About this event
The Meadowlands has the right to cancel the event at any time so please check AutoX4u.com.
Event Format: Due to current covid-19 restrictions, this event will have a cap of 100 drivers (No Spectators). Because of this, we'll be running a 4 heat / 2 group format (work twice, run twice).
Run order and pricing will be announced by e-mail once registration is closed. Due to the extremely high costs of our lot rental and the added PPE, the fee for each event may change based on the number of drivers registered.
Online payment is required if you pre-register. You will not be charged until after registration closes, and you have until registration closes to cancel. If you don't cancel before the event and your account is charged, there are no refunds, but we will offer a credit good for one year.. There will be no credits if the event sells out and you fail to notify us by 8am the day of the event (via email, or by canceling in MSR).
We will be charging late fees for not registering at least 3 days before the event.
If you haven't pre-registered, we will accept walk ups, but you will pay the late registration fee, and you MUST check in at the truck. NO CASH PAYMENTS.
You will need to have an SCCA annual waiver or use the online speedwaiver service to complete the waiver for the event. If you have an annual waiver you will not need to sign the online waiver. A link to the online waiver will be provided the day before the event and can be completed any time before entering the event, including when you pull up.
COVID-19 Restrictions / Special Notices
Please see the requirements on the next page of the registration process.
Please try to determine the correct class for your car before registering. Please refer to the following links for car classing help:
All race tire and CAM classes run in the following index classes:
- XR : Street Prepared, Street Modified, Prepared, and Modified
- T : Street Prepared and Street Modified cars running on 200+ tread wear tires. This class has a PAX adjustment since the standard factor assumes race tires.
- CAM: CAM-C, CAM-S, and CAM-T
- 7:30 - Arrive
- 8:00 to 9:00 - Registration
- 8:15 - Course Open for Walking
- 8:15 to 9:00 - Tech Inspection
9:00 - Novice Course Walk
- 9:15 - Course Closed for Walking
- 9:20 - Mandatory Drivers' Meeting
- 9:45 - First car off
Based on the high site rental fees at the Meadowlands, we will use tiered pricing based on the number of pre-registered drivers. The bad news is that low turnout means a higher price, the good news is that the higher cost will mean more runs. An email will be sent out when registration closes to confirm the price. You will then have 2 hours to cancel before your credit card is charged if you decide that the cost of these events is too high. Due to issues determining if we'll have the minimum number of drivers at some events last season. In order to make sure we have enough drivers, a late registration fee of $10 will be charged to anyone registering within 3 days of the event to motivate everyone to not wait until the last minute to register.
- Minimum number of pre-registered drivers: 80
- 100 Drivers: $80 / 6-8 runs
- 80 Drivers: $90 / 8 runs
- An additional $15 will be charged to non-members to pay for a weekend membership and insurance costs.
- Late and walk-up registration (starts 3 days before the event) is an additional $10.
Registration closes by 5 pm the day before the event.
All competitors must posses a valid driver's license. All competitors under 18 years of age are required to have a Minor Waiver form signed by a legal guardian. This form must either be signed in the presence of an SCCA member at the event, or signed and notarized prior to the event. The minor waiver form is available here.
All kart drivers (KM) must be SCCA members (no weekend memberships permitted).
All competitors must be SCCA members
If you are not an SCCA Member you can still run,
however, you must fill out a weekend membership form on site if you have not pre-registered (not during this time). If you pre-registered and are not an scca member, the online MSR will submit your info to SCCA and assign you a weekend number for the weekend. This way for the event you are an SCCA member for insurance purposes.
COVID-19 Restrictions - PLEASE READ
Northern New Jersey SCCA COVID-19 Operations Plan and Policies
Updated 6/23/2020 (This might update prior to the event if restrictions change.)
Notice to Participants:In light of the current COVID-19 situation, every attempt will be made to minimize the risks of exposure to the virus. New processes and procedures are being developed and will be put into place for events going forward.
Ultimately, it is your responsibility to assess the risk to you, both on-track and off, and to make the decision on whether or not to participate. If you are feeling unwell or are experiencing symptoms such as fever, cough, or shortness of breath please stay home. If you have been in contact with someone who has been experiencing these symptoms in the last two weeks, please stay home.
While on site please take the health and safety of your fellow participants, volunteers and staff into consideration and practice social distancing, wear a mask, and wash your hands and/or use hand sanitizer frequently.
As a participant in NNJR-SCCA Autocross events, you are required to comply with our event and site policies. This COVID-19 risk management plan is a new policy and procedure we will implement (and request your participation to implement) to mitigate the risk of COVID-19 transmission between persons while participating in NNJR-SCCA Autocross events.
The policies and procedures laid out in this plan shall be considered a condition of participation in NNJR-SCCA Autocross events. Event and program chairs reserve the right to take all measures necessary, including removing individuals due to noncompliance to the requirements of this policy, in order to ensure the successful and compliant running of NNJR-SCCA Autocross events.
The virus is not the only threat to our events. Government officials, news organizations, property management, and New Jersey State Police have the power to end our season if they observe that we are not behaving appropriately. Be cautious when sharing/posting event photos.
Face Coverings / PPE
- ENTRY GATE- Face covering is MANDATORY when interacting with Staff at the Entry Gate. Please stay inside your vehicle.
- TECH - Face covering is MANDATORY when going through Tech. Please stay inside your vehicle and follow instructions from Tech.
- GRID- Face covering is MANDATORY when outside of your vehicle. This will be strictly enforced. After your first warning, you will be asked to leave and you will not receive a refund. Do not approach the Timing Truck.
PADDOCK- Face covering is MANDATORY when socializing within 6 feet of each other. If you are alone or maintaining proper distance from others, a face covering is not required.
