North Cascades - Sun Mountain Lodge 2022Sun Mountain Lodge
About this event
This fall we will be heading over to the North Cascades to enjoy the offerings of Sun Mountain Lodge in Winthrop.
The drive over on Friday will take us on the back roads from Spokane to Ritzville where we will meet up with a group from the Tri Cities area. From there we will head up towards Grand Coulee for a lunch stop and then continue northwest towards the town of Winthrop with a trip over Loop Loop Pass. Friday evening will be on your own for a chance to explore the town of Winthrop or just stay and enjoy the amenities that the lodge has to offer.
Saturday we will be joined by a group of people from the Pacific Northwest Region as we head out for the day to explore the area with your choice of two drives of varying lenths and styles. One longer route for those who like high country driving with plenty of curves, mountain passes with even more curves, one horse towns, and a ghost town! The other is a shorter drive, still plenty of twists and curves, beautiful scenery, and an excuse to get back a bit early for lunch and a chance to explore the town of Winthrop or even drive up to Washington Pass Overlook!
There are tentative plans for a dinner gathering that evening. Once a location has been secured that information will be sent out.
Sunday will be a day on your own to relax at the Lodge, drive up to Washington Pass Overlook, go into town for the day to explore, or just head back home by yourself or with an informal group.
If you choose to stay at Sun Mountain Lodge we have secured a block of 14 rooms at the following discounted rates:
- Main Lodge $156 per night
- Mt Gardner $166 per night
- Mt Robinson $184 per night
After August 21st if there are any rooms held for each group that have not been reserved the rooms will be opened up to both groups for a first come first serve basis
In order to secure these room rates reservations must be made no later than August 30th. One night’s lodging will be charged on that date. After that date the room block will expire and any rooms requested will be “as available” only.
The room reservation on-line link will be shared in the confirmation message once registration is completed
Registering for the tour does not include your hotel reservation!
There are other hotels and places to stay in the area but no prior arrangements have been made for availability or group rates.
Please join us this year for a chance to enjoy time with great people, great food, and of course great roads!
- Cancellations and refunds:
- Although we encourage early registration even if your plans might be less than 100% certain, if you do register with some potential to cancel - please cancel as soon as you know you cannot attend. Our tours fill rapidly and the sooner we can accommodate wait listed members, the better.
- Please read and understand this policy before registering. You may cancel your tour reservations anytime prior to the tour departure date (earlier notice is better, thank you!). You may cancel your lunch reservation anytime through September 14 which is the date we have to commit funds to the catering company. Consequently, a refund is unlikely if your cancellation occurs after September 14. We will charge credit cards on September 15. Hotel Reservations must be canceled directly by you within the policy of the hotel. For additional information, email the event chair at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Car club membership: To participate you need to be a paid up member of the PCA at the time of the tour. As you can appreciate, if we are oversubscribed INWR members on the waitlist will be given priority for any openings that may occur.
- Non-Porsches on the Tour: Non-Porsches are only allowed on a case-by-case basis under extenuating circumstances (car in the shop, awaiting delivery of a Porsche, etc). Contact Curtis Broderson as appropriate.
- For Adult participants and attendees: All drivers and passengers must sign the Waiver Release Form, which will be provided at the tour starting point. There is no need to download, print and sign the form in advance.
- Age and driver's license restrictions: All drivers must be at least 16 years old and in possession of a valid US driver's license at the time of the Tour. A driving permit is not acceptable. For participants under 18 years old, at least one parent or legal guardian must be present at the staging area to sign an additional "Minors as Observers Only" waiver. The minor participant may attend the tour with another adult friend or relative, but the parent/legal guardian must sign the waiver form. Friends and/or other relatives (e.g. grandparent) do not meet the waiver signing requirement. To avoid disappointment, please note: THERE ARE NO EXCEPTIONS TO THIS PCA POLICY.
- Registering for Passengers: Please make sure to include the first and last names of any passengers riding with you by completing the space provided during the registration process. If you have two cars on the tour each car and driver should register with a separate Motorsportreg account.
- Mobile phone numbers: we know everyone has privacy concerns; however, please help us by including your mobile phone number in your MSR profile. MSR will soon have an outbound text message capability. This is a feature we may use (sparingly) but when necessary it is a very valuable tool (e.g., a cancellation, an in-transit update, etc.). Additionally, in case of an emergency or "lost sheep" during the tour access to mobile numbers by leads and sweeps has great value.
- Tour Rules and Etiquette: Please read the Tour Rules and Etiquette guidance on the club website at:
https://inwr.pca.org/assets/final-inwr-tour-etiquette---guidance-4-10-15.pdf (live link above or copy and paste in your browser)
- Car Prep: please arrive with clean windshield to avoid sun glare, a full tank of gas' and make sure you've checked your tires for proper inflation pressure and adequate tread depth!
Additional information: See our club website https://inwr.pca.org/