About this event
Wild Rose Region (WRR) of the Porsche Club of America (PCA) is holding the second High Performance Drivers Education (HPDE) of the season: the PCA WRR HPDE Powered by Riegel Tuning, It is a 3.5 hour track evening session at Rocky Mountain Motorsport (RMM) on Wednesday, September 20, 2023 starting with a 3:30 PM registration/staging, and on track at 4:30 PM.
Registration is limited and there will be only 2 run groups, in order to maximize the driving sessions. Our May 27, 2023 event sold out for most run groups, so don't delay! You will be wait-listed, if our maximum is reached (register selecting the "Wait List Option".
Now open to all skills
The PCA WRR HPDE Powered by Riegel Tuning is open to the general public.
In addition to lapping sessions for everyone, novice track participants will benefit from PCA’s HPDE Driver training. This will include a pre-requisite classroom training held prior to track day to maximize seat time, as well as on track training. You will be enrolled in the robust, PCA HPDE Program designed to help you learn and lap safely. Registration is limited for Novice and Beginners (NOW WAIT LISTING ONLY) - register selecting the "Wait List Option". You can view our introductory webinar on what to expect here https://youtu.be/aHmSCAAlv5k
PCA Member Participant Primary Driver Fee: $495.
PCA Member Secondary Driver (sharing a vehicle in the same run group as the primary driver): Novice/Beginner: $295; Intermediate/Advanced Driver not requiring an instructor $200. Secondary driver must complete their own registration.
Non-PCA Member: Add $50.
Cancellation & Refunds:
- Request for refunds of Participant Registration Fees must be claimed before 11:59 PM MT, July 9, 2023. There will be no refunds after this date.
- Event may be cancelled by the organizer, if the minimum number of participants have not registered by July 20, 2023.
I. Classroom Training
A. Orientation for All who have not driven RMM in 2023 (30 min)
B. Classroom Training For Novices and Beginners (1.5 hr)
and online Webinar via Zoom
Date: Tentatively: September 13, 2023
Time: 6:30-8:30 PM
Early Grid Inspection will be conducted. NOTE: This is the final inspection, that requires the completion of the Tech Inspection.
ll. Track Session
Location: Rocky Mountain Motorsport - Calgary, AB (rockymotorsports.com)
Date: Tuesday, September 20, 2023, 3:30 PM -8:00 PM Please be there early enough before 3:30 PM, to give yourself time to check-in and Grid Inspected, if not already performed at Training session.
Registration and Meetings: 3:30- 4:30 PM
Event End: 8:00 PM
Dinner will be provided. Indicate any food restrictions when registering.
NOTE: This is a WRR event. If you have questions or concerns, you must contact the WRR registrar. Do not contact the RMM track.
Sponsor: Porsche Cars Canada
Non-PCA members are welcome.
All Porsche vehicles are eligible except for battery electrical vehicles (BEV). Non-Porsche vehicles must be cars and non-BEV.
Cars with convertible/cabriolet tops must have factory or aftermarket roll-over protection, and will run with the top up.
Participants must be 18 years old or older to drive at a PCA driving event..
Here is simply what you need to attend:
- A car in safe running condition. All Porsches are eligible to run.
- You must have a WRR PCA Tech Inspection performed and form PCA HPDE Technical Inspection Form - WRR Performance Driving Events - PCA Wild Rose Region (porsche.ab.ca) completed within 4 weeks of the event by a certified mechanic. While you may pick any suitable mechanic, see WRR PCA Driving Event Technical Inspections - Vendor Special Deals - WRR Performance Driving Events - PCA Wild Rose Region (porsche.ab.ca) for vendors that we have arranged special WRR pricing for PCA members. They are familiar with the standards. The form must be submitted at the time of registration.
- RMM has sound restrictions (95db). Your vehicle must have a muffler, and may be subject to a sound check. One participant has had to install a quieter muffler to attend, and others had to run in a higher gear.
- While normal up to date car maintenance is usually sufficient, your brake fluid must have been replaced in the last 12 months.
- To help arrange run groups, please complete the following questionnaire : High Performance Driving Education Participant Profile Form - WRR Performance Driving Events - PCA Wild Rose Region (porsche.ab.ca) and send to firstname.lastname@example.org
- An approved helmet (Snell SA 2015 or SA 2020 rated or FIA equivalent). $10 rentals are available at the track.
ALL cars MUST go through separate pre-event Technical and Grid inspections before each and every DE event. This is an important part of your preparation and this includes: (1) instructors, (2) log-book cars and (3) cars that have an annual certificate.
The Web site PCA HPDE Technical Inspection Form - WRR Performance Driving Events - PCA Wild Rose Region (porsche.ab.ca) contains the revised September 2023 Tech form that you need to complete. Fill-in the top and bottom sections. Email the completed form to email@example.com Present a printed copy with your car at the inspection station at the track. Each event requires a separate form and the car must be inspected no more than 4 weeks prior to the event. NOTE: You cannot do the checks yourself and sign the form – ALL tech inspections must be done by an approved vendor. WRR PCA Driving Event Technical Inspections - Vendor Special Deals - WRR Performance Driving Events - PCA Wild Rose Region (porsche.ab.ca)
NOTE: The condition of your car is your sole responsibility. PCA, the mechanic, and PCA volunteers are not liable for your vehicle.
- See the Tech form for any other restrictions/requirements.
- If there are any questions, contact the registrar.