About this event
The Meadowlands can cancel the event anytime, so please check NNJR SCCA Facebook Page.
Event Format: Depending on turnout, we'll run a 3 heat format. If attendance is low we might switch to a 2 heat format.
Run order and pricing will be announced by e-mail once registration is closed. Due to the extremely high costs of our lot rental, the fee for each event may change based on the number of drivers registered.
Drones are strictly prohibited from being flown anywhere on site near the stadium.
- You will not be charged until after registration closes
- You have until registration closes to cancel
- Online payment is required if you pre-register
- If you don't cancel before the event and your account is charged, there are no refunds, but we will offer a credit good for one year.
- There will be no credits if the event sells out and you fail to notify us by 8 am the day of the event (via email, or by canceling in MSR)
- If you haven't pre-registered, we will accept walk ups, but you will pay the late registration fee, and you MUST check in at the truck. NO CASH PAYMENTS.
You will need to have an SCCA annual waiver or use the online speedwaiver service to complete the waiver for the event. If you have an annual waiver you will not need to sign the online waiver. A link to the online waiver will be provided the day before the event and can be completed any time before entering, including when you pull up.
Please try to determine the correct class for your car before registering. Please refer to the following links for car classing help:
- SCCA Solo Rule Book
- Car Classification Worksheet
- If you don't know, and don't care about what class your car should be in, register for the FUN class.
All race tire and CAM classes run in the following index classes:
- XR : Street Prepared, Street Modified, Prepared, and Modified
- CAM: CAM-C, CAM-S, and CAM-T
- FUN - For people that just want to show up and run their car
- EVC - Street Touring equivelent class for lower performance electric vehicles.
- NNJR will be following the National SCCA exclusion list with regard to the Vitour Tempesta P1 tire. They will not be allowed in Street, Street Touring, CAM or XS classes, but can be run in DOT R-Comp classes.
- 7:30 - Arrive
- 8:00 to 9:00 - Registration walk-ups only
- 8:15-ish - Course Open for Walking
- 8:15 to 9:00 - Tech Inspection/Check-in for worker assignment
- 9:00 - Novice Course Walk
- 9:20 - Course Closed for Walking
- 9:30 - Mandatory Drivers' Meeting
- 9:50 - First car off
Based on the high site rental fees at the Meadowlands, we will use tiered pricing based on the number of pre-registered drivers. The bad news is that low turnout means a higher price, the good news is that the higher cost will mean more runs. An email will be sent out when registration closes to confirm the price. You will then have 2 hours to cancel before your credit card is charged if you decide that the cost of these events is too high. Due to issues determining if we'll have the minimum number of drivers at some events last season.
- Minimum number of pre-registered drivers: 80
- 115+ Drivers: $80 / 6 or more runs
- 96-115 Drivers: $85 / 6-8 runs
- 80-95 Drivers: $90 / 8 runs
- An additional $15 will be charged to non-members to pay for a weekend membership and insurance costs.
- Walk-up registration is an additional $10.
Registration closes by 5 pm the day before the event.
Drones are strictly prohibited from being flown anywhere on site near the stadium. There are sensors at the stadium and the police have and will show up and ticket you (or could be arrested) the moment you put the drone in the air.
All competitors must posses a valid driver's license. All competitors under 18 years of age are required to have a Minor Waiver form signed by a legal guardian that must be on site. This form must either be signed in the presence of an SCCA member at the event, or signed and notarized prior to the event. The minor waiver form is available here.
All kart drivers (KM) must be SCCA members (no weekend memberships permitted).
All competitors must be SCCA members
If you are not an SCCA Member you can still run, however, you must fill out a weekend membership form on-site if you have not pre-registered. If you pre-registered and are not an scca member, the online MSR will submit your info to SCCA and assign you a weekend number for the weekend. This way for the event you are an SCCA member for insurance purposes.
- Steel Cities Region SCCA has put together an excellent virtual drivers meeting for review. I suggest you all give it a read: http://stcsolo.com/virtual-drivers-meeting/
Work / Heat Assignments
- Work assignments will be assigned by the worker chief, right after you get teched. We expect you to be at your assignment during your heat.
Driver of the Year / Class Championships
- This is all depends how many events we have.