About this event
Hi NorCal MINIs Members,
Come join us for a weekend crossing the Sierra Nevada and back! The fall colors should be in full swing as we go Over the Hills and Far Away.
Your Hosts: Tina and Steve Sandke
The run officially starts in Sonora Saturday morning, but many folks will be spending Friday night in Sonora. There will probably be a group run up to Sonora on Friday afternoon; stay tuned for more details. Saturday’s route takes us over Ebbets and Monitor passes and onto the eastern side of the Sierra Nevada. After lunch in the tiny town of Walker, we’ll dash down into Mammoth Lakes, where we’ll spend the night. Sunday morning we head back north from Mammoth, take a detour around the June Lake Loop, then stop for lunch in Bridgeport. After lunch, we cross Sonora Pass and head back through Sonora and then scatter and return to our lives.
This run is open to Paid Members and Non-Paid Members.
Non-Paid Members will be charged $5 at event for participation that can be applied towards a fully paid membership of $35.
What to bring:
- Your radios. Don’t forget chargers and/or extra batteries; these are long days.
- Snacks & Drinks. There aren’t any places to stop and grab something on the passes.
- Toilet Paper (the bathrooms along the way are, shall we say, rustic in places.)
- Stickers you’d like to place at a vista point
- A significant portion of Saturday and Sunday are spent at higher altitudes (9000 ft).
Remember to bring plenty of water and stay hydrated.