About this event
The SCCA Philadelphia Region 2023 SOLO Summer Series
@ Oxford Valley Mall
Rust Off Test & Tune Schedule
- 6:30 Gates Open
- 7:00 Check in begins at the truck
- 7:30 Tech Inspection Opens, Group A cars go directly to grid after Tech. Course walks/chalking begins once the course is finished and has been safety checked.
- 9:00 Drivers Meeting – everyone onsite
- 9:15 Group B go to their worker stations.
- 9:30 Group A runs begin, Group B at their worker stations.
- 10:30 Group A runs end. Group B cars move into Grid. Group A go to worker stations.
- 11:00 Group B runs begin, Group A at their worker stations.
- 12:00 Group B runs end, and cars return to paddock. Group A workers come in.
*** Lunch break*** Note: You may leave to get lunch, but need to be back in time for the afternoon session as the gate will once again be closed for the afternoon. You may want to consider bringing your lunch with you to allow some additional “tune time” with your car during the lunch break, or just to have some down time to relax.
- 1:00 Group A runs begin, Group B at their worker stations.
- 2:00 Group A runs end. Group B cars move into Grid. Group A go to their worker stations.
- 2:30 Group B runs begin, Group A at their worker stations.
- 3:30 Group B runs end, and cars return to paddock. Group A workers come in.
- 4:00 Pack up the course and clean up grid/paddock. Load up the truck.
- 5:00 Gates close for the day.
Event Run Groups
Based on registration numbers, competitors will be broken down into 2 run groups and run according to the set schedule above.
Group B works while Group A runs. Group A works while Group B runs.
This event will be run similar to a regular season event, however, no points will be awarded nor will times be recorded. The timing system will be up and running for competitors to track their progression throughout the day for car setup purposes.
Each session will run (1) hour for a total of (2) sessions per run group. There will be no set number of runs. Each group will have (1) hour per session and can run as many times as liked within that session.
Grid will operate similarly to a normal event. You will have a specific grid space and will return to it after each run. Cars will be pulled to the start line IN ORDER by a grid worker, but there will be space to pull around the car in front of you if they elect to skip a run to make setup changes.
The Test & Tune is capped at 50 cars.
All entrants must posses a valid driver's license and 1+ year of autocross experience. Entries may take a few hours to appear on the registration list pending confirmation of experience.
- For this special pre-season event you MUST have at least one full year of autocross experience.
- To register for this event you MUST be a current SCCA member.
- Registration for this event will be online pre-reg ONLY for all drivers in a car. There will NOT be any on site registration.
- This event is capped at 50 cars.
- The fee for the Test & Tune is $75 for 1 car and 1 driver. A second driver in the car is an additional $25, for a total of $100 for a 2 driver car with drivers splitting the car's runs between them. There is no 2-driver lane at this event.
All entrants MUST be SCCA Annual members. Weekend memberships are not available for this event.
Passengers age 12 and older are permitted. Any passengers under 18 must have a completed minor waiver as described above. All passengers must be SCCA members.
Helmets must meet one of these certifications: PDF Download
We will have a small number of loaner helmets available; bringing your own is encouraged.
All competitors under 18 years of age are required to have a Minor Waiver form signed by a legal guardian. This form must be printed in color and either signed in the presence of an SCCA member at the event, or signed and notarized prior to the event. Link.
All attendees must be SCCA members, either annual or weekend. If needed, a weekend membership is provided as part of the registration process for an extra $10. Up to (2) weekend memberships can be credited towards an annual membership.
An annual SCCA waiver hard card is recommended. If you do not have this, please complete the speedwaiver as part of the registration process on the next page.
Passengers are permitted when the driver has 2+ years of autocross experience. Non-competitor passengers must obtain permission from the Event Chair.
Every attendee must help work the event. Assignments will be made in advance and emailed to you the night before the event. Please check in at the worker table by 9am to confirm that you are present.