About this event
Sunday Autocross - Pre registration only (No walk-in's).
This is the regions 9th points event and the Stirliing Moss Championship!
Everyone is encouraged to attend and compete for the day, but this is also a challenge for the season points winners to compete for the regional yearly championship trophy donated by Stirling Moss. The class winners and their co-drivers will be in 1st heat. Everyone get's the normal amount of runs for the day.
All Moss competitors and Moss co-drivers will be put in the same heat.
Moss class winners and the top 10 in PAX are eligible to register in the Moss class. Drivers who are still contenders for the class championship should also register in the Moss class.
Those eligible can be found in the top 2 links on this page Class winners and Top 10 PAX - Novice class is not eligible.
Class winners who do not wish to participate in the Moss runoff should register in "Open classing"
3 and 4 driver cars are OK, but you can only have 2 Moss drivers in any one car.
Also, Moss participants can NOT be instructors - so pick something else for your work assignment.
There is some added information about it on the forum here: https://ner.org/wp-content/uploads/2014/12/NER-Solo-Rules.pdf
We need extra time for setup and planning, so please do not wait until last minute to sign up. Typically, this is the one event we can not allow leeway for late registrations, so please sign up on time if you plan to go.
Registration closes Friday at 7 PM (two days prior to event).
If new to autocross, please watch this video: Autocross basics
Cost to register:
- SCCA member: $50
- Non SCCA member: $65 (Fee incudes a temporary SCCA weekend membership)
- Motorsportsreg.com fee: $2.00
Payment: Required when registering
Refund policy 2023: Refunds will be given if cancelation received by 9 PM the evening before the event.
Location: Moore Airfield, Ayer Ma. (The entrance is at 90 Fitchburg Rd. Ayer, Ma)
Planned Schedule: (Please do not sign up if you can not stay the full day)
- Gates Open: 7:00 AM
- Driver Check-in: 7:00 - 8:00 AM
- Tech Inspection: 7:15 - 8:00 AM
- Course Walks: 7:45 - 8:30 AM
- Drivers Meeting: 8:45 AM
- First Car Off: 9:15 AM
- Trophy presentation: 5:00 - 5:30 PM
Waivers: Digital Waivers for SCCA members: You can set up an annual digital waiver for driver check-in rather than signing the waiver form - Digital Anual Waiver instructions
Car Classing and Rules:
SCCA rules See Appendix A in the '2022 Solo Rules' to determine car classing
Vehicle Eligibility: No Jeeps, pickups, trucks, SUV's or Shifter karts.
Region Rule Information (Note: The Sound Limit at Devens is 90db measured at 75 feet.)
- Please do not use a members 'class number' shown in this class list.
- Members: if you add a class number to this list and someone registers using your class #, contact firstname.lastname@example.org to have it reassigned.
License: A driver's license or learners permit valid in the U.S. is required. (Permit requirements must be followed)
Helmets: 2022 Helmet Certification Be prepared to show the sticker at tech inspection. It is located behind the protective padding inside the helmet.
Loaner helmets are available if you do not have a helmet meeting the 2023 SCCA requirements. (Note that Snell 2005 is no longer usable and ECE helmets expired at the end of 2022)
Tech Inspection: Your car must be in good condition and it must pass an on-site technical inspection to participate. Vehicle tech-Inspection requirements
Novice drivers: No passengers other than registered co-drivers or SCCA instructors.
Visitors: Family, friends, or guests are welcome at no cost, and may sign the waiver and enter the site any time during the day.
Covid 19: SCCA NER adheres to Massachusetts and Deven's Covid requirements (subject to change)
- Masks are optional
- Bring a mask in case your work assignment requires wearing a mask. (Example: Working inside the timing truck)
- Practice social distancing - 6 feet minimum
- If you are showing any symptoms of Covid before the event, please cancel. You will be given a credit to attend another event.
- Shared equipment will be sanitized between heats
- Port-a-potties will be sanitized periodically during the event
- We suggest bringing a pen to sign the waiver, or completing an annual waiver - Digital Anual Waiver instructions