicle.
- Pitt Race determines the schedule and run groups based on enrollment. In the interest of safety, Pitt Race reserves the right to limit the number of participants on the track at any time.
|Start||End||Group||Passenger Rules||Passing Rules|
|12:30 PM||1:00 PM||Champ Car 1||No passengers||Point-by passing only|
|1:05 PM||1:35 PM||Champ Car 2||No passenegrs||Point-by passing only|
|1:40 PM||2:10 PM||Champ Car 1||No passengers||Point-by passing only|
|2:15 PM||2:45 PM||Champ Car 2||No Passengers||Point-by passing only|
|2:55 PM||3:35 PM||Champ Car 1||No Passengers||Point-by passing only|
|3:40 PM||4:20 PM||Champ Car 2||No passengers||Point-by passing only|
|4:25 PM||4:55 PM||Champ Car 1||No passengers||Point-by passing only|
|5:00 PM||5:30 PM||Champ Car 2||No passengers||Point-by passing only|
- All drivers must present proof of a current competition license or have documentation from Pitt Race HPDE or other program that shows the driver is in the advanced group. We will accept valid license credentials from: SCCA, NASA Competition or HPDE4 license, Professional Sports Car Racing, VSCDA, SVRA, Vintage National License, VRG, RCCA, NASCAR, CART, FIA or EMRA. Certificates documenting the completion of a racing course from an accredited driving school within the past 12 months may also be accepted. ChampCar drivers with valid drivers license's are permitted in this event.
- Shoes that cover the entire foot must be worn while on track. (No open toe shoes or shoes with heels are permitted. This includes Crocs type shoes, sandals, etc.)
- Long pants and long sleeved shirts are required for participation.
- Helmets Snell certified with the following ratings are accepted: Helmets Snell certified with the following ratings are accepted: SA2020, SA2015, M2020, M2015, and SFI 2015.
- Drivers are required to bring their helmet to check-in for approval and helmet tech decal. The helmet will then be valid for the year indicated on the decal.
- Drivers must bring Log Book or credential to check-in for approval if requested.
- For your safety and others participating, all cars must complete the Self Tech Form before driving on track.
- All convertibles require either an installed factory hard top or a four-point roll bar. If a roll bar is installed, the top of the driver’s helmet must be below the line from the top of the roll bar (not including padding) to the top of the windshield frame. Portions of the roll bar subject to contact by the drivers’ helmet must be padded with a non-resilient material with a minimum thickness of one-half inch. Arm restraints are recommended.
- If you are unsure about your convertible compliance. Please call the track prior to completing registration so we can verify the use of the car.
- Fully prepared road race competition cars are permitted. (No seperate run group for street cars due to insufficient signups in prior years)
- Vehicles with a high center of gravity and narrow track, including SUV's, Cross-Overs, Mini Vans and 4WD pickup trucks, are not permitted.
- No passengers in any cars at any time.
- Pitt Race management reserves the right to deny access to the track to any driver or vehicle for safety concerns.
Manned Corner Stations
Pitt Race provides emergency services and corner workers. Please attempt to get disabled cars to a designated safe zone and remain in car while waiting for assistance from the flag worker or Fire/Rescue.
Support crews are responsible for their own safety during Test & Tune Days. The paddock speed limit is 10 miles per hour for all vehicles. All hot-pit traffic is ONE-WAY; violators will be noted. Please pay attention to traffic in the paddocks and pits at all times. No person under 16 years of age is permitted in the pits at any time. No alcoholic beverages are allowed in the pits or paddocks.
Trash receptacles and liquid recycling stations are located behind the North Track garage area.
IMPORTANT: DO NOT POUR OIL, GASOLINE, ANTIFREEZE OR OTHER FLUIDS ON THE GROUND, PAVEMENT OR STORM DRAINS. If you violate this policy, you will be escorted off the facility.
Please contact Pitt Race personnel if you have any questions about the containment of waste fluids
Sunoco Racing Fuel is the official fuel of Pitt Race. The following grades are available at the facility pay-at-the-pump station. There is a Sunoco mandated security program in place that will limit you to three transactions on the same card in one day. If you think you will need more fuel, bring more than one card.
· Leaded 110 Octane
· Unleaded 100 Octane
· Premium Unleaded 93 Octane
Garages and Electric supplied paddock spots
If you are interested in renting a garage or an electric supplied paddock spot for this event please call the track at 724-535-1000. Please note that this is a separate reservation from the weekend rental you may have scheduled with another organization. Reservations must be paid for at the time of booking.