About this event
Welcome to Strawberry Creek Raceway Open Lapping.
Our premium 4km road racing track near Thorsby, Alberta has 22 unique and challenging corners,
dives through three ravines, and rises over a few hills.
With no walls or fences close to the track, this is the perfect place to try a track day for the first time, or really push your driving to the limit and see what your car is capable of.
Registration is $300 per driver.
( early bird price $270 , up until 5 days before the event. )
1 passenger is allowed to ride along with a registered driver, as long as they meet the seatbelt requirments and wear a helmet.
MANDATORY DRIVERS MEETING 10:30am
Track time will be 11:00 to 5:00, and after a few pace laps the track will be open for as much track time as you want.
This event is open to all skill and experience levels, the format will be 'wave to pass'.
SCR open lapping events run rain or shine.
There is no charge for spectators.
- VEHICLE REQUIRMENTS -
- Vehicles must have either OEM seat belts, or a correctly anchored 4,5 or 6 point race harness.
- Convertible Vehicles are permitted for track days as long as the chassis is unmodified, and they are registered and insured.
we highly reccomend having a roll bar installed.
- A helmet must be worn at all times on track by both driver and passenger of either DOT or Snell certification.
available from Rallysport.ca, Mopac in Edmonton and Calgary, and JB Power Centres.
- Currently our track days are for 4 wheeled cars, not motorcycles.
- Strawberry Creek Raceway has a sound limit of 92DB, measured 50ft away from track edge on the straightaway.
as a rough guide.. this means your car should have 2 straight through resonators, or one larger muffler to pass our sound restriction.
If you are unsure, feel free to message us with your vehicle/ engine / exhaust setup.
- A fire extinguisher mounted inside the vehicle is recommended, but not required.