About this event
Area 27 is a world class circuit designed by F1 world champion Jacques Villeneuve to be the ultimate driver’s track. The 4.8 km track features multiple elevation changes, 16 corners including banked and blind corners, and 4 high-speed straightaways.
- November 20, 2023 for Current PCA Members
- December 20, 2023 for non-members
Registration Closes 11:59 PM May 13, 2024.
PCA Members: To register, please ensure that you have renewed your PCA membership and that your membership number has been correctly entered in your Motorsportreg.com profile.
PCA Canada West Region's Driver Education Program is a fun, and safe, teaching environment in which participants learn advanced car control and safe driving techniques. CWR Driver Education events are NOT racing, preparation for racing, nor a competition of any kind.
REGISTRATION FEE: $550 + GST
EARLY BIRD REGISTRATION: $500 + GST (Last Day for Early Bird Registration is February 20)
GUEST REGISTRATION: $40 + GST
Lunch will be offered by Crave Creative Kitchen (not included in registration fee).
Facility hours are 8:00 am – 6:00 pm, with track access from 9:00 am – 5:00 pm, and a lunch break from 12:00 to 1:00 pm.
Attendance at the 8:30 am drivers meeting is mandatory.
Please arrive at the track no later than 7:45 am for Tech and Registration.
There will be 3 run groups (Novice, Intermediate, Advanced), with 20 minute sessions on track, and a maximum of 20 cars per group.
A minimum of two formal lead follow sessions is required for Novice and Intermediate drivers with these drivers only being eligible to move to open lapping with an instructor’s authorization.
- Each entrant must have their own account at Motorsportreg.com.
- It is important that you update your personal info and ALL vehicle information, including VIN numbers for all vehicles you will bring to track Your registration will not be accepted if your VIN numbers are missing.
- Minimum age is 19 with a valid, non-restricted driver's license. We will check driver's license at check-in on the day of the event.
- Two pieces of matching ID are required by Area 27. One must be a valid drivers license. One of the two ID must have your picture.
- Maximum of two drivers per car; must run in separate run groups.
- PCA Driver Education Minimum Standards require use of an approved Head And Neck Restraint System (HANS) by drivers and passengers in cars equipped with harnesses. Please review the DE Minimum Standards at www.pca.org.
- Helmets - Snell rated SA2015/M2015, or newer are required. A limited supply of rental helmets is available at the track for a fee of $15 + GST.
- This event requires completion of a Pre-Event Tech Form within a 30 day window PRIOR to the event.
- This form MUST be completed, signed, and submitted electronically 10 days before the event. The tech team will provide instructions 30 days prior to the event.
- This form should be completed by a certified mechanic or by the participant if he/she feels competent to do so. It is highly recommended to have a shop inspect your car periodically.
Additional rollover protection is required for convertible vehicles without OEM protection.
Open wheel cars are not permitted at this event.
High Centre of Gravity Vehicles (trucks and SUVs) are not permitted at this event.
996/7 GT2, GT3, and Turbo Coolant Fitting Requirements
- The cooling systems of the ‘Mezger’ dry sump engines include epoxied fittings that are especially prone to failure. This can occur with little to no warning, and cars that are primarily street-driven are just as susceptible as those that are driven mainly on the track.
- CWR requires proof that all coolant pipe fittings on affected cars have been welded or pinned prior to using them at Driver Education events. The affected cars are: all variants of 996 Turbo, GT2, and GT3; all variants of 997 Turbo, GT2, and GT3, except the 997.2 Turbo. Cup cars are exempt but must run water/water wetter.
- If you are unsure that your car’s coolant fittings have been welded or pinned; or do not have records to reflect this, we can refer you to several local shops for inspection.
Area 27 Requirements
- Area 27 has a strict limit of 3 events per year for non-members. If this is your 4th time attending you will be turned away in the morning and no refund will be given.
- All drivers who have never driven at the facility before will start in the Novice run group regardless of experience. If you have attended an accredited race school, exceptions can be made to this.
- Area 27 has a sound limit of 103db measured across the starting line. Please ensure your car does not exceed this, otherwise your vehicle will be ineligible to continue for the day.
- Guests are welcome at the event.
- Guests are required to sign the track waiver.
- There is a fee of $40.00 for each guest.
- Passengers are not permitted with drivers on track, unless the passenger is a driving instructor.
Book your accommodation early. Coast Oliver and Watermark Beach Resort offer room discounts. Mention Area 27 when making your reservation.
Coast Oliver has a discount code for online reservations.