- COURSE- Face covering is optional if you are maintaining proper distance from others. You should be spread out while working the course anyway. There will be hand sanitizer at all stations.
Cancellations and Refunds
- If you missed the deadline to cancel your registration through MSR and you wake up feeling sick the morning of, e-mail (email@example.com) the day of the event and we will be more than happy to put your entry fee towards a future event.
- We are now allowing a limited number of novices to register. We still can't have in car instruction, but we'll still provide a novice course walk and have instructors observe runs.
- We will be conducting online registration only.
- Cash payments will not be accepted the day of events.
- You will either need to have an SCCA annual waiver (hard card), or complete an online waiver using the SpeedWaiver service.
- If you don't have an annual waiver, sign the event waiver here.
- MetLife Stadium Waiver - Everyone must DOWNLOAD, PRINT, AND SIGN THIS WAIVER http://www.autox4u.com/file/metLifewaiver.pdf before arriving on site. The completed form will be dropped in a box at the entry gate.
- We strongly suggest everyone gets themselves an annual waiver. You can download and print out a copy here: http://www.autox4u.com/announcements/autocrossing-responsibly-in-a-covid-19-world/
- Annual waiver can be printed at home but it must be in COLOR. You can complete the waiver at home but DO NOT SIGN IT as it has to be witnessed by an Event Chief or Notarized before the event.
- Please park every other spot.
Set Up / Tear Down
- We will make all efforts to minimize the number of setup persons to the lowest level practical to set up a safe event and course.
- Drivers remain in cars.
- For your helmets, you’ll have to show the tech person the appropriate Snell sticker. If you have a 2019 sticker you are still good as 2005 or newer helmets are still good till the end of this season.
Work / Heat Assignments
- After tech, you follow directions to receive your worker assignment as you stay in your car. There will be 2 lines by which run group you are in.
- There will also be no worker check-in before going out to your station, we will check you in via radio.
- We will have a limited number of loaner helmets available to use for the day, secured by your driver's license.
- We recommend that you get your own SCCA-legal Snell helmet. Here is a quick guide and some links to helmets for sale:
- We will have our on-site driver’s meeting as usual, however, we will require that individuals not sharing a household remain 6 or more feet apart and wear a mask/face covering.
- Grid will be broken up into a two-driver car section and a single-driver car section.
- Drivers are to remain in the area around their vehicle for the entire duration of their run group. They should inform the grid workers if they must leave grid.
- Socializing is permitted, but please do not walk over to another participant’s vehicle. We ask that everyone use common sense in maintaining 6 feet from one another.
- If you are outside your vehicle in grid you must wear a facial covering.
- Two driver vehicle participants who share a household will not be asked to maintain social distancing.
Timing and Truck Work
No more than 3 individuals shall be permitted to work inside the truck at any time.
- Computer T&S
- Cone Caller
- Event participants that are not assigned to work in the truck are not permitted to enter the truck for any reason, at any time, during events.
- Workers inside the truck shall wear face coverings at all times.
- There will be no physical results sheets generated or posted at any event during the 2020 season.
- Everyone has access to live timing via their phones and we ask that individuals make a conscious effort to avoid congregating. http://www.autox4u.com/nnjrlive/
- Official Results will be posted online within 48hrs.
Passengers, Non-Participants & Co-Drivers
- Ride-alongs in single driver cars for novice instruction are suspended until further notice.
- No Novice/non-novice Instructor runs
- Co-Drivers from same household are permitted
- Those who are sharing a car that don’t live in the same household must have approval to share a vehicle
- Non-participating spectators will not be allowed to enter autocross events until further notice.
- Course walking shall maintain 6 of more feet between them at all times.
- Please use ‘walk right, pass left’ policy.
- Persons observed course walking in groups will be asked once, to separate. A second warning will result in disqualification of results for the event and/or program chairs reserve the right to request any individual actively in non-compliance to leave the event.
Shared event and site resources include:
- Timing computers
- Station Radios
- Fire extinguishers
- Surface disinfection of these shared resources will be required at the beginning of the day, after each run group and prior to the handing off of any of the above listed materials from one person to another.
- NNJR-SCCA will provide supplies for surface wiping, gloves and hand sanitizer.
- We recommend you bring your own PPE and hand sanitizer
- Events at MetLife Stadium are dependent on Port-a-johns bathroom facilities.
- While not ideal, this our only option so the following best practices are encouraged
- NNJR-SCCA requests that event participants wear their facial coverings whenever they use the bathroom facilities.
- We will have a washing station on site.
- Food & water will NOT be provided. Please bring your own, or stop somewhere to buy it BEFOREyouarrive on site. It might be HOT, so bring at least 6 bottles of water per person.
- Autocross is an inherently social event. We typically encourage socializing during events, within reason. We know the ongoing COVID19 situation is going to make it very difficult to go back to ‘normal’ in the short term. We must ask that if you are going to socialize at autocross events, you use common sense.
- Do not walk up and down the grid lines. We need to be reasonable and serious about complying with the State’s up to date social distancing guidelines.
Driver of the Year / Class Championships
This is all depends on how many events we have in 2020
- We are going to be trying our best to be following the best-practices outlined by the SCCA. What we need from you, the competitors that make driving around cones so much fun, is understanding cooperation and patience. We’re doing everything we can think of to continue to hold events in a safe manner and in accordance with State and Federal guidelines. If we’ve missed anything or need to make any adjustments on the fly, please bear with us.
- We all want to get back to normal and back to having fun with cars. The more cooperation and understanding we all have, the faster that will happen.
Stay safe, and wash your hands….
NNJR Solo Chiefs