About this event
The 2022 Porsche Redwood City Track Series
PCA-GGR Battle by the Bay
Weathertech Raceway Laguna Seca
June 4-5, 2022
Join GGR for its fourth DE of the 2022 season at Laguna Seca Raceway! PCA-GGR's Driver Education events are focused on safety, fun and maximum track time. This track series is sponsored by our dear friends at Porsche Redwood City.
We are joining Competent Motorsports and its Yokohama Drivers Cup Series for this event We will also have a Club Racing group for GGR's third Club Race of the 2022 season. (Registration for the club race will open April 18, 2022 and can be found at at: http://register.pca.org.)
The sound limit at this event is 105 dB.
We are limiting registrations to Advanced Drivers (Blue and Red Run Groups) only. Note that when you register, you will be put on the waitlist. Priority will be given to drivers that have attended previous GGR Thunderhill and the upcoming May 14-15 Buttonwillow events.
Saturday and Sunday - $745.00
Saturday Only - $545.00
That nasty $100 procrastination fee goes into effect on May 23.
Need help or have questions?
See you at the track!
GGR Track Chair
Know the Rules: Rules and requirements about you and your Porsche can be found on the GGR website. Please review them here before registering.
Tech Form: The Tech Form is available here. Please submit a completed tech form prior to arriving at the track.
2015 or later Snell SA Helmet Certification Now Required
For those of you with 2010 Snell SA certified helmets, it's time to move to a 2015 or 2020 Snell certification. Snell 2020 helmets are available.
Head and Neck Restraints Required:
- SFI or FIA approved Head and Neck Restraints are required for all Drivers and Passengers in harness-equipped vehicles.
- The same type of restraint system is required for both driver and passenger.
- Harnesses are required to be SFI or FIA approved for competition and mounted in the manufacturer-approved configuration. Any harness approved for PCA Club Racing is acceptable when installed according to the manufacturer’s instructions.
- Head and Neck Restraints must be recertified every five (5) years to maintain SFI certification. An SFI 38.1 conformance sticker marked with the inspection date is required.
- If factory stock/DOT approved 3 point restraint systems (stock seat belts) are used, additional head and neck restraints are not required.
- GGR will not rent or provide head and neck restraint systems. Participants must provide their own systems if required.
Guest Driver / Student Waiver Policy: GGR considers you a student unless you've completed two clean events with us. If you are an experienced driver but this is your first event with GGR, please visit GGR's Guest Driver / Student Waiver Policy here. You are responsible for facilitation of the required endorsement. Please contact the Chief Driving Instructor with any questions about the policy.
PCA - HPDE Insurance Program:
In June 2009, Porsche Club of America and Lockton Affinity announced the PCA - HPDE Insurance Program. This innovative program provides single-event physical damage coverage to PCA members who purchase the coverage through Lockton and attend High-Performance Driver's Education events. Over the past ten years many auto insurers have changed their policies to exclude coverage for claims "occurring on a surface used for racing," "at a high-performance driving event," or "use of an auto at a racetrack." Your existing auto insurance policy may not cover damage to your car at the track.
Information on the PCA HPDE Insurance Program can be found here: http://pcahpdeins.locktonaffinity.com/Default.aspx
(This information is provided as a convenience to our members and should not be construed as an endorsement.)
Coverage from other companies may be available as well.