About this event
This is the registration link for Pitt Race for Group 2 Solo and Group 3 approved drivers on the Full Track.
The hot-track times for this event are 12:00 pm - 4:00 pm
PDE (Performance Driver Education) Learn the art of track driving in a controlled environment on the full 2.8-mile course. The goal is for you to continue to develop your skills behind the wheel as you experience a broad range of your car’s performance at a pace that is faster than Group 1 and Group 2. If you want to be a better driver with driving techniques based on racing, Pitt Race PDE is your source. No classroom instruction or in-car instructors are provided for Group 2 Solo and Group 3. Participants are divided into the following groups:
Group 2 Solo (Intermediate): This group is for drivers who have been signed off as a solo driver by Pitt Race Instructors or can provide acceptable proof of experience. Drivers have demonstrated an understanding of high-performance rules, safety, etiquette, and track regulations.
Group 3 (Advanced): this group is for drivers who have been approved by our chief driving instructor or can provide acceptable proof of experience. Drivers with a valid competition license or certificate of completion from track driving school will also be permitted. Please note that this is not a Test and Tune day and aggressive driving is strictly prohibited.
Cost is $225 per driver. Please note: No walk up registrations are possible due to current government guidelines.
Pitt Race will make separate run groups for Group 2 Solo and Group 3 approved PDE drivers. There will be no open-wheel, single seat formula type car run group. There will be 25-minute sessions, rotating between each group until 7:00 pm The length of the sessions and the number of sessions may vary if weather or on-track problems arise.
COVID-19 Information: As the guidelines and information about best practices related to the ongoing pandemic continue to change, Pitt Race will monitor the situation as it relates to our facility and programs. Once specific event protocols regarding masks, distancing, building occupancy and other factors are known, we will send out an email prior to the event.
PDE Group 2 Solo and Group 3 Event Outline:
- Participants may enter the property at 9:00 am on the day of the event unless otherwise noted in an update email.
- You will be required to sign the Pitt Race waiver upon arrival at the track gate. Driver check-in is typically at the Pro Shop. You need to check-in to receive the latest schedule and your wristband.
- Registration for the afternoon sessions begins at 11:00 am, followed by a mandatory driver’s meeting at 11:30 am If you arrive after the driver's meeting you must see the lead instructor before you will be given access to the track. This applies even if you have been to previous PDE events.
- No race engines may be started before 8:00 am or after 8:00 pm.
- Pitt Race determines the schedule based on enrollment and changes may be made to account for weather or on-track incidents. Pitt Race reserves the right to limit the number of participants on the track.
- The driver is financially responsible for any damages that they cause to the track, guardrail, cleanup, or other track property
|Group 2 Solo and Group 3|
|12:00 PM||12:25 PM||Group 3|
|12:30 PM||12:55 PM||Group 2|
|1:00 PM||1:25 PM||Group 3|
|1:30 PM||1:55 PM||Group 2|
|2:00 PM||2:25 PM||Group 3|
|2:30 PM||2:55 PM||Group 2|
|3:00 PM||3:25 PM||Group 3|
|3:30 PM||3:55 PM||Group 2|
|4:00 PM||track cold|
- This program requires all drivers to use their own qualified vehicle.
- The Pitt Race Self-Tech Form must be completed for every car on track. The form must be surrendered to event personnel before being released onto the track. Forms are collected on the false grid (this will be explained in class and/or at driver’s meeting). Please use this link to download the form: HERE
- The car must have a passenger seat installed with safety equipment for the instructor equal to the safety equipment for the driver.
- If available, please install the factory tow hook on the front of the car.
- Convertible vehicles with operational OEM rollover protection system are allowed. This includes factory roll bars, pop up rollover protection, and reinforced a-pillars designed to provide rollover protection (Caution: Some cars are equipped with "style bars" or other devices that mimic the appearance of a roll bar, but are not true rollover protection).The car must be driven with the convertible top in the up and locked position. Arm restraints are recommended. Please call the track if you have questions about your car.
- All other convertibles require either an installed factory hard top or a four-point roll bar that protects both the drivers and passenger side of the vehicle. If a roll bar is installed, the top of the occupant’s helmet must be below the line from the top of the roll bar (not including padding) to the top of the windshield frame. Portions of the roll bar subject to contact by the drivers’ helmet must be padded with a non-resilient material with a minimum thickness of one-half inch. Arm restraints are recommended.
- Vehicles with a high center of gravity and narrow track are not permitted. Most SUV's, Cross-Overs, Mini Vans, and 4WD pickup trucks are not permitted.
- Pitt Race reserves the right to refuse a vehicle access to the track for any reason.
- No passengers in any cars at any time, excluding approved instructors riding with a student.
- No single seater vehicles or formula style open wheel cars are permitted in Group 1 or Group 2. For Groups 2 and 3, we will create a open wheel run group if there are enough entries, otherwise this group is subject to cancelation.
- Tesla owners please see additional information at the bottom of this page.
- Drivers must be 18 years of age or older, and possess a valid state issued driver's license.
- Minors ages 16 or 17 with a valid learner's permit may participate in Group 1 with a completed Parental Consent form. Please contact the track ahead of time for details.
- Minors with a valid driver’s license may participate with a completed Parental Consent form. Please contact the track ahead of time for details.
- Minors with a valid road racing license may participate with a completed Parental Consent form. Please contact the track ahead of time for details.
- Shoes that cover the entire foot must be worn while on track. (No sandals, heels, Crocs, etc.)
- Long pants are required and long sleeved shirts are recommended for participation.
- Helmets with the following SNELL ratings are accepted: Helmets Snell certified with the following ratings are accepted: SA2020, SA2015, SA2010, SAH2010, M2020, M2015, M2010, SFI 2010 and SFI 2015. Note that the 2010 rated helmets will not be valid for Pitt Race HPDE or Test and Tune after December 31, 2021. Helmets with DOT only certifications are not accepted.
- Drivers must bring any existing Student Log Book to the PDE. Proof of credentials may be required for opting into higher level run groups.
- Instructors will complete a Student Evaluation Form (for Group 1 and Group 2) and it will be available for viewing on your motorsportreg.com profile within a few days after the event.
Sunoco Racing Fuel is the official fuel of Pitt Race. The following grades are available at the facility pay-at-the-pump station. There is a Sunoco mandated security program in place that will limit you to three transactions on the same card in one day. If you think you will need more fuel, bring more than one card.
· Leaded 110 Octane
· Unleaded 100 Octane
· Premium Unleaded 93 Octane (There are two pumps with 93 octane. They are dispensed from different tanks but are the same fuel)
Driving a Tesla in our PDE?
Pittsburgh International Race Complex welcomes your vehicle to our PDE program. We also want to make sure you are aware of the unique circumstances that driving a Tesla on track may bring.
Pitt Race cannot determine how long your vehicle battery will last during track driving. There are too many variables including the weather, the length of sessions, speed, distance, and the driver, that will vary the vehicles overall range.
We recommend that you bring your Tesla issued Mobile Connecter, adapters (NEMA 14-50 and NEMA 5-15), and reserve a power supplied paddock spot.
Electric paddock spots sell quickly. Please reserve your spot as soon as you can. They are $25 for the day and include a 50-amp power outlet. You may charge your car using your appropriate connector.
Pitt Race does not have a Tesla Supercharger or Mobile Connector station, so please be prepared for possibly longer charge times and have the appropriate equipment available.
Please follow all the other rules listed on the tech sheet and registration information.
If you have any questions, or would like to reserve an electric spot, please call the main office.