About this event
Welcome to Road X!
Road X is an autocross on a real race track! There are cones, fewer of them, allowing for higher speeds and more fun! Imagine an autocross with banking, rumble strips and elevation.
The surface at race tracks is far superior to your average parking lot. This makes for more exciting corners and driving elements. Also, the option to not work at our event is very different from your typical autocross/solo event.
Motorsport Ranch in Cresson TX. A Country Club for motoring enthusiasts – including sports cars, race cars, and motorcycles. Established in 1996, the Ranch introduced and pioneered this new concept. Just as a golf country club centers its activities around a golf course, this club centers around a purpose-built road racing course. Two courses, actually, as a second road course has been added to the facility.
Think of MotorSport Ranch as a place that its members go to satisfy that “need for speed”. Many people own a sports or high-performance car, or even a vintage race car. The Ranch is a place to explore the potential of these cars and for the drivers to develop and practice their skills. The Ranch offers convenience and accessibility for its members who do are able to treat performance driving as a sport or a hobby.
Saturday, October 9th. 8am-5pm
VIP - Road X - $175. ***NO WORK DUTIES*** Apex Hat. Four runs in the morning. Four runs in the afternoon. Lunch provided and eligible for a Trophy at the end of the event. Also included is a 10% off voucher for a future Apex HPDE event!
Premium - Road X - $150. ***NO WORK DUTIES*** Four runs in the morning. Four runs in the afternoon. Lunch provided and eligible for a Trophy at the end of the event. Also included is a 10% off voucher for a future Apex HPDE event!
Standard - Road X- $100. Run/Work duties. Four runs in the morning. Four runs in the afternoon. Lunch provided and eligible for a Trophy at the end of the event. Also included is a 10% off voucher to a future Apex HPDE event!
Worker- Road X - Our workers are paid $125 for the day with included lunch and breaks.
APEX ROAD X will support the following classes:
- Rotary engine multiplies displacement by 2.0.
- Usage of forced induction multiplies displacement by 1.5. (This is in addition to the rotary multiplier, if applicable.)
- Tires with a wear rating under 200 must participate in the XR class.
- Class RX-A is for engines under 2.0 liters.
- Class RX-B is for engines over 1.9 liters but under 2.6 liters.
- Class RX-C is for engines over 2.5 liters but under 4.0 liters.
- Class RX-D is for engines over 3.9 liters.
- Class RX-W is an open women's class for any engine displacement and induction. Ladies only, please.
- Class RX-X is an open class for any engine displacement and induction.
- Class RX-XR is an open class for any engine displacement and induction with a tire wear rating under 200.
- Class RX-EV is for all-electric vehicles. No hybrid or gas-powered allowed.
No vehicle can be taller than the average width of the vehicle’s track. Each vehicle's track width (average width of the vehicle’s front and rear axles, tire-center to tire-center) must be greater than the height of the tallest point of the vehicle’s main structure from the ground.
Link to the full set of rules:
The event schedule is as follows:
6:30 AM – 8:00 AM: Course setup
8:00 AM – 9:00 AM: Driver check-in
8:00 AM – 9:15 AM: Course open for walking
9:00 AM – 9:15 AM: Drivers Meeting
9:30 AM – First car out There will be a 30-minute break between the morning and afternoon sessions.
The day will be divided into four sessions where you drive in two sessions. Each driver will complete four timed runs per session, totaling eight runs.
Each entrant may only compete in one class at the event.
Basic requirements include:
- Licensed drivers aged 16 and up (under 18? parent or guardian must accompany you)
- Helmet, rated Snell 2015 or better (you can rent one from us if you do not have one)
- Your track-worthy passenger car (such as sedan, coupe, station wagon, etc.) No SUVs, no pick-ups, no vans permitted
Before each event, drivers will need to perform a Tech Inspection on their car. This is required before each and every event, even if you just looked at your car last week or last month. This is for the safety of our instructors, your fellow drivers, and most of all - for you. This inspection can be done by you, your friends, or any qualified mechanic. Note that an in-car fire extinguisher is no longer required. Remember that driving your car on a real race track will involve some wear and tear on your vehicle. You'll need to look over your car after the event in case of tire or brake wear, etc.
Purchases are subject to non-refundable conditions. Terms and restrictions apply, including ANY and ALL reasons, including problems with your car, date conflicts, illness, and any other conceivable reason.
1) Cancellation/Date Change 28 days or more prior to event - Min $25 cancellation fee, with up to 80% refund.
2) Cancellation/Date Change 27 - 3 days prior to an event - Min $25 cancellation fee, with up to 50% refund.
3) Cancellation/Date Change <2 days prior to an event - no refund.
4) We reserve the right but not the obligation to keep a wait list for its exclusive benefit and not to bail you out if you can't or don't want to attend an event.
Apex Driving Academy events run in almost all weather conditions! Don't be put off by a forecast for rain - driving in the rain is an excellent learning experience, and will help improve your driving skills in all conditions.