About this event
The Patroon, Connecticut Valley & New York Chapters invites you to a Tri-Chapter hosted HPDE on Saturday, April 27th 2024 at Lime Rock Park in beautiful Northwestern Connecticut that will appeal to Drivers of all levels and Instructors alike.
This event is open ONLY to BMW CCA members.
We have the track for the full day and ARE NOT sharing the track with another group like we have in years past. For instructed students, that means one run group at time is one track during a session, not mixed levels. Advanced drivers will be mixed in with instructors. The track goes hot at 9:00 a.m. and sessions run continuously until 5:00 p.m. Our goal is 20-25 minute sessions per run group, depending on how many sign-up. All drivers are placed in a run group based upon their track experience and Instructor recommendation.
Registration is limited to 70 students!
- Instructed Run Groups D-Beginner, C-Novice, and B-Intermediate is $425.00 per driver.
- Partially Instructed Run Group B-Solo is $395 per driver.
- Non-instructed Run Group A-Advanced is $395 per driver.
- A (Advanced) -This is the fasted, most skilled student run group. The student has PREVIOUSLY BEEN APPROVED BY THE PATROON OR CVC CHIEF INSTRUCTOR to drive solo. The student must attend all classroom sessions, and is eligible to receive in-car instruction during the day.
- B-Solo (Intermediate) - A high number of days of track experience. This is a fast, skilled run group. The B-Solo student HAS BEEN APPROVED BY PATROON OR CVC's CHIEF INSTRUCTOR to drive solo SOME of the sessions.
- B (Intermediate) - A high number of days of track experience. This is a fast, skilled run group, but the student is not allowed to drive without an instructor.
- C (Novice) - More than five days of track experience.
- D (Beginner) - None, to a few days, of track driving experience. The student is not allowed to drive without an instructor.
Note: Student experience level is solely as determined by the Patroon Chief Driving Instructor. Should a student register for a run group higher than their experience level, the student will be reassinged and any resulting change in fee will be charged/credidted accordingly.
Our Data Acquisition Program is in full swing and we have purchased a limited number of AiM DL1 units for rental by Advanced and Solo drivers at a cost of $50 per day. There will also a "one on one" Data Evaluation/Analysis session for those interested. If you have your own unit and don't need to rent one, the Data Evaluation/Analysis session will still be available. Both of these "add-on packages" are available on a first come first served basis and will be part of the Registration process.
Registration closes when the school is full or midnight April 21st, whichever comes first. Students will be placed on a wait list once their class (run group) is full.
Please read the following rules and requirements for attending our driving school at Lime Rock BEFORE YOU REGISTER! Failure to comply will result in your exclusion from the event and NO REFUND.
- YOU MUST BE A CURRENT BMWCCA MEMBER TO PARTICIPATE IN THIS SCHOOL. That means your membership must be valid at least until the date of the event. You may apply for membership by calling (864) 250-0022 or go to https://cdn.bmwcca.org/static/join/index.html and pay by credit card to obtain your membership number which must be on your application form at registration.
- ALL CARS MUST BE PRE-TECHED & COMPLETED FORM (Pre-Event Tech Inspection Form 2020-09-14.pdf ) SIGNED. Note that the 2020 form does not require a shop inspection. Inspection must be carried out by a qualified individual who is familiar with the make and model of the vehicle. The participant is solely responsible for determining the inspector’s qualifications and abilities to evaluate the vehicle being inspected.
- Registration will be under the tower instead of in the tower, look for the CVC blade flags and pop-up awning. A valid drivers license is required at registration and you must sign the club waiver. We will provide you with your registration material including vehicle numbers and wristband. You MUST complete BOTH trackside tech & registration BEFORE attending the MANDATORY 8:30 a.m. Driver’s Meeting.
- The Lime Rock Café (concession stand will be open). You may bring your own food and beverage or use the concession stand.
- Entrants must be 18 years or older to drive and/or be a passenger in any car on the track. Only entrants/instructors/workers are allowed in a car on the track. Non-participating/non-working event guests are not allowed rides in student or instructor cars. (Lime Rock’s insurance requirements, not ours).
- SNELL 2015, or 2020 SA, EA or M helmets are REQUIRED. SNELL 2010 helmets are now obsolete and not allowed. No exceptions - please check your helmet!
- A limited number of helmets are available for rent and the loaner helmet program is back for first time drivers. Loaner helmets are available free of charge to first timers only. Helmet availability is limited and is on a first come first served basis.
- All cars must be muffled to meet Lime Rock Park’s regulations. Lime Rock's sound limit for BMW CCA events is 87dB. For information, contact Lime Rock at 860-435-5000.
- Factory seatbelts, street legal harnesses, and 5 or 6-point competition harnesses and 4 point Schroth belts with anti-submarine feature are permitted. 4-point competition harnesses are not permitted. All must have metal-to-metal buckles and be in sound condition. Belts must be mounted using the factory mounting points and/or be mounted per the SCCA General Competition Rules. Equivalent restraints and seats must be provided for driver and passenger. ALL student's cars MUST have a passenger seat for an Instructor.
- ATTENTION CONVERTIBLES, OPEN CARS, AND CARS WITH REMOVABLE ROOF SECTIONS: NO REFUNDS DAY OF EVENT IF YOU FAIL THE BMW CCA BROOMSTICK TEST - "The top of the roll bar shall be a minimum of two (2) inches above the top of the driver's (and passenger's) helmet with the driver (and passenger) seated normally and restrained by seat belt/shoulder harness. A plane (Helmet Reference Plane) drawn from the top (not including padding) of the roll bar to structural parts of the chassis of the front suspension strut/shock towers shall pass over the driver's (and passenger's) helmet."
- CAMERAS: Any camera must be securely mounted and additionally constrained with a safety tether. Mount must be of a design that will not present a safety hazard to any occupant of the vehicle. Hook & loop, Velcro, etc. type fasteners are NOT allowed. External mounted cameras are NOT allowed.
- Any incident involving your vehicle, where damage occurs or injury occurs, Patroon, Connecticut Valley, New York Chapters BMW CCA, event organizers, and event instructors, shall not be held liable.
- Any damage caused to the paddock or track, including safety barriers, is the responsibility of the participant. Note that the track may request payment on-site.
- The driver’s school committee reserves the right to deny entry based upon vehicle type and/or condition at any time, up to and including the day of the event.
- We DO NOT accept walk-ins or substitutes the day of the event.
SUBMISSION OF YOUR APPLICATION IS YOUR ACCEPTANCE OF THESE TERMS.