About this event
Welcome to the Pan American Region (PAR) of the Sports Car Club of America (SCCA)!
We are a community of drivers and fans in the El Paso borderland region. We work together to maximize the fun, joy, and excitement of quick precision driving and competition. When you register for this event, you are joining that community, and it’s going to be a blast!
Somos una comunidad de conductores y aficionados en la region fronteriza de El Paso. Trabajamos juntos para maximizar divercion, alegria y excitacion al conducir y competir rapido y preciso. Cuando te registras para este evento estas uniendote a esa comunida y va ser increible!
This autosport event is Solo Autocross: Drivers compete against the clock on a road course marked by cones. The course is designed to challenge drivers’ skill and vehicle handling, not engine power and top speed. Almost any road legal car that is not a rollover risk can be driven. Cars are classed by capabilities and those classes are used to adjust times to level the driving field, allowing driver to driver comparison and competition.
Este evento de Autocross se hace individualmente: Los conductores compiten contra el reloj en una pista marcada por conos. La pista esta designada para un desafio de las habilidades y el manejo del conductor y no del motor o la mejor velocidad. Cualquier caro legal que no sea riesgo de voltearse se puede usar para el evento. Los caros son clasificados por capacidad y esas clasificaciones se usan para ajustar tiempo y elevar el campo de conduccion, permitiendo comparacion y competicion de conductor a conductor.
Este evento es uno de "puntos", o es decir es un evento en una serie de competicion por el plaso de un ano: el PAR Solo Championship de 2023. Las reglas de la serie se pueden encontrar aqui.
What should you expect?
At your first PAR SCCA Solo event, you’ll have to register, sign a waiver of liability, show a valid driver’s license, get your vehicle inspected for classification and safety (requirements HERE.), and get your helmet inspected (requirements HERE). (PAR SCCA has loaner helmets available). You’ll then have opportunity to walk the course. You will be asked to help with setting up the event. There will be a mandatory drivers’ meeting where rules and regulations along with safety procedures will be explained. Drivers will be divided into two groups, one group will drive the course while the other group officiates: controlling starts, noting when cones are hit or drivers leave the course, resetting hit cones, etc., etc. Drivers will drive multiple runs, and their best time of the day will be used for competition. When all drivers in both groups have completed their runs, everyone will work to collect all the cones and equipment and clean up the event. Final results will be announced and trophies for the day will be awarded.
- Drivers can have one passenger who must use a seat, seatbelt, and helmet.
- Securely mounted cameras are welcome. Passengers and Drivers are PROHIBITED from operating hand- held equipment during runs.
- Passengers and Drivers shall keep all body parts inside the car throughout each run.
- Any adult in the hot areas (grid & course) must have signed a waiver, but non-drivers do not need to register or pay a fee.
- Minors 12-18 years of age can participate as passengers, volunteers, etc. They can drive adhering to any restrictions on their valid driver’s license. Minors are required to sign a waiver and have a waiver signed by all parents. Minor under 12 are not allowed to participate in any way.
- 7:00 am - 7:45 am - Setup ALL PARTICIPANTS ARE EXPECTED TO HELP SETUP*
- 7:00 am - 8:45 am — Course open for walking
- 7:45 am - 8:30 am — Tech Inspection & Registration — NO REGISTRATIONS TAKEN AFTER 8:30 am
- 8:30 am - 9:00 am — Mandatory Drivers Meeting & Workers Assignment
- 9:00 am – 9:15 am — Workers Out to Stations
- 9:30 am - 1:30 pm — Timed Driver Runs (both groups)
- 1:30 pm - 2:00 pm — Course teardown, equipment all loaded into Club trailer**
- 2:00 pm - 2:30 pm — Trophy & Awards Presentation
Times are nominal. All entrants must work the heat they are not running, so plan to be there the full day.
- Pre-registration pays! $10 extra fee for walk-up registrations!
- SCCA Members - Pre-registered - $55. Walk-up registration $65
- Non-SCCA Members (includes $15 required weekend SCCA membership) - Pre-registered - $70. Walk-up registration $80
- You can pay online with a Credit/Debit card or Check via Motorsportreg.com or you can elect to pay with cash, check or credit card at the event itself.
Disclaimer: The above event is subject to cancelation due to other event scheduling conflicts that may occur.