About this event
PCA/PNWR Driver Education
- In-car instruction is available for drivers not signed off to drive solo. Drivers already signed off solo can request an instructor (will be assigned based on instructor staffing).
- All instruction offered at this event is in-car. All instructors, all instructed drivers, and all solo drivers requesting instruction must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19.
All drivers and instructors will be initially wait listed upon registration so we can verify eligibility and process registrations in the order received. Drivers will be notified no later than 30 days prior to the event if they are confirmed or wait listed. Payment will be processed 30 days prior to the event for all confirmed drivers.
- June 27, 2022 at 8:00 am for Current PCA Members
- July 18, 2022 at 8:00 am for non-members
Registration Closes 11:59 PM August 18, 2022.
PCA Members: Ensure that you have renewed your PCA membership and that your membership number has been correctly entered in your Motorsportreg.com profile. You will not be allowed to register before the event opens to non-members unless both items are completed.
PCA Pacific Northwest Region's Driver Education Program is a fun and safe, teaching environment in which participants learn advanced car control and safe driving techniques. PNWR Driver Education events are NOT racing, preparation for racing, nor a competition of any kind.
PNWR Driver Education participant
- All Day - $335
- One-time helmet rental - $30
See website for complete event details: www.pnwr.org/DE
Photo credit: Christian Bouchez
- Each entrant must have their own account at Motorsportreg.com.
- It is important that you update your personal info and ALL vehicle information-Including VIN numbers for all vehicles you will bring to track during the season Your registration will not be accepted if your VIN numbers are missing.
- Minimum age is 18 with a valid, non-restricted driver's license. We will check driver's license at check-in on day of event
- Maximum of two drivers per car; must run in separate run groups.
- PCA Driver Education Minimum Standards require use of an approved Head And Neck Restraint System (HANS) by drivers and passengers in cars equipped with harnesses. Please review the DE Minimum Standards at www.pca.org.
- Helmets - Snell rated SA2015/M2015, or newer are required. A limited supply of rental helmets is available on a pre-reserved basis.
- Each event requires completion of a PreEventTechForm within a 30 day window PRIOR to each event.
- Your car must be inspected prior to each event, even if you submitted a tech form for a previous event within the 30 day window.
- This form MUST be completed, signed, and submitted electronically 10 days before the event. The tech team will provide instructions 30 days prior to the event.
- This form should be completed by a certified mechanic or by the participant if he/she feels competent to do so. It is highly recommended to have a shop inspect your car periodically.
Additional rollover protection is required for convertible top vehicles without stock protection from the manufacturer.
996/7 GT2, GT3, and Turbo Coolant Fitting Requirements
- The cooling systems of the ‘Mezger’ dry sump engines include epoxied fittings that are especially prone to failure. This can occur with little to no warning, and cars that are primarily street-driven are just as susceptible as those that are driven mainly on the track.
- PNWR now requires proof that all coolant pipe fittings on affected cars have been welded or pinned prior to using them at Driver Education events. The affected cars are: all variants of 996 Turbo, GT2, and GT3; all variants of 997 Turbo, GT2, and GT3, except the 997.2 Turbo. Cup cars are exempt but must run water/water wetter.
- If you are unsure that your car’s coolant fittings have been welded or pinned; or do not have records to reflect this, we can refer you to several local shops for inspection.
Payment and Confirmation:
- Payment - Online payment is mandatory. Your card will not be charged until we have confirmed your registration.
- Confirmation – Your status and assigned car number can be viewed online at MotorsportsReg.com – Attendee List. You'll be listed as Waitlisted upon registration. Drivers will be notified no later than 30 days prior to the event if they are confirmed or wait listed. Payment will be processed 30 days prior to the event for all confirmed drivers.
- During the week leading up to the event, we will send an email with links to all relevant details, including track instructions, track map, schedule, and instructor assignments. This email does come from a third-party server (MotorsportReg) so please be sure to check your junk mail box.